Alder Bay Assisted Living

Reviews of Alder Bay Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Alder Bay Assisted Living

August 13, 2015

By Catherine32

A friend of the family found a place for my sister-in-law in Alder Bay -- a respite room. I'd move in there in a New York minute. The staff is wonderful. It is beautiful and clean, and the dining room looks like a restaurant. It is gorgeous. I haven't had a meal there, but I asked my sister-in-law, and she said the food is excellent. There are I think two selections. I looked at the board that lists the activities and, as a matter of fact, they are planning a group to come to my restaurant for lunch this coming Friday, so they take them to places and stuff like that. It is in a nice neighborhood and very close to all medical facilities and doctors' offices. They are within a mile, at least. And I know that you can have a pet there. Now, my sister-in-law doesn't, but they have the residents' names on the doors and, with the right deposit, you can even take your pet, which I think is very important for elderly people.

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about our Alder Bay property. We are so happy your sister-in-law is enjoying her respite apartment and her stay at our community.

August 30, 2014

By Susan73335750

The Alder Bay was lovely. It was a wonderful facility with a wonderful staff. The staff cared very much about the residents. They were very nice and knowledgable about the residents. They had beautiful rooms and the setting was very attractive. Their rooms were all carpeted and the bathrooms were excellent. The main reason why we didn't look further was that it didn't have a special facility for people who develop Alzheimer's. They took us on a tour in the whole building where we saw the rooms and various facilities.

March 20, 2014

By Suzi1

My mother has been living in Alder Bay for around six months. It is closer to us to stop by and visit her. The place is clean, open and friendly. It was a little bit larger, holding around 50 residents. The staff had been very compassionate and giving. They take the residents to different events. They had a jet boat ride on one of the rivers, they go to various towns for shopping and they also do a lot of events on site. They have a lot of family events, a Christmas party, holiday parties, dances and music.

October 11, 2012

By AlwaysSmiling

Upon visiting this facility, it seemed to resemble most of the others in the area. The biggest thing I noticed upon visiting was the attention paid to visitors and residents. Each resident seemed to receive attentive care and the employees seemed to be concerned about their satisfaction and happiness. The facility was full of activity and most of the employees had smiles and greeted me as a visitor even though they were clearly busy. The location is nice as it is offset from the main areas but still in a pretty central location allowing residents the ability to do things in town. The rooms seemed to be a nice size and nicely kept up as were the surrounding areas.

July 23, 2012

By Jenna1

Everyone always has a smile at Alder Bay. I visit this facility frequently to meet with one of my clients (who is a resident here). The staff is truly focused on creating an enriching experience for every resident (and friends and family are always invited to join in the activities, too which is nice). They have so many fun things planned every day, from meeting for coffee and donuts,ice cream socials, Bingo. movie night and "Happy Hour" to fine art classes. It's nestled in the heart of Eureka so there are plenty of places residents can walk to (or take the shuttle to if needed).The property also has quite a nice deck area with a beautiful view of the surrounding landscape (a great place for seniors to do their arts and crafts are just visit and relax). The individual rooms (the ones I have personally seen there) are well kept by the staff and fairly spacious (units are sized anywhere from 400 square feet to 600, I believe).

Costs for Alder Bay Assisted Living

• Vegetarian

• Pets: Yes

• Get Costs

About Alder Bay Assisted Living

Alder Bay Assisted Living is a senior living community in Eureka, CA that offers a variety of programs and amenities. Alder Bay Assisted Living is committed to providing personalized care for each resident, so all programs are individually designed. Whether residents are looking for specialized memory care or just want some help with daily tasks, Alder Bay has got the perfect fit for their needs. Residents can also enjoy daily activities, organized outings and nutritious meals.

Pet friendly, 24 staff & security, manicured grounds with relaxing gazebo, Saving Libraries program (residents can verbally describe important life events), salon, library, living rooms, volunteer opportunities

Map of Alder Bay Assisted Living