Can Medicare part B pay my lab bill retroactively?

Poin asked...

my doctor requested for me to have some blood tests done. my medicare part a does not cover these tests. can medicare part b pay these bill retrocatively. i donot have part b until july.

Medicare Part B will not cover any medical costs that were incurred before you were enrolled in it, so if you had these tests before you were enrolled in Part B, Medicare will not pay for any part of their cost. If you have tests after you are enrolled, though, it does not matter when the doctor ordered them or when you had the condition that required the tests, as long as the actual tests were not performed until you were enrolled. So, if it is possible -- meaning medically advisable -- for you to delay any tests until after you are officially enrolled in Medicare Part B, doing so will allow you to get Medicare coverage for them.