Somerford House & Place of Newark

Reviews of Somerford House & Place of Newark

Assisted Living Reviews for Somerford House & Place of Newark

March 10, 2015

By Joan97017050

I went to Somerford House & Place Newark. It was very nice. It was clean and organized. I saw some of the people, and they were very nice. They were trying to help you up.

July 20, 2014

By Amy26

We have placed my dad in Somerford Place. He has been there for three weeks, and we are very pleased with it. They are very friendly and accommodating. Everything my dad needs, he asks for, and they are right there with it.

March 27, 2014

Somerford House was nice but I wasn't as impressed by it. It could be that we were going on a Saturday and the lady that showed us around was shutting up the food facility so she might not have known. She was very nice and we had a nice visit there. The rooms were a little smaller but it was just assisted living. It was very homey. The dining facilities were small rooms. It was maybe four or five people per room so that each little section had its own little dining room. Mom liked it. She had a friend who lived there and she was very impressed by it. It was a few years old but I thought they kept it up nicely. There were more people sitting around in their wheelchairs in some of the open areas. They had a bingo game going on also the one time I was there.

September 24, 2013

By Susan65078150

The staff at Somerford were very good and helpful. They had a lot of activities. The food was great. However, the room that my parents were staying now was bigger than the rooms in Somerford.

May 11, 2013

By Charlotte7

Somerford House doesn't provide the medical care in between but it does have the Alzheimer's care. You would have to go somewhere for other kinds of care you need. I don't think their setup is what my uncle needs right now because I'd rather he stay in the same place. Regarding activities, it's nice that residents also go out on all kinds of trips.

Costs for Somerford House & Place of Newark

Photos of Somerford House & Place of Newark

Services and Amenities of Somerford House & Place of Newark

• About Somerford House & Place of Newark

Somerford House & Place of Newark offers compassionate senior care in Newark, DE. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Somerford House & Place of Newark shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Newark, DE.

Map of Somerford House & Place of Newark