The 3 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Snowflake, AZ for 2023
Also serving communities of Lakeside, Vernon.
To help you with your search, browse the 9 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Snowflake. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Snowflake 3.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Snowflake, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Snowflake, AZ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Snowflake
The surprisingly named town of Snowflake, situated just north of the White Mountains and about a three-hour drive away from Phoenix, is a quiet, charming haven for its estimated 5,753 residents. About 14.8 percent of them are seniors 65 years of age or older. For those who are considering assisted living, there are two assisted living communities available in Snowflake. Across Arizona, they are known as assisted living facilities and licensed by the Division of Licensing Services, Office of Assisted Living Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Snowflake
- Seniors who are outdoor enthusiasts may appreciate Snowflake's climate, which boasts a comfort index of 74 out of 100, meaning that it has many days in the 70s, little humidity and is more comfortable than most cities in the U.S. Contrary to its name, Snowflake usually has mild winters with an average of only 14 inches of snow each year.
- When it comes to possible destinations for senior trips, Snowflake and surrounding areas don't disappoint. Local points of interest include the Snowflake Temple, Stinson Pioneer Museum, the Snowflake Community Golf Course and hundreds of historic homes.
- The Snowflake area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Summit Healthcare Snowflake Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Regarding tax laws, the news for seniors living in Snowflake is mixed. Social Security retirement benefits are exempt and, compared to other states, Arizona has a relatively low personal income tax rate. However, all other kinds of retirement income, including pension withdrawals, are taxable and sales taxes are relatively high.
- With a cost of living that is 7.3 percent below the national average and 19 percent below the Arizona state average, Snowflake may be a good bargain for seniors.
- Snowflake has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Northern Arizona Council Of Governments, an organization that provides information on services and supports for older adults as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Snowflake
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Snowflake start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Snowflake and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Snowflake
Low-income seniors who are concerned about the cost of assisted living services may be able to get assistance through the Arizona Long-Term Care System (ALTCS) program. Seniors must apply for the program and if they meet all of its criteria, then they will receive benefits.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Snowflake
Snowflake and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Snowflake, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Snowflake
Snowflake-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Snowflake
Review of BeeHive Homes of Snowflake
The staff are very friendly. I have family in this home.the clients are treated very. It is clean also. They seem to have a few activities for the residents,although I didnt personly see any Read more
Review of BeeHive Homes of Snowflake
I've chosen BeeHive Homes of Snowflake for my father because they had room available. My mother is there and her husband, and they liked it very well. She said they were treated very well and very ... Read more
Review of Webb's Adult Care Home
Not a very nice experience, every time I went to visit our loved one, we had to harass the workers to change her. She had unexplained cuts and bruises, and they put the broken mirror closet door b... Read more