Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center

July 31, 2017

By Seeking excellence

SANITARY, RESPONSIVE, & PROFESSIONAL: I experienced this facility as I visited with a neighbor.. Each time I was amazed and pleased with the amount of attention they provided the patient. When the food was delivered, it was so enticing, I actually requested to taste it to see if it was as good as it smelled. It was. The patient, while at the facility, was pleasantly peaceful and took owner ship fir what was going on. Cleaning hallways, bathrooms, etc went on regardless of what time we came which was always unscheduled. The patient has returned home and the home health care is just as professional.

May 26, 2017

By wavesplitter

When I was first brought in to rehab from a surgery the first thing I saw was several people in lobby slumped over in wheelchairs asleep with no one assisting them.the nursing was so rude and uncaring. They didn't serve any meals that was for diabetics. Slow to help with changing and cleaning. My wife had to clean me because I wasn't helped in two days.wa put in a hoyer lift that no one knew how to operate. Which ended up cutting my leg that I had surgery on. My wife came a demanded for me to released and sent directly to hospital emergency room.the emergency room doctors said I had a bad infection from the cut and they admitted me back in the hospital that I was initially in that did my surgery. Plus I didn't receive any of my medicine in the first three days. They ruined everything that kennestone did to me.spent another two weeks in hospital before going to a different rehab center. God what a nightmare. PLEASE READ THIS. IF YOU HAVE ANY LOVE ONE IN THIS FACILITY GET THEM OUT ASAP. PLEASE

January 31, 2017

By SPConnery

I have read many reviews on many sites and they all read the same, nobody likes the place. As for me and my family, we did not ever have a problem. My mom had a stroke and after being in the hospital for 2 weeks, she was discharged to this place. We never had a problem with the staff nor any of the employees there. The only problem we had was when she was admitted, she was put into a room with 3 beds. There was very little room for anyone to visit and as we are a large family and close family, we were constantly up there.We were very pleased with the professionalism and support of the entire staff. As with all facilities, they have a lot of patients and cannot come at your beck and call, but they try and be very accommodating.

January 15, 2017

By Miclell Drummond

Horrible just horrible, the staff is unprofessional, they don't change or check on the clients, the attitudes are nasty, very unprofessional, the place needs to be closed down immediately, I wouldn't want a dog to stay there, my mother was there for a while I removed her immediately it is awful, the state needs check that nasty place..

January 11, 2017

By Fed up!!!!!

I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. They are all about you until your Medicare runs out. Then they stick you in a small crowded room and hope you or your family gets fed up enough that you dismiss yourself and leave. They do not serve diabetic diets and seem to have a hard time getting meds distributed. You can ask 3 people there the same question and get 3 different answers.

May 28, 2015

By Lovingchild4

I was highly disappointed with lack of care and nursing staff responsiveness. I moved my mom after a week - I couldn't put her through that experience any longer especially knowing how she trust my care decisions. Anderson Mill has potential to be a great facility with excellent therapist but the nursing staff is not committed.

April 02, 2015

By faithlove

This place is HORRIBLE! They lost Mother's cell phone, didn't assist her with changing, left the entire rehab side unattended for at least 2 hours that I know of. Filed a grievance, and still haven't received a call, had to call the Odbudman's rep. And they actually wanted her to stay for long term care. All they care about is the money. I transferred my Mom straight up out of there! Do NOT use this place for nothing. Shut it down! The level of care and concern is 0. The attitudes of the nursing staff lack humility and personality. Everyone acts busy but aren't actually doing anything important like helping!

February 15, 2015

By Kabwest

I was very disappointed in this facility.....the communication between myself and my father's doctor, nurses, therapists was almost non-existent. I had to seek out information if I wanted any updates on my father's care and progress. My father never left his room except to go to therapy on occasion. Both of his NEW hearing aids were lost and his cell phone! No one seemed to care.....I would never put a loved one in this facility!

October 25, 2013

By Ralph8

The majority of the staff at Anderson Mill, I think, was pretty good. They were taking care of my mom's needs. The physical therapy part of the staff were really good to her. There might have been just a few staff that was rough on her, but the majority of them were pretty good. Most of the time when we went there, the facility was clean.

September 02, 2013

By kharris9111

This facility is horrible. My father stayed at this facility for 2 nights and it was A nightmare for him. When I came to see the facility myself the staff were extremely unprofessional, the rooms were very unsanitary, and dirty and the residents who stayed their appeared very unhappy. I felt so bad for them. When I got to my father's room, I noticed no one had changed his feces stained linens in two days, or his roomates. The food they served the residents looked horrible and was served cold. Who in their right mind would treat an older person that way? The staff neglect the patients there and are very incompetent in their work. The staff members dressed very unprofessional too. Tattoos everywhere, lots of Jewelry on, hair do's looked very wild, and some of the staff barely had any teeth in there mouth. The staff members looked as if they just walked out of a County Jailhouse. It was ridiculous. I ended up transporting my Father out of there that morning and told the staff my father would never be back to this facility again. It needs to be shut down because of all the health code violations. I will be making a major complaint against this facility. Please if you read this review, Do Not send your loved ones to this facility, ever!!

January 30, 2013

By Elba1

Anderson Mill Rehabilitation like any other place is okay. But my parents did not like the food very much.

September 12, 2012

By Tone

My father in-law had a hip replacement at this location. The rooms and whole facility was very clean and modern, and well kept up. The head nurses were very nice and helpful but the regular nurses were not. Any time you press the button to call a nurse a non nurse responds and may or may not tell the nurse your problem. I think if an actual nurse responded the patients would feel more comfortable. Anytime he ask the nurse when she finally came to see him if she was told about the call she said no. The Physical Therapists were all great. They work the patients quite well and were very courteous. One of the most unpleasant things we had to endear is when he was released we were supposed to hear from someone about a nurse coming to our house for evaluations within twenty four hours, when we called about it two days later the orders were never put in for it. All and all it was an average experience they just need to work on the areas I outlined earlier.

June 20, 2012

By terrilynnmerritts

Other

If you love your family, don't send them here. My mother worked as a nurse's aide here and it about broke her heart and she was finally forced to quit. I personally saw people left unfed, aides and nurses ignoring call buttons, old men left to rot in their own urine and poop for up to 24 hours, and one aide who bragged at how she was amazing when in fact she spent most of her time in the break room. Aides were eating patient meals and patients were allowed to go around with urine in and on their clothes. Old ladies were bathed where others could walk by and see and while cold. My mother wound up with a hernia after being attacked by a violent man who later had to be sent to a mental hospital and the nursing home refused to pay to fix her hernia. I wouldn't send my worst enemy here. They get wind of inspections somehow and try to make things look better when someone is coming. There is someone who calls and lets them know that there is going to be an inspection.

January 06, 2012

By blancherose

The staff was very friendly and quiet helpful during my visitation. i was able to learn a lot during my visit. The home stay clients are also friendly. Though i was able to enjoy working and visiting, most of the clients were not so friendly and some were mean. some didn't enjoy eating their meals while some enjoyed. some didn't like taking showers, while others did. Working and visiting the older clients really helped me to view and learn things a new way and got to understand the environment of the nursing home facility.While visiting, i was able to see pictures of the clients from when they were younger and they were all very beautiful and handsome young woman and man just like me. And while looking at the pictures, i felt very happy and emotional at the same time because it was the first time i was able to experience such a touching feeling from my work and visiting experience to the nursing home facility.

Services and Amenities of Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Individual
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center

Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Austell, Georgia that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center