2 Assisted Living Facilities in Ardmore, OK
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ardmore. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ardmore 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ardmore, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ardmore
The city of Ardmore holds several titles that reflect the perks of living there, including #1 Small Town With Big Opportunities and a spot on Hugh Bayless' list of the 50 Best Towns in America. This small city has two assisted living facilities to accommodate seniors — 15.3 percent of Ardmore's population . Elderly residents looking for additional options can head to Oklahoma City, where there are 51 assisted living communities scattered throughout the area. The Oklahoma Department of Health's Health Facility Systems regulates the care, cleanliness and procedures of these and all other assisted living facilities in the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ardmore
- Ardmore weather remains mild year round, with the average temperature sitting at a comfortable 63.6. Between December and February, the city averages 1 inch of snow per month, but winter's average highs still remain in the 50s.
- When ranked on a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being the best, Ardmore gets a 50.4 for air quality. This is slightly better than the U.S. average of 58.4, but a score like this may still impact seniors with respiratory conditions such as asthma, chronic bronchitis and cystic fibrosis.
- Common living expenses cost less in Ardmore than they do in other parts of Oklahoma and the United States. Ardmore's cost of living index is 76 on a 100-point scale, which is eight points lower than Oklahoma's average and 24 points lower than the U.S. average.
Safety is a concern in Ardmore; the city is only safer than 4 percent of other U.S. cities. There is a 1 in 170 chance of falling prey to violence in Ardmore, which is higher than Oklahoma's average. Property crime rates are also high; Ardmore residents have a one in 20 chance of experiencing a property crime.
- Public transportation is limited, but SORTS vehicles transport Ardmore residents around the area between 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Seniors pay a discounted rate of $0.75 for in-city rides and $3.00 for rides to other parts of the county.
- The Ardmore area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mercy Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ardmore
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oklahoma
Assisted Living costs in Ardmore start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ardmore and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ardmore
Oklahoma has two main programs that help Ardmore residents cover the costs of assisted living facilities: The Advantage waiver program, and the State Plan Personal Care program. The programs have similar requirements, including Oklahoma Medicaid enrollment, income restrictions and a documented need for care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ardmore
Ardmore and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ardmore, please visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ardmore
Ardmore-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oklahoma are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ardmore
Review of Village Lodge of Ardmore Village
The Lodge at Ardmore Village is close to my home. It's modern, clean, and the rooms are beautiful. The staff are courteous and extremely helpful. They're responsive to my mother's needs when she ca... Read more
Review of The Suites at Elmbrook, Inc.
This place is great!! While our love one was there, she had the most loving and helpful nurses. they went above and be on with the care she was given. The rooms are great and the staff are so nice ... Read more
Review of Village Lodge of Ardmore Village
I have a friend who works at The Ardmore Village in Ardmore, Oklahoma and they hold different functions that are open to the public. Every year for Halloween the decorate the Village with spiders, ... Read more