2 Assisted Living Facilities in Batesville, MS
Also serving communities of Grenada.
The average cost of assisted living in Batesville is $2,968 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,395.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Batesville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Batesville 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Batesville, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Batesville
Batesville is the largest community in Panola County and is well known for its activity community life which includes a Main Street Historic District that's frequently visited by local seniors. People aged 65 and over make up 12.5% of the population in Batesville, and some of those in need of daily assistance reside in two assisted living communities located in town.
Assisted living communities in Batesville and throughout Mississippi are recognized as personal care homes that are divided into two distinct categories: assisted living and residential living. They are licensed by the Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Batesville
- Seniors who choose assisted living in Batesville may want to check the security features of their community as criminal activity in the city is relatively high. The violent crime rate is 2.3 points higher than the national average of 22.7, and the property crime rate is 49.2 points higher than the national average of 35.4.
- The Batesville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Panola Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors looking for an affordable place to find assisted living may find Batesville attractive because it is cheaper to live here than in many other parts of the country. The overall cost of living is 17.1% lower than the national average.
- Seniors in Batesville may be able to put more of their income toward assisted living due to Mississippi's income tax policies. All retirement income, including Social Security benefits, pensions, and private retirement accounts, is exempt from state income tax.
- Batesville has a very wet climate with hot summers which may make it difficult for active seniors to enjoy the outdoors as much as they desire. In July, the average high temperature is 92 degrees, and about 55 inches of rain fall every year.
- The city of Batesville hosts a wide range of cultural events for seniors to enjoy throughout the year. The most popular event is Springfest. It showcases everything from live music and races to food stalls and local arts and crafts vendors.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Batesville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Mississippi
Assisted Living costs in Batesville start around $2,968 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Batesville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Batesville
As residents of Mississippi, seniors in Batesville may be able to take advantage of the Assisted Living (AL) waiver. This Medicaid program provides funds to help eligible seniors live independently within assisted living communities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Batesville
Batesville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Batesville, please visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Batesville
Batesville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Mississippi are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Batesville
Review of Providence Assisted Living of Batesville
The staff at Providence Assisted Living of Batesville was very good. The rooms were very nice and very clean. The atmosphere was very good. It was a very nice community and very clean. Everybody wa... Read more
Review of Providence Assisted Living of Batesville
My aunt moved here when she was considered no longer safe alone in her home. It has given her a new lease on life. My mother-in-law moved here in October. She has a lovely room and could not be ... Read more