Southgate Senior Living

Reviews of Southgate Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Southgate Senior Living

October 27, 2015

By James115341550

I visited, The staff was very helpful. The woman was very thorough in asking all the questions about the status of my mother and what phase she is at. We're getting a lot of good suggestions about how things might evolve once my mother gets out of rehab. The staff was very good. Also, she did plenty of follow-up calls to offer assistance. It is a large facility, so they had lots of different rooms to do different activities. The facility seemed very nice and well-run. It was probably a little larger than what I think my mom would enjoy, but it seemed like a very well-run place. The rooms were clean. The facility didn't smell of strange things. It looked like a good place for people.

May 12, 2015

By Kathy106980750

It is a really nice place with lots of good activities. It might be a really good fit for us in a few years, but right now the living quarters were too small for me. They only have one bedroom. Even though you are supposed to spend most of your time outside, we need a two bedrooms; otherwise I wouldn't get any sleep at all, but maybe further down the road it would be different. They took us to lunch, and it was very nice. The food is good, and the lady that took us around was a very delightful person. It just wasn't a good fit for us at this point. It is for those who are either single or can still live in the same bedroom. It just didn't fit my situation because my husband has problems at night, and if we don't get a separate bedroom, I won't get any sleep at all. The overall atmosphere of the place is positive. The neat thing about it is all of the nursing staff and the administrative staff takes turns serving in the luncheon. They get acquainted with the patients on a social basis and not just as a business. I thought that was really neat and a very positive thing.

February 09, 2015

By Gloria40

I was really impressed with its staff. They serve three meals a day, and the food is very healthy and very tasty. They have things going on all the time like church activities which my parents participate in. They take out the trash and clean the bathrooms every day. The whole facility is always clean. I am very pleased with it, and we have recommended it to a friend.

December 12, 2013

By Caring74311950

I was able to visit for an hour and the staff was very nice. The whole setup was a very nice, but it was just out of our price range. Their living quarters were very nice, clean, and sufficient. When I was there I really didn’t see anything going on and I think it would be nice if they have more activities going. If they have the money, I would absolutely recommend this facility.

August 25, 2013

It was good. They have all kinds of activities. They go shopping. They have a variety of places that people go to.

March 13, 2013

By Clint1

I was impressed with how it was. The place is very comforting. Maria, the representative that gave us the tour, walked me through the facility. Then I took my aunt over. They were very kind. We happen to be there a little before 5 o'clock which was around dinner time. She offered my aunt dinner, and she sat down and socialized with all the other residents there. We also went into the rooms that were furnished for showing for people like us who are there for the tour. They decorate for all the occasions like Christmas and Valentine's to make the residents feel at home and see something new or a change of scenery.

June 21, 2012

By Ririe

Young, well prepared staff are careful, cheerful, and kind, Checking on us daily, keeping us active, provide special assistance with meds, moving clients with wheelchairs as needed, helping with insurance claims, provides well balanced meals, entertainment, support religious services, special care for those with memory loss, provides local transportation, and more. Facility is very comfortable.

Memory Care Reviews for Southgate Senior Living

November 07, 2015

I visited and I was very impressed with the staff member, Maria. She took time to help me understand dementia as a disease. I was very impressed with the interaction among patients. I appreciated the learning centers that were set up for the memory care residents. It was simple, but pleasant, and there was an open feeling to the whole place even though it was a secure area. It had lots of windows looking out onto a beautiful area. I liked the personal attention. The staff spent a lot of time with me.

October 16, 2014

My husband’s aunt is already taken care of. She’s been there for 6 months. It has more of a homey apartment versus a hospital look. She’s getting excellent care. They do a lot of activities. They have bingo. They take them out for rides. They have people coming in and play the piano. They sew and knit. The staff is caring. The room was very clean, very roomy and very scenic. They’re on a golf course. I have eaten there a couple of times. Very good, very balanced meals, very nutritional. Their dining room is excellent. It’s very high end with high back chairs. It’s not clinical at all. She lived in a 2-room, a bedroom, a living room, and a kitchen. It was wonderful. Then she went into a studio. Because she’s going down pretty quickly, she’s in memory care. They would lock her out, because other residents go into her room and she gets mad. She just got in there last week, so we’re trying to figure it out because it’s a whole different section where you have to press a button to get in. They’re locked behind closed doors now. She shares a room, and I do not like how it looks. When I’ve gone in there, the beds were not made and there’s stuff all over the room. I have a little concern about the messiness of her room in the memory care area.
See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

Questions about Southgate Senior Living

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Southgate Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our average age here at Southgate is 75 years old. This comes from the mix of Independent and Assisted Living. We have a wide range of individuals from multiple states and backgrounds. Our residents love our restaurant style dining as well as all the different entertainment we provide.

What programs or activities does Southgate Senior Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

There are 5 aspects of activities Social, Physical, Emotional, Intellectual, Spiritual Our Life Enrichment Director has combined all of these into our amazing calendar. With activities like bocce ball, Wheel of Fortune, socials, and crafts.

What places are near Southgate Senior Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located on the first hole of the Southgate Golf Course. Giving us amazing views from our walking path.

What transportation services does Southgate Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

Southgate does offer free transportation to medical appointments. Along with that we do help with scheduling those appointments. We also do offer other transportation on other days.

What makes the chef or dining program at Southgate Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer a wide range of meals that are specialized to the wants and needs of our residents. We are a restaurant style dining room. We have three specialized meals a day and also provide an anytime menu.

What safety features or security measures does Southgate Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

We have a 24 hour response system. Our residents are given a call pendant as well as there are pull cords located in their room and bathroom. We have a 24 hour staff that is trained in emergency response. Our doors do have automatic lock systems on them every night to ensure our residents safety,

How does Southgate Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our Executive Director sends monthly emails out to families with updates on how our community is doing. We also have monthly newsletters that we urge families to subscribe to. Facebook is another great way to see your loved ones and see what they are doing. In regards to Health and Wellness our Director as well as our certified staff are trained to inform families of any emergencies or change of conditions.

Costs for Southgate Senior Living

Photos of Southgate Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Southgate Senior Living

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About Southgate Senior Living

Our caring staff can provide assistance with everyday tasks or more specialized assistance for those with dementia. Care services and amenities include:

• Transportation services
  • Both private and common areas are designed to accommodate mobility devices
  • Meals and snacks are planned by a registered dietician
  • Pet friendly living as well as assistance with caring for your pet
  • Fitness center with individualized exercise classes
  • Assistance with grooming, medication and chronic disease monitoring
  • Behavior monitoring (memory care)
  • Specialized dining services (memory care)
  • Structured daily routine (memory care)
  • Wander prevention programs (memory care)

We provide opportunities for residents to either relax or engage in social activities. For those residents wishing quiet, we offer the opportunity to read a book in the library, work on craft projects in the activity room or watch the birds in the courtyard. For social activities, we offer live music, ice cream socials, and movies in our private theater.

Southgate Senior Living offers assisted living and memory care services to seniors in the Washington County, Utah area. We are located in Saint George overlooking the Southgate Golf course. Residents enjoy our close proximity to several natural areas including the famous Red Cliffs National Conservation Area.

Map of Southgate Senior Living