5 Assisted Living Facilities near Elizabeth City, NC
Also serving communities of Shiloh, Moyock, Kill Devil Hills.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Elizabeth City area, with 3 in Elizabeth City and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Elizabeth City is $4,830 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,345. Cheaper nearby regions include Edenton with an average starting cost of $2,987.
To help you with your search, browse the 14 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Elizabeth City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Elizabeth City 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Edenton with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Elizabeth City, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Elizabeth City, NC
Promotion ends in 7 days!
Spring Promotion: Moving Made Easy. For new residents: $500 Off the Community Fee, 1/2 Off First ... (more)
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Elizabeth City, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Elizabeth City
Review of Brookdale Elizabeth City
I visited Brookdale Elizabeth City. It was fine. It appeared to be well-run and the staff was friendly. Read more
Review of Waterbrooke of Elizabeth City
I volunteer at Waterbrooke regularly so I'm in the building at varying times and on different days of the week. I have always found the building to be clean and odor-free. More importantly, the res... Read more
Review of Waterbrooke of Elizabeth City
I am the Marketing Director for Chick-fil-A of Elizabeth City and have been to Waterbrooke twice. Once to have a Dance-Off and then to play BINGO with the residents. Both times we've been met posit... Read more
Assisted Living near Pasquotank County, NC
More Options Near Elizabeth City, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Elizabeth City
Situated along the Pasquotank River, Elizabeth City, North Carolina, is known as the Harbor of Hospitality. The city is comprised of a 14.1 percent senior population and is home to six assisted living facilities, with three directly within Elizabeth City and three in the surrounding area. Within Elizabeth City and throughout the state of North Carolina, assisted living facilities are known as adult care homes and are regulated by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation. ACHs in Elizabeth City are defined by the state as residencies in which 24-hour personal care services are provided to two or more residents. Some ACHs within the state provide supervision to people with cognitive impairments.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Elizabeth City
- Public transportation in Elizabeth City is provided by the Inter-County Public Transportation Authority (ICPTA). Seniors can also use this transit system to ride to out-of-town medical appointments in Greenville and Virginia on a fixed schedule.
- The Elizabeth City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sentara Albemarle Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Elizabeth City has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Elizabeth City Senior Center, an organization that offers various programs, trips and activities such as exercise classes for seniors aged 55 and older.
- Compared to the overall cost of living in Raleigh, Elizabeth City's cost of living is 21 percent cheaper. Seniors who choose to move to the Elizabeth City area will find housing and transportation costs significantly cheaper than in Raleigh but will find utilities and health costs more expensive.
- Air quality throughout the nation is scored on a scale of 1-100, with 100 being perfect air quality. Elizabeth City's air quality receives a score of 71, 13 percent higher than the country's average air quality score of 58. Seniors who enjoy spending time out-of-doors could contemplate Elizabeth City for its high-quality air.
- Elizabeth City has an extremely high violent crime rate, with nearly double the number of violent crimes reported in Elizabeth City (7.53 per 1,000 residents) compared with the North Carolina average (3.72 per 1,000 residents). Because citizens have a 1 in 18 chance of becoming a victim of either a violent or property crime in Elizabeth City, seniors seeking assisted living here may research facilities that have security systems.
Paying for Assisted Living in Elizabeth City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Elizabeth City start around $4,830 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Elizabeth City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Elizabeth City
For low-income seniors in Elizabeth City, the State/County Special Assistance Program (For Adult Care Home Residents) program offers financial aid for assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Elizabeth City
Elizabeth City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Elizabeth City, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Elizabeth City
Elizabeth City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.