2 Assisted Living Facilities in Ely, MN
Also serving communities of Tower.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Ely. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ely 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ely, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Ely, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ely
As a suburb of St. Louis, Ely is close to museums, shops and other attractions, but the town's 800 seniors can also enjoy scenic trails and beautiful waterways. Some of these aging citizens may require help with the activities of daily living, and they can choose from two assisted living facilities in Ely.
In Ely and throughout the state, these facilities are called housing with services establishments and are regulated by the Minnesota Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ely
- At 84.7, Ely's cost of living is 15% lower than the national baseline of 100 and more than 20% lower than the state average. This is driven by much lower housing costs. This is good news for family members moving to Ely to be closer to aging relatives.
- Seniors in Ely and all of Minnesota pay state income tax on all retirement income. This may be a consideration for seniors moving here from out of state.
- Winters are cold and snowy in Ely, which gets 63 inches of annual snowfall, more than twice the U.S. average, and has average January lows of -7 degrees. On average, the town has 179 sunny days each year compared to 205 days for the U.S. median. Seniors may want to ask whether the rooms have individual temperature controls and what activities are planned to keep seniors active in colder months.
- Both property and violent crime rates are much lower here than Minnesota as a whole. Ely's violent crime rate of 9.6 is less than half the U.S. average of 22.7; its property crime is 22.7, much lower than the national median of 35.4. This may help seniors feel confident while attending appointments in town.
- Based on measures by the EPA, Ely has an air quality of 74, much better than the national average of 58. This is good news for seniors looking for an area with cleaner air.
- The Ely area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Ely Bloomenson Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ely
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Ely start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ely and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ely
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ely
Ely and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ely, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ely
Ely-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Ely, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ely
Review of Spectrum Community Health
The facilities were always clean. Walks were maintained and free from obstacles, allowing the residents to freely move from place to place. The personal rooms were large and welcoming. There was... Read more