Heartland of Clarksburg

Reviews of Heartland of Clarksburg

Nursing Home Reviews for Heartland of Clarksburg

December 06, 2017

By livi

This is an awesome facility.... I couldn't have found a better place for my mother!!!

January 08, 2016

By Linda R1

My aunt has been in the River Oaks for around three years now. She fractured her back, and then after she moved in there, she broke her hip, and fell again and broke some fingers on her hand. We last visited in July. They try to take pretty good care of her. She’s very difficult some days. She wants to go home, but she doesn’t have a home to go to. She said the food is OK. When I’m there, I take her out shopping. My cousin Linda lives five minutes away right down the road, so she goes almost every day or every other day to visit and take care of her clothes. The location is an advantage. My aunt’s room is nice with beautiful, big windows. Somebody hung a bird feeder outside her window, so she watches the birds. She shares the room with others who come and go because they’re there for rehab, so she has a different roommate every couple of months or so. It’s a beautiful place with a lot of trees in a park-like setting set back in the mountains. They have a gazebo and a nice front porch. It’s a really pretty place from the outside, though the inside looks like any other hospital setting with tile floors that remind me of a hospital. They have little things going on there like church every Sunday in this big room where families could visit and have lunch. They’re very secure there; you have to know the codes to get in and out. They assigned a doctor for my aunt, but we didn’t like him because he used to be my uncle’s doctor. He gave my uncle the wrong medication, the wrong care, and didn’t follow all the signs and symptoms. We tried to switch doctors but couldn’t, so my cousin is all over him for everything. Other than that, they do try really hard to make everybody comfortable. You can see the changes they are doing; they painted the place and put in new things.

Services and Amenities of Heartland of Clarksburg

About Heartland of Clarksburg

Heartland of Clarksburg is a senior living provider in Clarksburg, West Virginia that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact Heartland of Clarksburg for more details on services and rates.

Map of Heartland of Clarksburg