7 Assisted Living Facilities near Dassel, MN
Also serving communities of Darwin.
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Dassel area, with 2 in Dassel and 5 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Dassel. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Dassel 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Dassel, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Dassel, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Dassel
Dassel is a small family community near Lake Washington, a few miles south of St. Cloud and just at the edge of Minnesota's neatly trimmed farm belt. Just 23,000 people live in Meeker County, where Dassel is located, and nearly 20% of county residents are seniors aged 65 and over. The community operates three assisted living facilities within Dassel. These facilities are all licensed and inspected at the state level by the Minnesota Department of Health Facility Certification, Regulation and Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Dassel
- The weather in Dassel is warmer in summer than most Minnesota towns, with average daily highs of 83 degrees. Winter lows here average just 3 degrees overnight, while roughly 30 inches of rain falls in a typical year. This rain often raises the pollen and mold count from the vast green lands to the south and west of town, which may be an issue for some seniors with asthma.
- The cost of living in Dassel is about 13% lower across all categories of expenses than the typical national average. Seniors in Dassel pay roughly 14% less for healthcare than is common for seniors nationwide.
Crime rates in Dassel are close to the national average rates, although a bit lower in most categories. Seniors in Dassel are relatively safe from violent crime, which is 30% less common here than in similar-sized communities across the country. Property crime is more of an issue because rates of vandalism and theft tend to hover around 10% below the national average from one year to the next.
- Meeker County Public Transit handles most of the public ride service in Dassel. This is a state agency that operates Central Community Transit (CCT) in the town of Dassel itself. CCT offers a dedicated senior transit service for seniors aged 60 and over, which offers two free rides a week for personal reasons, or three rides a week for medical needs. Seniors who wish to apply can do so through the CCT website or by phone at (320) 235-8413.
- The Dassel area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Meeker Memorial Hospital & Clinics, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Dassel has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Lutheran Social Service, an organization that provides free meal service to local seniors, as well as one senior center.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Dassel
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Dassel start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Dassel and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Dassel
Seniors in Dassel who need help may be eligible for Minnesota's Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Dassel
Dassel and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Dassel, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Dassel
Dassel-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Dassel, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Dassel
Review of Lakeview Ranch Dassel
Great Facility for people with Alzheimer's. The people are well cared for and staff is excellent and well educated in caring for Alzheimer loved ones. Read more