10 Assisted Living Facilities near South Sioux City, NE
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the South Sioux City area, with 3 in South Sioux City and 7 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in South Sioux City is $3,020 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,595.
To help you with your search, browse the 31 reviews below for assisted living facilities in South Sioux City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in South Sioux City 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sioux City with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in South Sioux City, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in South Sioux City, NE
What to Consider About Assisted Living in South Sioux City
South Sioux City is located on the banks of the Missouri River, and the famous Lewis and Clark Expedition passed through the area in the summer of 1804. Today, the city has nearly 13,000 residents, and almost 13% of them are seniors.
For local seniors who need help with activities of daily living, there are three assisted living facilities within city limits. Licensed assisted living facilities are regulated by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in South Sioux City
- There are many interesting attractions located near South Sioux City. Some, like the Blackbird Scenic Outlook, the Lewis and Clark Campsite, and the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center, commemorate the famous expedition. Seniors may also want to visit the Sioux City Art Center or the Dorothy Pecaut Nature Center.
- South Sioux City has a low crime rate, and it’s safer than almost 63% of communities in the state. Nationally, the city is safer than 89% of cities. This means that seniors can enjoy a safe, comfortable retirement in this area.
- The South Sioux City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including UnityPoint Health - St. Luke’s Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Sperling’s comfort index helps seniors compare the climate throughout the country. On this index, the U.S. average is 54 out of 100, and South Sioux City receives a 31. It earned this low score thanks to its cold, snowy winters. This climate may be a plus for seniors who enjoy winter sports like ice skating.
- A major advantage of retiring in South Sioux City is a low cost of living. The city is 13.6% more affordable than the national average. While housing is the biggest factor in the city’s affordability, transportation and utilities are also less expensive than the U.S. average.
- The American Lung Association (ALA) warns that ozone, which is often called “smog,” is one of the most dangerous pollutants. Seniors who are concerned about this pollutant may be drawn to South Sioux City for its good air quality. The ALA recently ranked American cities by ozone pollution, and the Sioux City, IA-NE-SD metropolitan area tied for the cleanest in the country.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in South Sioux City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Nebraska
Assisted Living costs in South Sioux City start around $3,020 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in South Sioux City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in South Sioux City
Nebraska offers a home and community-based services waiver, called the Aged and Disabled waiver, that may help seniors pay for assisted living services in South Sioux City. The state also provides optional state supplementation to SSI recipients who live in assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Nebraska page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Nebraska page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in South Sioux City
South Sioux City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in South Sioux City, please visit our Assisted Living in Nebraska page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in South Sioux City
South Sioux City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Nebraska are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Nebraska page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near South Sioux City, NE
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in South Sioux City
Review of Regency Square Assisted Living
My aunt has been a resident of Regency Assisted Living for 1 ½ years. We have been very pleased with all facets of life at Regency! It is a pleasant and friendly environment with a high level of ... Read more
Review of Regency Square Assisted Living
My sister has stayed here several times for rehab after a hospital stay. The facility is understaffed and seems to cause staff to be rushed and not very friendly. You have a problem? Suck it up. T... Read more