The Wesley Community

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Home Care, and Adult Day Care

131 Lawrence Street, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
The Wesley Community (800) 385-2527

Reviews of The Wesley Community

Assisted Living Reviews for The Wesley Community

Nursing Home Reviews for The Wesley Community

November 09, 2015

By Terri41

My mother was in Wesley. I liked that they were very caring, and the food looked very good. The rooms were OK, like hospital rooms, but you could bring your own personal belongings like a TV. They were renovating the whole building at the time. They had a lot of activities like outings, manicures, drawingclasses, birthday parties, and more

May 29, 2015

By careforpatient

Wesley Nursing Home despite its high-minded ideals has failed to live up to some basic standards of care, cleanliness and responsiveness that friends and relatives expect for their loved ones. Indeed the institution has exhibited gross signs of deterioration in recent years such that care is increasingly haphazard and incomplete. While there are a few good nurses, many of the nursing staff are composed of per diem or other floating staff on a theoretically interchangeable basis, don't know the patients they serve and offer woefully inconsistent and untimely care to many in need of assistance. Meanwhile nursing aides, with.some exceptions, are hurried, can be dismissive if not rude to the patients, and on far too frequently an occasion disregard protocol. Nurses are reluctant to discipline or correct nursing aides. It can take over 45 minutes after a patient pressed a call button for help to arrive - an eternity when a patient is in pain, needs bathroom assistance or other immediate needs. some shifts nursing aides fail to show up for work resulting in long delays in care for residents. On the bright side there are activities for residents so inclined, transportation of residents to medical appointments, attention to seasonal holidays and mozt importantly some good employees (both nurses and aides) who makes life easier for some patients and all the difference in the. world. Management needs to spend much greater attention to spreading practices of good employees to average and sub-par employees in order to make Wesley a higher rated institution that practices it's stated ideals.

March 20, 2015

We are pleased with Wesley Health Care Center. Nothing's perfect, but we find it to be good. We feel safe, and they take them to doctor's appointments. I have tried the food. It is institution food, and dad right now is on soft food. They have an activities director, and they bring music in or play bingo and trivia. They have a social worker who I deal mostly with if I have an issue. They also have a head nurse. Doctors are on call during weekends, but there is not a doctor who stays on weekends, and that?s a little upsetting. I have not found that to be wonderful, but the nurses have been great.

November 07, 2014

By pca

I have a very close family friend at Wesley nursinghome. I would not refer anyone to this nursinghome. My friend has lost 30 pounds. When she arrived at the nursinghome they put her in a diaper. She had never wore these before. The reason they put her in diapers is because they don't have enough staff. She has waited up to 45 minutes to be put on the toliet. On some days she is left in bed at meal time because they don't have enough staff to get her up The nurses are rude and do not care. I can't under how the nystate health department can allow this.

October 02, 2014

By Swetie

My Dad was a resident of Weekly's Nursing Home for three months up until the time of his death. He was terminally ill. The care he was given was substandard until the last week of his life when Hospice became involved. There was total lack of communication with the Wesley House Doctors and his outside specialists as well as with his family. Wesley Nursing staff for the most part were ineffective, didn't work in a timely manner to meet my Dad's health care need and were rude to family members. The bulk of the work falls on the Personal Care Attendants who are not qualified health care professionals. The room was filthy most of the time.Meals were not quality at all. For the cost of residing at Wesley, close to $400 a day , which Medicare did not cover our family expected far better car from a organization that considers themselves a leader in the health care industry and a "best practice" facility.

June 22, 2013

By Betty26

My mom was in rehab at Wesley Health Care Center because she had a stroke. She was only there for a couple of weeks. They did really well with her. The nurses were so friendly and so willing to tell me how she was doing. My mom also liked it there. We thought the nurses were great and she was really showing improvement; however, she had passed away. I would still recommend this place to others.

July 27, 2012

By Shawn1174q

When a first glance is taken at Wesley Health, it seems gloomy and sad, but when you actually step inside and see what it looks like from the inside it is awesome. There are so many things for the residents to do there. There are a few break rooms for the residents to play games, watch TV, and just chat it up with their friends. After talking to my nana, I realized that this place was awesome. She loved it at her assisted living apartment because of the various activities to do there. I also noticed that the staff at Wesley Health was very friendly and kind. They did not seem mad they had to help out the elderly; they actually seemed to enjoy it. This helped to make the whole atmosphere for Wesley Health a fun and exciting one, especially for the residents! Overall Wesley Health was an amazing place and I'm glad my nana has such a nice place to stay!

July 27, 2011

By Denny726

This facility has very caring associates. They are concerned for the patient as well as the family. They have a unique way of caring for patients with Alzheimer's disease. I would highly recommend this facility.

Services and Amenities of The Wesley Community

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About The Wesley Community

The Wesley Community is a senior living provider in Saratoga Springs, New York that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Home Care, and Adult Day Care. Contact The Wesley Community for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Wesley Community