11 Assisted Living Facilities near South Sioux City, NE
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the South Sioux City area, with 3 in South Sioux City and 8 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in South Sioux City is $2,790 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 23 reviews below for assisted living facilities in South Sioux City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in South Sioux City 2.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sioux City with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in South Sioux City, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in South Sioux City, NE
8 Assisted Living Facilities near South Sioux City, NE
What to Consider About Assisted Living in South Sioux City
Older Americans who prefer an agricultural environment might find much to like about South Sioux City. Directly across the Missouri River from Sioux City, Iowa, the location provides easy access to numerous cultural amenities. Approximately 13% of South Sioux City’s population is comprised of seniors aged 65 and older. To support those who need help with personal care, housekeeping and other activities of daily living, the South Sioux City area offers 11 Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs). Three communities are in the city itself, with another eight in nearby towns.
Nebraska’s Department of Health and Human Services is the governing body responsible for licensing and regulating ALFs in South Sioux City, as in the rest of the Cornhusker state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in South Sioux City
- Some seniors can stretch their dollars further in South Sioux City. The cost of living is about 14% lower than the national average and 5% lower than the state average. While retirees may pay less for transportation, utilities and housing, they typically spend more on healthcare costs.
- The South Sioux City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Unity Point Health – St. Luke’s and MercyOne Siouxland, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Individuals who don't enjoy cold, snowy winters and humid summers might not be comfortable in South Sioux City. With an annual average snowfall of 32 inches and a July average high of 86 degrees with excessive humidity, this Midwestern city scores a low 31 out of 100 points on Sperling’s Comfort Index.
- Although South Sioux City’s violent crime rate of 13.3 is significantly lower than the U.S. average of 22.7, property crime is relatively high here. South Sioux City has a 48 out of 100 property crime ranking, with 100 being the highest. The U.S. average is 35.4. Families may rest easier knowing their loved ones in assisted living may be relatively safe during outings in town.
- The South Sioux City area has an array of community resources for seniors, such as the Siouxland Center for Active Generations. This organization offers several programs, including the Senior Helpmate Program that provides transportation to appointments and errands.
- Nebraska is one of Kiplinger's top 10 least tax-friendly states for retirees. Social Security income is taxable for some individuals, and other sources of retirement income, including public and private pensions and retirement-plan withdrawals, are taxable.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in South Sioux City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Nebraska
Assisted Living costs in South Sioux City start around $2,790 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in South Sioux City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in South Sioux City
Seniors eligible for Medicaid in Nebraska have access to the Aged & Disabled Waiver. This Medicaid-sponsored subsidy helps seniors with a range of services, including assisted living, provided they can live safely in that environment and would prefer it over nursing home care. Not all facilities accept this subsidy, however.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Nebraska page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Nebraska page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in South Sioux City
South Sioux City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in South Sioux City, please visit our Assisted Living in Nebraska page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in South Sioux City
South Sioux City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Nebraska are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Nebraska page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near South Sioux City, NE
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in South Sioux City
Review of Regency Square Assisted Living
My sister has stayed here several times for rehab after a hospital stay. The facility is understaffed and seems to cause staff to be rushed and not very friendly. You have a problem? Suck it up. T... Read more