Heritage Healthcare Center

Reviews of Heritage Healthcare Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Heritage Healthcare Center

March 26, 2016

By Ms.Presha

This is the worst place to put any family or friend in. The staff has a nasty attuide when asked questions. When I call out there you can never get to the patients room. This is a horrible place. I would never recommend anyone to send there love ones there.

July 06, 2015

By Angry Rehabber

Other

I entered this facility strictly for rehabilitation. However, I truly was treated as a nursing home patient. I had terrific pain and was not provided with pain medication for hours. The staff did not seem to care. I was rudely awakened and handled by a CNA who tried to force me to get up and get dressed hours before I needed to do so and when I did not need any assistance with dressing. A resident with mental issues came into my rooms on several occasions, always uninvited. It was a horrible experience. I would recommend that anyone considering this facility look elsewhere.

February 25, 2015

I liked the nurses who worked hands on with my mother and father when they were at the Heritage Healthcare Center at Tallahassee. It was an older building. I could not say it was dirty or it was clean, but it smelled like a hospital. The food was not the best that I have ever seen, but it was decent. I was not happy when I first went to the place, but after a couple days I felt good. The staff made the difference even though the facility was not the newest or the nicest one. I was pleased with them.

January 31, 2015

By De'Ann

This is the worst facility available. Do not place your love one or client in this facility, of you care about them. My mother was placed in this facility for short term rehabilitation. She was unable to speak but cognitively she was ok. Nursing staff had no respect or showed no common courtesy to the clients. I witnessed nursing staff standing around talking and laughing at a client as he was trying to enter my mother's room. When I asked them to get him they became rude. When calling for help or her pain medication she at on point had to wait for two hours. On two occasions she went without her medication for 24hrs. i doucumented times and names and turned them in to administration but nothing was done. The last draw was on the day of her discharge necessary services and equipment that was to be set up by social services were not processed. My mother was also scheduled for infusion therapy for reoccurring cancer prior to being placed in this facility, but when I asked about when she would start I was told by Dr. Scandemo (the facility physician) that it was not covered by the facility because of cost. The staff at this facility does not care about the people they work with and it shows in their work. I hate that my mother ever experienced this and i will be making more complaints with AHCA and DCF.

August 15, 2014

By Disgusted with this Facility

This is the worst facility I have ever visited. My family member was left in his own filth for 2 hours on 1 occasion and between 30 minutes and 60 minutes on numerous occasions. He was a total care resident. I documented these, with names, dates and times and turned them into the facility but nothing was done about it. They are severely understaffed and do not answer the residents call lights for 15 to 30 minutes. There were numerous complaints by residents of verbal and physical abuse from the staff which the facility covered up. The food is often overcooked and definitely not edible. Clothing and other items belonging to my family member disappeared and the facility was unable to find the inventory sheet that I had filled out and kept updated. I turned the facility into DCF (the Department of Children and Family) and AHCA (Agency for Healthcare Administration). According to a local attorney the facility has numerous law suits against it. DO NOT allow anyone you know or care about to be put in this facility.

February 08, 2012

By Paris1

Ok I REALLY enjoyed it here and YES I placed my client here. It was a close call because Heritage is already about 98% full which is GREAT! I would definetly say they are doing something right. They had some minor deficiencies but according to the recent reports I've read, they were quickly fixed. I would recommend....well that is, when a bed is available giggles

Services and Amenities of Heritage Healthcare Center

About Heritage Healthcare Center

Heritage Healthcare Center is a senior living provider in Tallahassee, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Heritage Healthcare Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Heritage Healthcare Center