22 Assisted Living Facilities near Danville, KY
There are 22 Assisted Living Facilities in the Danville area, with 4 in Danville and 18 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Danville is $2,075 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 81 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Danville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Danville 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Richmond with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Danville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Danville, KY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Danville
Danville, nicknamed "The Birthplace of Bluegrass," has been named one of the best places to retire in the United States by "Money" magazine. Seniors in Danville make up 18.1 percent of the population and have no shortage of assisted living homes to choose from should they be in need of daily living assistance. There are 17 assisted living facilities (ALFs) in the greater Danville area for seniors who are mostly independent but need some help with personal care, medication management, and activities of daily living. In Danville, and all of Kentucky, ALFs are regulated and licensed by the Kentucky Department for Aging and Independent Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Danville
- The Danville, Kentucky area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Located in south-central Kentucky, Danville has a temperate, if somewhat rainy, climate. The average high temperature in Danville in January is 41 degrees Fahrenheit and 86 degrees Fahrenheit in July, making Danville a pleasant place to live for seniors.
- Danville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Bluegrass Area Development District, an organization that offers meals, recreational programs and transportation to seniors, as well as a senior center.
- Danville is safer than 60 percent of U.S. cities, and its crime rate has decreased steadily over the past few years. Unlike many other Kentucky cities, crime is not a huge problem in Danville.
- U.S. highways 127 and 150 cross through Danville, making it easy for seniors with cars to get around the region. For public transportation, the Blue Grass Community Action Partnership provides scheduled, fixed bus service within Danville and nearby cities. There is no senior discount for this service, but veterans and disabled persons ride free. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, the Boyle County Senior Center offers free transportation to seniors to medical appointments and other non-emergency destinations, with advance notice.
- It's easy to find fun and interesting things to do in the Danville area. The city is home to the Pioneer Playhouse, Kentucky's oldest outdoor theater, as well as the Central Kentucky Wildlife Refuge, the Community Arts Center and the Ephraim McDowell House Museum.
Paying for Assisted Living in Danville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kentucky
Assisted Living costs in Danville start around $2,075 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Danville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Danville
Danville seniors who meet the eligibility requirements will find a number of government assistance programs to help them with the cost of assisted living, such as Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Danville
Danville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Danville, please visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Danville
Danville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kentucky are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Danville
Review of Parkview Manor ALC, Inc.
We moved our mother from a luxury senior living community in Lexington, KY to Parkview Manor in Danville, where we now live, after she needed more skilled care than an independent community could o... Read more
Review of McDowell Place of Danville
McDowell Place of Danville was very nice, but my aunt-in-law wasn't qualified because they didn't have enough to take care of her. The rooms were a little larger. They have activities. There were a... Read more
Review of Morning Pointe of Danville
Great visit and enjoyed a nice lunch. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I toured the building and liked the design of the building. The apartments are very nice and plenty of room. Read more