Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community

Reviews of Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community

September 17, 2014

By Geriatric Care Mgr

As a geriatric care manager, I am responsible for ensuring the highest quality of care to the families I represent. When a family member needs care, be it long term skilled care or short term nursing and rehabilitation, I always recommend Pueblo Norte. From my professional and personal perspective, the staff is exceptional in constantly providing personalized care. Regarding staff, longevity is a key component when determining placement. Pueblo Norte exceeds my expectations. Professional, accountable, caring and compassionate.

February 28, 2014

By AngelE

Pueblo Norte Senior Living was more like an apartment complex. When we had our tour there, they were having a birthday party for someone who had just turned 90 and they were having a wonderful time. The residents seemed quite happy. I don’t remember seeing any employees there. The place was very spread out and we had to get around with a golf cart. The facility would not work for my mother because the apartments were setup for people who are ambulatory and they did not allow wheelchairs into the dining room.

July 26, 2013

By Diana16

My mom was in the rehab section which was a smaller version of the skilled nursing of Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community for two and a half weeks. Pueblo Norte had a retirement section which was very nice and you could move from that retirement section into skilled nursing and they also had a separate section strictly for rehab and physical therapy and that section was extremely nice. The rehab section was a very clean place. It was beautiful and it looked like a hotel. The staff was very good. I would definitely recommend Pueblo Norte especially that rehab section.

July 26, 2011

By jiggs16

Other

This facility has assisted living, independent living, and skilled nursing. The location is good. It's on a large property and it's somewhat secluded with quiet streets. There's lots of parking and a lot of patios. They have a pool and shuffleboard courts, plus plenty of places to sit outside. They have gardens and walkways as well. The common areas inside are very clean, neat, and bright. They're not gaudy like at some of the other facilities, but they're clean and comfortable. They have a TV room, but no real library or computer room. Residents' rooms are nice, spacious, and clean. Residents can bring whatever they want to decorate the room. The staff is very nice and pleasant. If they can't help a resident with something, they'll find someone who will. They have great activities and good food. They do a lot of holiday celebrations. The residents can help decorate the assisted living facility and the skilled nursing facility for holidays. They really try to get residents doing whatever they want to do, whether that's movie nights or cards, etc. They really try to help the residents stay mentally and physically active with their activities. This facility is a really excellent place.

Nursing Home Reviews for Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community

November 25, 2016

By Carol475742

We liked the apartment at Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community. It had a casita or a villa, which was very nice. Everything was spread out in the 20-acre property. From the unit that we were interested in, we would have to drive to the main house to go to the dining room, which seemed to be very small. The coffee shop was also very small with only about three tables, but the grounds were very nice with a big pool and a small spa fitness center. The staff who assisted us was a very pleasant and nice lady.

July 08, 2016

We also visited Pueblo Norte. It was a nice community, but it was a little bit smaller and did not have as many people there. They had a lot of activities and so forth. They did a good job, but we were disappointed that they had such a smaller base. However, the staff was very helpful.

January 15, 2016

By Happy Daughter8

Pueblo Norte is a very nice progressive retirement community with independent living to assisted living to full care, if needed. My parents are in a two-bedroom independent living apartment, so they are still providing all of their daily care. They receive one meal a day, have transportation to medical appointments, and are offered quite a few extra activities they're able to take advantage of, like physical offerings and fitness programs and other recreational things. It’s been great so far; everybody is very friendly.

November 30, 2015

Pueblo Norte had various facilities as well as exercise and a swimming pool, but they only had one dining room and it served buffet style. When you go to a buffet, it becomes quite messy, and for that reason I have to give it a low rating. The staff was very good. The rooms were acceptable. The place was large, and it's been there a long time, so I don't know why they don't have other types of facilities for feeding the people because it's normally crowded. They dining area was small.

October 23, 2015

By Andrew24

Peublo Norte was a little outdated. It wasn’t very memorable, but the environment was nice and the staff was good.

August 22, 2015

By Margaret112273550

I went to Pueblo Norte Senior Living, and I liked it very much except for one thing -- you walk quite a distance to get to the dining room. I liked the fact that it was very open. It was older, but it was well kept. The people were very nice. They had lots of activities going on. They had a nice dining room, and they were in the process of redoing the kitchen when I was there.

