Dogwood Forest of Acworth

Reviews of Dogwood Forest of Acworth

Assisted Living Reviews for Dogwood Forest of Acworth

January 04, 2016

By emahmuti

In the beginning this was a wonderful place, but now it is horrible. Staff is rude and most do not speak good english. Things go missing all time, food quality is bad, and they do not want you if you get sick. They will make you jump thru hoops to get your loved one back home. Basically, if they get sick, put them in a nursing home or out on the street, cause Dogwood forest could care less where they go as long as they aren't there.

August 06, 2015

By K. Leedy

I do not know how to express my gratitude for all your staff members at facility. From the day one, they have been so helpful at the each step of the way for Amy to moving in to your facility. Every staff member at the facility are unbelievably helpful in many ways and they perform so plesantly. The nurse takes food care of Amy. The care manager does a great job caring Amy. They are very good about letting me know how Amy is doing, they keep very good detailed recoreds of Amy that I really appreciate. The lady in charge of activity is also so helpful to Amy by her inviting every activity she is creating for the residents. I can go on and on but every person in your facility is so great to all the residents and they do their job so efficiently and pleasantly. I spoke with many residents since Amy moved in and I have heard nothing but great thing about your staff, accommodations and the food. It is such a pleasure to see smiling faces among the residents as well as your staff members that shows your great management of the facility. Thank you. K. Leedy

May 22, 2015

By Bob107007350

Everything was very nice about Dogwood Forest of Acworth. The facilities were very nice and so are the people. For the time we were there, the security was adequate.

October 16, 2014

By Vickie6

My visit at Dogwood Forest was very nice. It was very friendly. It was brand new. I knew some of the people that work there, so I felt comfortable with it. It was a good facility from what I have seen. My mother-in-law was looking at a one-room, and it was spacious enough. We had lunch there. Food was excellent. We were informed of their activities. They had arts and crafts, movies, and games. The staff looked adequate.

June 17, 2014

By Sandy34

My mom will move next month to Dogwood Forest. It is brand new. The staff was nice. The rooms were beautiful. They had bingo and cards. They had a theater there.

May 02, 2012

By sr2ndblack

Dogwood has a wonderful staff that does everything they can to care for their residents. My grandfather was there for about a year and they were able to provide the specialized care he needed for his advanced Alzheimer's. The staff is very welcoming and caring. They are also quick to attend to specific requests. Though like many similar facilities it does have a strange odor to it.

Photos of Dogwood Forest of Acworth

Services and Amenities of Dogwood Forest of Acworth

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Private Rooms For Assisted Living, Private And Shared Rooms For Memory Care

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: ALC 000235

About Dogwood Forest of Acworth

Ideally situated at the entrance of historic downtown Acworth is Dogwood Forest of Acworth, a 93-unit assisted living and memory care community. Created specifically with all of the details that have been clinically proven to produce positive outcomes in the health and lives of seniors, the community features an array of new amenities that will sure to please even the most selective of tastes. Dogwood Forest of Acworth offers the superb services and care you would expect from a Dogwood Forest community.

When entering Dogwood Forest of Acworth, you will immediately see the gorgeous chandelier, stunning living room space, and salt water aquarium. To the right of the foyer is the bistro area, gorgeous private dining room and adjoining community dining space. If you travel to the left of the foyer, you will find one of our two wellness centers, a library, and our multipurpose room for exercise and special events. Off our main living room space is a beautiful courtyard complete with water feature and herb garden. On our second and third floors, you will find lovely outdoor areas overlooking the courtyard, various sitting areas, a second bistro, theater, salon, and business lounge.

Our memory care neighborhood, Inspirations, is a secured area needed for those with memory impairments. The neighborhood has its own garden, dining and kitchen space for culinary activities. Open and spacious, Inspirations provides personalized care for different stages of Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.

Featured Care Services:

• Assisted Living
  • Two neighborhoods for various levels of memory care
  • One-to-One Care
  • Post-Operative Care
  • On-site Rehabilitation
  • Short-term stays

Exciting Community Features:

• Exquisitely designed apartments with optional design upgrades
  • Outdoor walking paths
  • Beautiful courtyard with relaxing water feature
  • Two community bistros
  • Robust wellness center
  • Rehabilitation center
  • Designated adult day service center

Like all of our other Dogwood Forest communities, our Acworth community is built upon a foundation of extensively reviewed standards, procedures, protocols, and training developed by the highly experienced executive team. Trinity’s managers have a lifelong passion for seniors and the assisted living industry.

Map of Dogwood Forest of Acworth