7 Assisted Living Facilities near Eveleth, MN
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Eveleth area, with 3 in Eveleth and 4 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Eveleth. Better rated regions include Virginia with an average rating of 3.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Eveleth, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Eveleth, MN
4 Assisted Living Facilities near Eveleth, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Eveleth
Eveleth is a suburban community in St. Louis County, bordered by a large quarry to the north and Long Lake to the south. Home to both the Hockey Hall of Fame and the World's Largest Hockey Stick, Eveleth also has five assisted living facilities within its city limits. These facilities are equipped to serve the needs of close to 19% of St. Louis County's 200,000 residents, who are seniors aged 65 and over.
These facilities, like all residential care sites throughout the state, are inspected, licensed and regulated by the Minnesota Department of Health Facility Certification, Regulation and Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Eveleth
- The weather in Eveleth is warm and humid in summer when daytime high temperatures average 76 degrees. Winter sees overnight lows that average -2. Spring and fall bring up to 27.6 inches of rain each year, which can turn Long Lake green and raise allergens that seniors with asthma struggle with.
- The cost of living in Eveleth is well below the national average. Common household costs in Eveleth are 21% below the national average, while seniors here typically pay 12% less for healthcare than seniors do nationwide.
Crime rates in Eveleth are almost exactly in line with the national average rates for towns this size. There is less than a 5% difference between overall crime rates in Eveleth and the national rate, though seniors are somewhat safer from violent crime in Eveleth. Violent crime rates are roughly 10% below the national average, while property crime rates are somewhat above the national figures.
- Public transportation in Eveleth is in the hands of Arrowhead Transit, which operates both rural ride and dial-a-ride services for seniors throughout the Arrowhead region of northeastern Minnesota. Seniors in Eveleth can catch a scheduled route from Virginia to Gilbert on regular workdays, and all company vehicles are equipped to serve riders with limited mobility.
- The Eveleth area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Essentia Health-Virginia Medical Arts Clinic, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Eveleth has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency, an organization that helps seniors organize their taxes and legal affairs, find social events and even operates a senior carnival once a year, as well as two senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Eveleth
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Eveleth start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Eveleth and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Eveleth
Seniors in Eveleth who need help with their monthly expenses can apply for aid through Minnesota's Supplemental Security Income (SSI), which helps qualifying seniors with a monthly stipend.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Eveleth
Eveleth and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Eveleth, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Eveleth
Eveleth-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.