May 31, 2015

Pueblo Norte very nice. It was exactly the house we were looking for in Fountain Hills for years, but it was a part of the senior living community, and that's what we liked. It was fine place. In fact, I was happy to say we would go there. My husband wasn't as thrilled, but it would have done; it's just that the place we chose really fit our bill.

May 12, 2014

By Tiger B

I was able to visit Pueblo Norte several times. They have a very nice, big two-bedroom apartments and two baths. I think they can improve their kitchen. I saw a stove that I haven’t seen since I was a kid. I am a cook, and I think they need to improve their appliances. I would not cook in that kitchen at all; it was awful. Its right near Mayo Clinic, and that is kind of an advantage. The staff are very nice.

March 21, 2014

By Lori24

Pueblo Norte is very clean and very maintained. My friend has an open air outside of her apartment instead of having to go in a hallway like a closed in hotel environment which she didn't like at her stage. She also had a private balcony patio. The staff is very nice and very pleasant. There was a nice welcoming committee of residents that tried to make her feel comfortable. She has a housekeeper that comes in at night. One of the things she liked about the facility was she can take just one meal a day, and she actually takes them 15 days a month instead of 30 to cut the price back also. So she can eat in her apartment or we take her out or bring her to our house. She's not paying her meals that she's not using. We've had meals there and they had been very good. She has told me that some of the meals she likes better than others. But the food is always very fresh, nice variety, and on special occasions I think the food is superior. Every day I think it is very good with a nice variety. They have different variations of salads so it's not the same thing every day. They have different desserts every day and fruits on dessert table. They also have exercise class in varying levels, they have swimming, Bridge, Canasta, different programs at night, holiday programs, singing, guest speakers, and different entertainment that comes in periodically. The apartment itself is very nice and superior to any of the other ones we looked at. It's one of the lesser priced ones that had better and spacious accommodations. The residents that were there were more at similar to her rather than drooling and wearing bibs. That kind of turned me off at a couple other places.

February 26, 2014

By Bill B.

The one thing I like about Pueblo Norte is the size of the campus. It’s wide, plenty of room to walk around. It is independent plus assisted eventually. Nothing special that struck us that was going on. It was fairly early in the morning. I liked the option to either be in kind of apartment setting or what they call their villa setting. They discussed more like duplexes spread around the campus. What impressed me that the place is relatively old by current standards but very well kept. I thought the 2-bedroom facilities were roomy. I expected less room but I noticed plenty of room. My wife would rate it no higher than a 3. Part of the reason is there was not enough activity going on. She had hoped to meet more people.

February 24, 2014

I took a tour at Pueblo Norte in Scottsdale and I saw everything that I needed to see. I was really impressed with the facility. It's very nice and very well maintained. I like the layout of the villas. I also like that they give you a choice between lunch and dinner because I don’t like to go out three times a day. The meals were very good. There are a lot of activities that I may be interested in. The staff who took me around was very nice. I would put this facility on top of my list.

January 31, 2014

By LovelyLady00000145

Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community is an old facility. Sanitation of the place was fine. The rooms were okay – clean and well maintained. But it's difficult because your car is far from your accommodation. I wasn't interested with it.

June 22, 2012

By christinecari

This is quite a good facility located in a nice part of Scottsdale, AZ. It was originally built as a religious retreat, which explains the hotel ambiance of the independent living apartments, and its spacious grounds.The best aspect of Pueblo Norte is its knack for hiring good, skillful, caring workers. It offers four levels of service: independent living, assisted living, health care, and hospice. Independent Living is basically an apartment where you receive 1 or 2 meals per day, and medical help if you need it. Assisted Living offers a large or a small room in a facility where a nurse is available on call. Health Care is like a hospital where most services are done by nurses. Hospice, of course, is for those who are closer to death.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (13) See fewer reviews

Affiliations

• Affiliations Extra: N/A

• Staff Patient Ratio: Above State Minimum

About Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community

Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community offers compassionate senior care in Scottsdale, AZ. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Scottsdale, AZ.

Map of Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community