The 3 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Brookings, OR for 2023
Also serving communities of Gold Beach.
The average cost of assisted living in Brookings is $3,050 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,875.
To help you with your search, browse the 9 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brookings. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brookings 3.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brookings, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Brookings, OR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brookings
Brookings, located at the mouth of the Chetco River on Oregon’s southern coast, earned its name in 1913 when it was a red-wood logging community. The name came from one of the California and Oregon Lumber Company’s owners, John Brookings. Since then, the city has become known as a popular community for retirees due to its warm coastal climate. This popularity is evident by the 24.2% of the city’s 6,336 residents who are seniors in the 65 and older age group.
Those seniors needing assistance with daily living activities may benefit from the four assisted living facilities located within the city limits. In Bookings and throughout Oregon, assisted living facilities and residential care facilities are licensed by the Oregon Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brookings
- Oregon does not tax seniors on Social Security benefits, although it does partially tax pensions and fully tax retirement savings account income. Tax rates are something Brookings' seniors should keep in mind when preparing their monthly budgets.
- Seniors can feel safe in Brookings. The city has a violent crime rate of 9.5, less than half the U.S. average of 22.7, and a property crime rate of 20.5, 15 points lower than the national average of 35.4.
- The Brookings area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Curry Health Network and Sutter Coast Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Brookings has an air quality rating of 75 on a 100-point scale where higher numbers indicate better air quality. This rating is almost 20 points higher than the national average of 58. Seniors with respiratory issues may find that their symptoms are less severe in Brookings.
- The cost of living in Brookings is 112.9, lower than the state average of 124.4 but higher than the national average of 100. Although seniors can expect to pay less for healthcare and transportation, which are both lower than the average, housing and grocery costs in the area are higher than the average. With pricier groceries and housing, seniors may find that assisted living facilities are more expensive as well.
- Living in Brookings means summer temperatures of approximately 68 degrees and winter temperatures of about 41. Although the city gets 84 inches of rain each year, 46 more than the national average of 38 inches, the area only gets 1 inch of annual snowfall, 27 inches less than the national average of 28 inches, which might be of interest to seniors who don’t enjoy stormy winter weather.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brookings
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Brookings start around $3,050 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brookings and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brookings
Seniors with low-incomes who live in Brookings or throughout Oregon may receive help with assisted living expenses through the K Plan, which is part of Community First Choice.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brookings
Brookings and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brookings, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brookings
Brookings-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Brookings, OR
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brookings
Review of Sea View Senior Living
My friend moved to Sea View Senior Living, and everything was good. The rate for the two of them is $6,150. I highly recommend it. It was very clean, the staff was amazing, and they were very frien... Read more
Review of Monarch Gardens
I have been here many times to volunteer. The staff are kind and compassionate. It feels more like a family then just a business. Keep up the good work and thank you for doing such a wonderful j... Read more
Review of Sea View Senior Living
Sea View is very well run, it’s a clean environment, and it’s in pretty good condition. The staff is very good. I thought the food was pretty good, and the dining room was very modern, and with ple... Read more