Orchard Ridge Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Reviews of Orchard Ridge Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Orchard Ridge Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

January 11, 2018

By LI Princess

as a retired nurse I shoot straight and tell it like it is. Pros ' I was impressed by the hard-working genuinely caring staff. there was no odor of old urine lingering anywhere in the facility. Call lights were answered relatively promptly, various safety measures were maintained Con- scheduled medications we're not given several times. The meds were available but just not given. I was submitted after a brutal illness had left me completely weakest kittens and I was to work at restoring some of the Lost function I have lost in recent years. I was admitted I question 1 a.m. on a Tuesday. The first thing I noticed was that everyone on staff was wearing a mask. I questioned various members of the staff regarding this and also notice signs hanging up wanting visitors that several residents actually it was many residents we're suffering from gastrointestinal illness and perhaps it would be better if they visit it at another time. 1 Stafford shared with me that the week before many residents were sick with the respiratory infection. I really needed to gain my strength and to regain some of my muscle strength in my arms and legs so I tried not to be concerned even though I am a long-term immunosuppressed patient. the following day I went down to the gym to find out when my session would start and somebody yelled at me from the back of the gym that I could not enter. I asked him if I can have word with them and they explain to me that the doctor in charge at shutdown the gym due to the illness in the facility.. I really got upset because a big knew about this before they accepted me as a patient knowing that I had to stay away from infectious disease AND why did they even accept me as a patient knowing that they think I could not have physical therapy in the gym the very reason I was sent there for? What you have read about the food is 100% correct. My first morning I got two pieces of dry toast and about a tablespoon of scraped off the bottom of the pan scrambled eggs period at every meal you are giving a 4oz glass of fluid. Because I had just come back after a month of severe vomiting every day I got an upset stomach my first morning there and ask for some ginger ale You would have thought I was asking for somebody's first born child! I had to send somebody out to the store to get me some fluids to drink as well as some food to eat between meals because the portions were so pathetically small. I finally decided on my third day that there was no point in me being there if I could not get the services I was sent there to receive and luckily so because the first case of norovirus had just been confirmed. to have two outbreaks illness back-to-back there needs to be some serious in servicing done of the employees reminding them of hand-washing. Unfortunately in all good conscience I could not recommend this place.

December 13, 2017

By negrita

Other

I have my mother there she been there for 5 days now that's a very beautiful place and very clean and wish I like that the only thing that I'm not happy about is your menu the food is terrible awful they should have a better food menu for all the residents there also they should have more towels and washcloths because one day one of the aides had to use one towel to clean my mother with one end of the towel and the other end of the towel to dry her also I don't know if the staff forgets or they just ignore it but sometimes I have to ask for things for my mom and I have to tell the nurse and then a aide before they could bring something in it's a shame because that's not good for your facility and that food is horrible need better food menu no washcloths and also my mother has to wait sometimes long to get cleaned otherwise she have to do it herself

June 22, 2017

By happynephew

My uncle was in this facility and he was very happy with the care. He did great in rehab and is still doing good at home. Id say they did a good job.

April 19, 2017

By G.Gove

They did not have a SAFE DISCHARGE PLAN for my Adult Son. If his wound becomes infected, it will be their fault.

January 24, 2017

By happyforall

The staff and others that come into that building are amazing. The food is not great but they do need to serve 120 patients including the family members that are in there with the families. This place is amazing compared to the other facilities that I have gone to. Thank you.

November 16, 2016

By Mrcleanrb

My wife is 55 in good health but had a fall at work and suffered a broken hip. After emergency surgery and over 4 days in the hospital she was transferred here for rehabilitation. I will get her out of here ASAP. The food is horrendous. Maybe when you are as old as the majority of the people here you lose your sense of taste. Yesterday's lunch was BBQ. It was grey! She asked for a yogurt and after more than 3 hours they finally brought her one. I understand for safety they request you call for a nurse to make sure your 10 foot walk to the bathroom is safe. Well at 3AM she needed to go to bathroom. The nurse came in a reasonable amount of time when she was done she called again but no one came back. She went back to bed without incident. The nurse told on her to the day charge nurse. Did he expect her to wait until dawn! Don't even get me started on getting her meds when needed. Next Wednesday can't come quick enough. I would complain to the facility more than I have but we don't want things to get worse than they are.

October 12, 2016

By Vigilant226

Other

My wife was sent there from a local hospital to improve walking skills after a brief hospitalization. Unattended with no walker, she left her room and walked pass the nursing station and took a serious fall injuring the area near her eye and back. There was a scratch near her eye. She had two huge black and blue areas on her back and other bruises. I brought the matter to the attention of the staff and to their credit did put someone at her bedside. I have photos to prove the injuries. I detected a strong urine odor and she was confused so I told an attendant I think she has a urinary tract infection. They did not believe me. After two and a half days there my wife had not eaten and was slipping deep into delirium. I told the nurse station that my wife was failing quickly and she needed to go to the ER. They did try to contact her doctor but that took so long I told them I was taking her to the hospital. I signed her out and they said it would be against the doctor's directive. No doctor had seen her as far as I could determine. At the ER she was given x-rays to her head and treated for a UTI. She was admitted as a result of what I was told the most severe type of UTI. At the hospital it was noticed a serious rash in her genital area which they said could easily become sepsis infected.

August 05, 2015

I had only been in Orchard Ridge for an hour. I didn't see anybody until my mother was discharged. They had an exercise room, an occupational therapy room, a television room with computers, and a dining room, but most people at this place took their meals in their beds. My mother only stayed there a week. She had a hospital room, which was a double room. The other person was living there as a nursing home patient, and most of them were lying there all day. It's just depressing -- people in bed and people moaning.

December 22, 2014

By Steve46

My mother stayed at Orchard Ridge for a while. The staff and the service were good. They have cards, and they have people come over and sing. The rooms were bigger, and they have more rooms. She left when she got better.

August 03, 2012

By NancyBBP

Admissions staff is wonderful but supervisory staff (social worker, etc) are very poor. Did not seem to understand the need to provide feedback on rehab from the perspective of the whole patient versus simply reciting dates and amounts of time spent in rehab. Nursing staff tries hard but they seem to be very overworked.

About Orchard Ridge Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Orchard Ridge Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is a senior living provider in New Port Richey, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Orchard Ridge Rehabilitation and Nursing Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Orchard Ridge Rehabilitation and Nursing Center