2 Assisted Living Facilities in Rock Valley, IA
Also serving communities of George, Sibley.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rock Valley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rock Valley 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Canton with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rock Valley, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rock Valley
Rock Valley is situated in extreme northeast Iowa between Sioux City, Iowa, and Sioux Falls, South Dakota, creating the perfect blend between small town living and big city amenities. Of the city's 3,354 residents, 666 or almost 20% are seniors who are at least 65 years of age. Seniors who prefer to stay within city limits can enjoy playing a few holes of golf or strolling through the area’s five parks. For those seniors requiring assistance with everyday living, there are two assisted living facilities located within city limits.
Assisted living programs and residential care facilities, as assisted living facilities are known in Rock Valley and in all of Iowa, are governed by the Health Facilities Division of the Department of Inspections and Appeals.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rock Valley
Iowa’s tax laws are moderately senior friendly, which may help Rock Valley seniors have more money for their monthly budgets. Although pensions and retirement savings account withdrawals are partially taxed, no taxes are levied on Social Security benefits.
- Seniors who enjoy the safe feeling of small-town living might really like Rock Valley. The city has a violent crime rating of 8.9, 14 points lower than the national average of 22.7, and a property crime rating of 11, 24 points lower than the national average of 35.4.
- The Rock Valley area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Hegg Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Rock Valley’s cost of living is 89.5, on par with the Iowa average and slightly lower than the U.S. average of 100, driven primarily by the lower housing costs in the area. Groceries and healthcare, both important considerations for seniors, are higher than the U.S. average at 101.7 and 116.6. Seniors with chronic health conditions might want to take the higher costs of healthcare into consideration when considering relocating to the city.
- Rock Valley has very good air quality, which might make living in the city easier for seniors with cardiovascular or respiratory issues. The city’s air quality scored 90 out of 100, more than 30 points higher than the national average of 58.
- There are 207 sunny days each year in Rock Valley, two more than the national average of 205, which might be of interest to seniors who enjoy spending time in the outdoors.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rock Valley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Iowa
Assisted Living costs in Rock Valley start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rock Valley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rock Valley
Medicaid eligible seniors in Rock Valley may be able to get help with the costs of assisted living facilities through Iowa's HCSB Elderly waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rock Valley
Rock Valley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rock Valley, please visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rock Valley
Rock Valley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Iowa are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rock Valley
Review of Hope Haven Inc
We have visited my wife's aunt a number of times. She suffers from dementia related to a fall she had about 10 years ago. From what I am told she was put in a number of other facilities short ter... Read more
Review of Hope Haven Inc
Hope haven is a great place for mentally challenged individuals to live. there, they can get the attention and care they need. they also have a chance for independence and to be a part of the great... Read more
Review of Hope Haven Inc
This facility is a very warm, inclusive environment for many types of disabled people on all different levels. They provide the best care without judgement of the condition of the person they are s... Read more