6 Assisted Living Facilities near Fairmont, WV
Also serving communities of Worthington.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fairmont area, with 3 in Fairmont and 3 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 13 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fairmont. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fairmont 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Grafton with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fairmont, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Fairmont, WV
3 Assisted Living Facilities near Fairmont, WV
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fairmont West
Fairmont, a city located in Marion County, West Virginia, is home to a range of attractions for seniors, including the Marion County Historical Museum, Heston Farm Winery and Pricketts Fort Memorial Foundation. In addition, there are three local assisted living facilities, as well as 10 more in nearby locations. Seniors who live a more mobile, independent lifestyle may want to seek a community licensed as a residential care community, while those needing more daily assistance may prefer a facility licensed as an assisted living residence. Each receives its license and regulatory compliances from the Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR), Office of Health Facilities Licensure and Certification (OHFLAC).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fairmont West
- Compared to the state's average cost of living index of 83, Fairmont residents have a higher cost of living with a rating of 90. Expenses are still cheaper than the national average of 100, making it more affordable for low-income seniors. Seniors pay less on groceries, health care services and housing than others nationwide.
- Safety could be an issue for a senior considering assisted living care in Fairmont, with higher violent crime rates by 12 percent nationwide and 26 percent statewide. As such, this city is only considered 25 percent safer than in other neighborhoods in the country.
- Fairmont residents experience cold-to-mild winters with temperatures averaging between 24 degrees Fahrenheit and 48 degrees Fahrenheit. The winter averages three months, whereas summers span 3.6 months or 20 percent longer and averages temperatures between 55 degrees Fahrenheit and 84 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The air quality index is 633 percent worse than the national average and ranked in two categories for the top ten worse air pollutants by the American Lung Association (ALA). Seniors who manage respiratory illnesses may find it difficult to breathe here and may reconsider living in the area for health concerns.
- Locals living in Fairmont have the option to board the local bus provided by Fairmont-Marion County Transit Authority for transportation around the city. Even better, seniors can get a hefty discount on fares through the senior citizen ticket program.
- The Fairmont area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Fairmont Regional Medical Center, United Summit Center and Valley Healthcare System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fairmont West
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in West Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Fairmont start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fairmont and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fairmont West
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fairmont West
Fairmont West and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fairmont West, please visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fairmont West
Fairmont West-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in West Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Fairmont, WV
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fairmont
Review of Pierpont Center at Fairmont Campus
wishing well is a fairly decent place for older people to stay in. however nothing comes close to home life. the staff are pretty friendly and helpfull with solving problems. also the staff takes c... Read more
Review of Pierpont Center at Fairmont Campus
My grnadmother has been staying at Wishing Well Assisted Living for five years now, and I can honestly say that our entire family has been delighted by the care she recieves. She has always been wi... Read more
Review of Fitzwaters Assisted Living & Personal Care
I have had the pleasure of visiting this facility on several occasions. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It is a very pleasant atmosphere for the residents living there. They treat the re... Read more