6 Assisted Living Facilities near Saratoga Springs, NY
Also serving communities of Malta, Cambridge.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Saratoga Springs area, with 3 in Saratoga Springs and 3 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 30 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Saratoga Springs. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Saratoga Springs 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Queensbury with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Saratoga Springs, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Saratoga Springs, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Saratoga Springs
Known for both its natural springs and horseracing, Saratoga Springs is a city of approximately 28,000 people, 32.5 percent of which are age 55 or older. Fourteen assisted living facilities (ALFs) serve the community. Three are in Saratoga Springs, while the remaining locations are in nearby areas such as Gansevoort, Malta and Queensbury. Each assisted living community is overseen by the New York Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Saratoga Springs
- Saratoga Springs receives a lower rank on the Sperling’s Comfort Index than the national average (42 versus 54, respectively). Precipitation is high at 44 inches of rain and 63 inches of snow annually. Low temperatures usually are around 12 degrees Fahrenheit, while seniors and their loved ones can expect highs around 82 degrees Fahrenheit.
Air quality in Saratoga Springs, New York is at 66 out of 100, according to the National Air Toxics Assessment the EPA uses to measure hazardous air pollutants. This is better than the national average of 58. The risk of developing a respiratory disease is less than for the state and nation, but greater than that of the metro region.
- Saratoga Springs has a cost of living index of 127.1 compared to the national average of 100. As in other cities, the biggest issue is the cost of housing. Health and utilities are the only areas that are below average.
- Saratoga Springs does well when it comes to violent crime, ranking only 10.4 out of 100 compared to the national average of 31.1. The property crime rate, which is 32.8, is significantly higher than violent crime, but it’s still lower than the national average of 38.1.
- Seniors in Saratoga Springs can enjoy a vibrant culture and entertainment scene that includes golf, balloon rides, hiking and other outdoor activities. Individuals also can visit the Frances Young Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery, The Park Theater, Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Saratoga County Fair or the Saratoga racetrack.
- Saratoga Springs is home to world-class medical facilities, including Saratoga Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Saratoga Springs
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Saratoga Springs start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Saratoga Springs and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Saratoga Springs
An optional state supplement (OSS) (available to SSI recipients), the Assisted Living Program and the Long-Term Home Health Program 1915(c) Waiver program all are options for seniors who need to defray the cost of ALF services in Saratoga Springs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Saratoga Springs
Saratoga Springs and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Saratoga Springs, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Saratoga Springs
Saratoga Springs-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Saratoga Springs, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Saratoga Springs
Review of Home of the Good Shepherd
My father is in a place that is close to my brother and sister in Saratoga Springs, NY. They're doing outside visits, so I was never able to go inside. My father is at the Home of the Good Shepherd... Read more
Review of Home of the Good Shepherd
The facility itself is very clean and kept up. The activities they offer are minimal where my father ends up sitting in his room most of the time. The food is of poor quality and pre made often sit... Read more
Review of The Wesley Community
This place goes above and beyond for their patients now offering single patient rooms updated food court they're hiring process is very intense and you have to pass one of the head nurse is approva... Read more