Miami Springs Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Miami Springs Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Assisted Living Reviews for Miami Springs Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

August 21, 2012

By GranddaddyGirl

I was recommended to check out this facility when I mentioned to friends that I was trying to figure out where to place my grandmother. She has started suffering from Alzheimer's and it's just not possible to care for her like she needs at home anymore. Nonetheless, my experience with them was a pretty good one. I have heard how bad some places can be but I saw them treat my grandmother with compassion and respect. It is a very busy facility; at least the nursing assistants seem to be quite busy. But they did take good care of my grandmother when I was there and she never had any complaints. Just because of the stage that she is in, someone was always there for her each night so we witnessed how busy it can be at meal time, but my grandmother ate well every night and not one member of our family witnessed her being abused or receiving poor treatment. I think the facility would run smoother if they were to hire more staff but they do pretty well with what they have.

May 08, 2012

By snowball2422

The experience was alright. I often found it difficult to find parking in their lot, but still had a chance to park behind the street. The place itself looked very nice and well taken care of. Inside people were very nice and actually remembered who I was and who I was family with, that I also thought was a good perk. The amenities they offered were not the greatest, and I often heard my grandmother complain about them. Overall, it was not a bad facility, though I'm sure she would have preferred another.

Nursing Home Reviews for Miami Springs Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

November 28, 2014

By Josie4

Fair Haven Center has bent backwards to accommodate me if I call. They immediately adjust my issues, so for a long distance situation, I am actually very happy with the care. He is old. He has Alzheimer’s, and there’s not much hope for him, but as far as the care that he has received goes, I am happy with it. The nurse staff is very responsive whenever I call. I am pretty happy that it was going on, and I am satisfied that they are doing the best that they can for him. They have actually done a conference call where I had the opportunity to speak all of this caregivers at once. They have done that a couple times with my sister and I because she is also involved in this care. It’s an older facility; they have actually been around for a long time. My grandmother was in that many years ago. At that time, it was owned by the Methodist Church. It is now privately owned, but they are still well-maintained. There’s a lot of activity, and the place is actually pretty well set-up. It looks very attractive because it was originally a Methodist Church. They have a big hall for activities, and I was pretty impressed with the place. He was probably in rehab for about six weeks but he refused to participate, so that was part of the problem. They did call me one time, and they wanted to know if he was aspirating. They called me to ask me if it would be alright to increase the quality of food because he seems to still be hungry afterwards, and after that since my father is a big eater, they even took that into consideration, and they addressed the issue immediately. He has a semi-private room; he is on the window side. It’s a big facility. He is in two towers; they were using a tower. It’s really two-stories tall. The room is adequate; it’s an older facility, so it’s not luxurious, but at the same time, it accommodates two beds, and they each have their own television and their own space. We decorated it while we were there for him, so it is something more personal to look at.

July 05, 2014

By manystyles

Other

I am a firefighter who responds to fairhaven when there are patients in distress. There are numerous reasons why I would never put a loved one in this particular nursing home. It is one of the worst ALF'S I have ever seen. One of the major problems I see at fairhaven is the staff's inability to comlpete ssimple tasks without endangering the residence such as feeding patients who have pec tubes. These are tubes surgically inserted into the patients stomach for feeding. Often times we (fire-rescue) are called because a patient is in respiratory distress. This usually happens when you feed a patient through the tube while they are laying down. This is an extremely frequent occurrence at this facility. I notice that most problems occur well after hours which indicates the facade of a well oiled machine since family members see adequate staff during visiting hours. After hours, however, the quality of care takes a turn for the extreme worse. The immobile patients are not often bathed or moved and therefore develop horrible bed sores. The smell is unbearable at times. The staff often is unaware of things they should be aware of because doctors write everything in the patient's chart. All that is needed is to look in the chart to know about the patient. There are very little medical staff that could handle emergencies. I have personally seen where the night staff is supervised by a certified nurses assistant, not an RN or even an LPN. It is horrible. Stay clear of this nursing home.

August 20, 2012

By roquec

My grandmother entered the facility after breaking her hip and being unable to live on her own. We moved her in during the late summer and although she was hesitant to live there, she soon began to bond with other people living there and the staff. This is when we realized she would actually prefer living at the ALF than at home. The staff was incredibly helpful and courteous no matter what our questions, concerns, and requests were. They were always willing to make sure every thing my grandmother wanted was given to her, and they were always concerned with making sure the people staying there were comfortable. For the last year my grandmother has been living at the ALF and we visit her every few days. She has really grown to enjoy living there, and we feel that it was an excellent decision to move her into Fairhaven.

July 30, 2012

By krystalp28

It seemed clean and like home for residents who could get around and walk, however , my uncle was 95% disable and was unable to talk. He developed many bed sores and wasn't bathed days at a time. Some of the staff seemed very concerned with this problem but it still occurred. The nursing home was cleaned thoroughly every time we visited. They had game nights, holiday parties and their own fee hair salon. My uncle received the bad end of the stick because he couldn't do nothing for himself. Sometimes we would come and smell that had boo booed on himself.We were very unhappy with their service.

June 22, 2011

By BevDivision

I had taken a tour of this facility years back when my family and I were looking for a place for my aunt. Nothing about this place really struck me as fantastic. It was the usual type of facility I had seen before. It wasn't bad nor good. The place seemed a bit crowded with a lack of staff members. There were several residents yelling for assistance and I didn't see anyone rush in to help. That was a wake up call right there. One of the staff members gave me a tour of the facility and when we were asking a bunch of questions, he didn't respond as eagerly and kindly as I had hoped. We ended up choosing a different facility in the area.

Services and Amenities of Miami Springs Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2019

About Miami Springs Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Miami Springs Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Miami Springs, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Miami Springs Nursing & Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Miami Springs Nursing & Rehabilitation Center