13 Assisted Living Facilities near Washington, UT
Also serving communities of Cedar City.
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the Washington area, with 2 in Washington and 11 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 66 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Washington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Washington 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Saint George with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Washington, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Washington, UT
11 Assisted Living Facilities near Washington, UT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Washington
Named after President George Washington, Utah’s south-central city of Washington is a fast-growing suburb of St. George. Retirees flock to this beautiful area to enjoy warm winters, causing a population explosion over the last decade. Washington's population is currently about 27,700 residents, nearly 18% of whom are aged 65 and over.
To support this large number of older adults who may find they need aid with the activities of daily living (ADLs), such as housekeeping, bathing and shopping, Washington offers two assisted living facilities (ALFs). Seniors have another 11 communities to choose from in nearby Saint George. The Utah Department of Health, Facility Licensing and Certification oversees the ALFs in Washington and the rest of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Washington
- Seniors seeking a dry, sunny climate find it in Washington, where it rains on average 10 inches annually and the sun shines for 255 days each year. Summers, however, are hot with a July high that averages 101 degrees.
- Washington has an array of resources for seniors, including the Washington County Council on Aging, an organization that operates three senior centers in St. George, Hurricane and Enterprise, where residents find exercise and art classes, health screenings, computer instruction and transportation.
- The Washington area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Dixie Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The state of Utah taxes Social Security retirement income. However, the state still made the No. 10 slot on Kiplinger’s 2018 list of best states for retirement, primarily due to the good health of its 65-and-over population and the abundance of outdoor recreational opportunities.
- The American Lung Association grades Washington City and all of Washington County a “C” for ozone pollution and an “A” for particle pollution. Seniors with heart or lung conditions who enjoy outdoor activities should limit their exposure on bad pollution days.
- Security-minded seniors may be relieved to learn that crime rates in Washington are lower than the national averages. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being high violent crime, Washington rates an 11.4, half of the 22.7 national average. The city’s property crime score of 31.4 is also lower than the U.S. average of 35.4.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Washington
Average Monthly Costs
City in Utah
Assisted Living costs in Washington start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Washington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Washington
To help low-income seniors in Washington who are currently living in ALFs cover some of the costs, Utah provides Medicaid assistance under the New Choices Waiver Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Utah page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Washington
Washington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Washington, please visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Washington
Washington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Utah are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Utah page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Washington, UT
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Washington
Review of BeeHive Homes of Coral Canyon
I had a tour of Bee Hive Homes several months ago. It was newer, very clean and very orderly. The staff was very polite and very nice. Read more
Review of Comfort Cottage
This is a nice, very small facility with only a few residents. I love the feel of the facility, just like a real home, minus the chores, which is how it should be. The staff treat the residents e... Read more
Review of BeeHive Homes of Coral Canyon
This facility offers a fantastic view. It looks out over a golf course, all green and lush and beautiful. I know that they residents like to sit outside and watch the world. And occasionally cri... Read more