55 Assisted Living Facilities near Flowery Branch, GA
There are 55 Assisted Living Facilities in the Flowery Branch area, with 3 in Flowery Branch and 52 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Flowery Branch is $3,666 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Oakwood with an average starting cost of $2,887.
To help you with your search, browse the 206 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Flowery Branch. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Flowery Branch 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Flowery Branch, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Flowery Branch, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Flowery Branch
Located an hour northeast of Atlanta, Flowery Branch offers the atmosphere of a small-town community with convenience to big city amenities. This gives seniors who want to retire in the area plenty to see and do. For those who need assistance with everyday tasks, there are 50 assisted living facilities in the city and surrounding areas like Buford, Johns Creek and Oakwood. All are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Flowery Branch
- Seniors on a budget may find it slightly challenging when paying for bills and other necessities in Flowery Branch due to the cost of living index of 105.7. This is slightly higher than the state and the national average of 100.
- Flowery Branch experiences extremely hot and humid summers with average highs around 88. This may make it hard for seniors who enjoy the outdoors to get out and explore. Winters are short and mild with average January lows around 31.
- Seniors can feel safe when living in assisted living facilities in Flowery Branch due to the low overall rate of crime. The city has a crime rate that is 35 percent lower than the national average.
- The Hall County Area Transit Bus Service provides scheduled routes and special transportation for seniors in Flowery Branch. Seniors may enjoy rides to and from medical appointments, shopping and errands at discounted costs.
- The Flowery Branch area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Northeast Georgia Health System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors may find they have more money left over during tax time in Flowery Branch due to the lack of state income tax on Social Security Income benefits (SSI). The state also offers a $65,000 per person deduction on all types of retirement incomes. There is also no inheritance tax or estate tax.
Paying for Assisted Living in Flowery Branch
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Flowery Branch start around $2,833 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Flowery Branch and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Flowery Branch
In Georgia, there are two Medicaid waivers that pay for assisted living costs — except room and board. These include the Community Care Services Program and the Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment. Family supplementation may be used for room and board costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Flowery Branch
Flowery Branch and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Flowery Branch, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Flowery Branch
Flowery Branch-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Flowery Branch
Review of Watermark Senior Living I
We are very pleased with Watermark Personal care home in Flowery Branch where our stepmom resides, especially since they acquired this facility this year. The owners are caring and communicate well... Read more