Southgate Senior Living

Reviews of Southgate Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Southgate Senior Living

June 22, 2016

By Jack771821

Brookdale Southgate is a fine community, and they took care of my wife very well. If I had to go into a community, I would probably go there. There were a couple of things that weren’t great. In the memory care unit, the food was not hot and not the best food in the word. But other than that, the care was excellent. It was very clean.

November 07, 2015

I visited Brookdale Southgate (formerly Emeritus at Cliff View), and I was very impressed with the staff member, Maria. She took time to help me understand dementia as a disease. I was very impressed with the interaction among patients. I appreciated the learning centers that were set up for the memory care residents. It was simple, but pleasant, and there was an open feeling to the whole place even though it was a secure area. It had lots of windows looking out onto a beautiful area. I liked the personal attention. The staff spent a lot of time with me.

October 27, 2015

By James115341550

I visited Brookdale Southgate. The staff was very helpful. The woman was very thorough in asking all the questions about the status of my mother and what phase she is at. We're getting a lot of good suggestions about how things might evolve once my mother gets out of rehab. The staff was very good. Also, she did plenty of follow-up calls to offer assistance. It is a large facility, so they had lots of different rooms to do different activities. The facility seemed very nice and well-run. It was probably a little larger than what I think my mom would enjoy, but it seemed like a very well-run place. The rooms were clean. The facility didn't smell of strange things. It looked like a good place for people.

August 18, 2015

My wife is in the memory care unit of Brookdale Southgate. So far, they are doing a wonderful job. They have her medication balanced pretty good, and her quality of life has improved considerably. The staff is very good. She has two or three nurses that check on her all the time. They come in and give her a shower three times a week. They also check her vitals twice a day. They are taking good care of her. I would recommend it to anybody.

May 12, 2015

By Kathy106980750

Emeritus at Cliff View is a really nice place with lots of good activities. It might be a really good fit for us in a few years, but right now the living quarters were too small for me. They only have one bedroom. Even though you are supposed to spend most of your time outside, we need a two bedrooms; otherwise I wouldn't get any sleep at all, but maybe further down the road it would be different. They took us to lunch, and it was very nice. The food is good, and the lady that took us around was a very delightful person. It just wasn't a good fit for us at this point. It is for those who are either single or can still live in the same bedroom. It just didn't fit my situation because my husband has problems at night, and if we don't get a separate bedroom, I won't get any sleep at all. The overall atmosphere of the place is positive. The neat thing about it is all of the nursing staff and the administrative staff takes turns serving in the luncheon. They get acquainted with the patients on a social basis and not just as a business. I thought that was really neat and a very positive thing.

February 09, 2015

By Gloria40

I was really impressed with the Emeritus at Cliff View and its staff. They serve three meals a day, and the food is very healthy and very tasty. They have things going on all the time like church activities which my parents participate in. They take out the trash and clean the bathrooms every day. The whole facility is always clean. I am very pleased with it, and we have recommended it to a friend.

October 16, 2014

My husband’s aunt is already taken care of. She’s been at Emeritus for 6 months. It has more of a homey apartment versus a hospital look. She’s getting excellent care. They do a lot of activities. They have bingo. They take them out for rides. They have people coming in and play the piano. They sew and knit. The staff is caring. The room was very clean, very roomy and very scenic. They’re on a golf course. I have eaten there a couple of times. Very good, very balanced meals, very nutritional. Their dining room is excellent. It’s very high end with high back chairs. It’s not clinical at all. She lived in a 2-room, a bedroom, a living room, and a kitchen. It was wonderful. Then she went into a studio. Because she’s going down pretty quickly, she’s in memory care. They would lock her out, because other residents go into her room and she gets mad. She just got in there last week, so we’re trying to figure it out because it’s a whole different section where you have to press a button to get in. They’re locked behind closed doors now. She shares a room, and I do not like how it looks. When I’ve gone in there, the beds were not made and there’s stuff all over the room. I have a little concern about the messiness of her room in the memory care area.

December 12, 2013

By Caring74311950

I was able to visit Emeritus at Cliff View for an hour and the staff was very nice. The whole setup was a very nice, but it was just out of our price range. Their living quarters were very nice, clean, and sufficient. When I was there I really didn’t see anything going on and I think it would be nice if they have more activities going. If they have the money, I would absolutely recommend this facility.

August 25, 2013

It was good. They have all kinds of activities. They go shopping. They have a variety of places that people go to.

March 13, 2013

By Clint1

I was impressed with how clean Emeritus at Cliff View was. The place is very comforting. Maria, the representative that gave us the tour, walked me through the facility. Then I took my aunt over. They were very kind. We happen to be there a little before 5 o'clock which was around dinner time. She offered my aunt dinner, and she sat down and socialized with all the other residents there. We also went into the rooms that were furnished for showing for people like us who are there for the tour. They decorate for all the occasions like Christmas and Valentine's to make the residents feel at home and see something new or a change of scenery.

June 21, 2012

By Ririe

Young, well prepared staff are careful, cheerful, and kind, Checking on us daily, keeping us active, provide special assistance with meds, moving clients with wheelchairs as needed, helping with insurance claims, provides well balanced meals, entertainment, support religious services, special care for those with memory loss, provides local transportation, and more. Facility is very comfortable.

Memory Care Reviews for Southgate Senior Living

April 22, 2020

By CindyLovesHerGrandma

Due to Grandma's deteriorating memory it was no longer safe for her to be at home due to wandering during the night, trying to cook meals in the middle of the night and not recognizing the harm that could befall her or others in the house given her absent minded approaches. We are so grateful for the memory care she is receiving. She is so happy where she is, and I am so pleased with her care. I was concerned at first when I heard that Grandma needed to go to a care center because I have never been in a care center that I felt was clean, homey, or the guests well cared for. That opinion was blown away when I saw Grandma's room and learned of all the comfort, attention, love and care she was receiving daily. We are so grateful for memory care. Thank you!!

Thank you so much for your kind words. We love our residents and want them to feel like they are at home. We strive to make them happy and give them the quality of life that they deserve.
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Costs for Southgate Senior Living

Photos of Southgate Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Southgate Senior Living

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About Southgate Senior Living

Our caring staff can provide assistance with everyday tasks or more specialized assistance for those with dementia. Care services and amenities include:

• Transportation services
  • Both private and common areas are designed to accommodate mobility devices
  • Meals and snacks are planned by a registered dietician
  • Pet friendly living as well as assistance with caring for your pet
  • Fitness center with individualized exercise classes
  • Assistance with grooming, medication and chronic disease monitoring
  • Behavior monitoring (memory care)
  • Specialized dining services (memory care)
  • Structured daily routine (memory care)
  • Wander prevention programs (memory care)

We provide opportunities for residents to either relax or engage in social activities. For those residents wishing quiet, we offer the opportunity to read a book in the library, work on craft projects in the activity room or watch the birds in the courtyard. For social activities, we offer live music, ice cream socials, and movies in our private theater.

Southgate Senior Living offers assisted living and memory care services to seniors in the Washington County, Utah area. We are located in Saint George overlooking the Southgate Golf course. Residents enjoy our close proximity to several natural areas including the famous Red Cliffs National Conservation Area.

Map of Southgate Senior Living