I visited Clement Manor, along with my Mother, to check it out and see if it was a good match or a suitable facility for my step-dad to live in. He had been back and forth to the hospital and needed more care than my Mother could give him. He had been having dizzy spells and falling down all the time and when he fell, my Mother was unable to help him get up and she had to call 911 each time. He, ultimately, suffered a stroke and was hospitalized. When they were ready to release him, we had to find a place for him to go. We were very pleased with Clement Manor, at first. The staff was friendly and greeted us with welcome arms. We were given a complete tour of the facility, including the dining room. I noticed a worker yelling at a resident and waving a tray in front of her face. I thought it odd but didn't make much of it as were just walking through. The resident may have been unruly but to that extreme! These were very elderly people whom some could not even feed themselves and had food all over their chins and chests. Again, I didn't make too much of it due to the fact that my step-dad would be bedridden and I had thought or hoped he would be treated with a one-on-one in his room and wouldn't be in the dining room. This facility was within walking distance from where he and my Mother had lived and made it easy for my Mother to go and see him on a daily basis.We did choose this facility and he did get his own room. He was put on a very strict diet and limited fluids as he was diabetic and recovering from his stroke. We had gone to visit him several times and each time, found smelly laundry carts right outside each door so the halls now reeked of urine. That was pretty foul and disgusting to say the least. That was nothing compared to what happened in the coming days. As I had mentioned, he was limited to fluids for fear his lungs were filling up. We walked in one day and found not 1 or 2 but 3 drinks sitting in front of him on a tray! Water, coffee and milk! This was not authorized and apparently nobody read his limitations written right above his head. Limited fluids! That night my Mother received a call from the facility stating that he had suffered a severe heart attack and was rushed back to the hospital. She called me and we rushed to pick her up and get her to him as quickly as possible. About 4 hours later he was pronounced dead. We were in shock! He, ultimately, drowned in his own fluids we were told. His lungs filled up and about exploded. It was very traumatic. I wanted to sue this facility but my Mother said it would be too much for her to undergo as she was experiencing health problems herself. She had to move out of the area so as to not see that awful place where she lost her husband and my step-dad. Shame on workers for not paying attention to detail. All I can think of is, what would have happened to him if we had not chosen Clement Manor? Thank you.