7 Assisted Living Facilities near Fairmont, WV
Also serving communities of Worthington.
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fairmont area, with 3 in Fairmont and 4 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 13 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fairmont. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fairmont 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Grafton with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fairmont, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Fairmont, WV
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fairmont
At the confluence of the Tygart Valley River and the West Fork River sits Fairmont, West Virginia, a small city of about 18,400 residents. More than 17% of the city's population is aged 65 or older, and a number of senior citizens in the area require assisted living care. Those who do can choose from six assisted living facilities in the Fairmont area; three of which are in Fairmont itself.
In Fairmont, and throughout West Virginia, two levels of assisted living facilities are licensed by the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources: assisted living residences and residential care communities. Both provide a similar level of care, but those who reside in residential care facilities must be capable of evacuating the facility unassisted in the event of an emergency.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fairmont
- The air quality in Fairmont and throughout Marion County has received a passing grade on 24-hour particle pollution from the American Lung Association, which indicates that senior citizens and other vulnerable residents don't need to be concerned about negative health effects that result from breathing the air.
- Fairmont is home to world-class healthcare facilities, including Fairmont Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors in Fairmont can travel safely throughout the city via the Fairmont-Marion County Transit Authority, which offers reduced fares for senior citizens.
- The property crime rate in Fairmont is slightly higher than the state median. In Fairmont, an average of 21.55 property crimes per 1,000 residents occurs each year. It's a good idea for seniors to discuss security when touring assisted living facilities in the city.
- Seniors who are on a tight budget may benefit from living in Fairmont, where the overall cost of living is nearly 20% below that of the average U.S. city.
- Senior citizens who enjoy spending time outdoors may be disappointed to learn that Fairmont's precipitation levels are higher than the national average. The city gets 47 inches of rain and 31 inches of snow on average each year, which is high when compared with the U.S. mean of 38 inches of rain and 28 inches of snow.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fairmont
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in West Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Fairmont start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fairmont and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fairmont
There aren't any Medicaid waivers or other state-funded financial assistance programs that are available in West Virginia to help Fairmont's seniors pay for the cost of assisted living. However, the state does provide those with special needs with a monthly cash benefit known as the state assistance payment.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fairmont
Fairmont and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fairmont, please visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fairmont
Fairmont-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in West Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Fairmont, WV
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fairmont
Review of Pierpont Center at Fairmont Campus
wishing well is a fairly decent place for older people to stay in. however nothing comes close to home life. the staff are pretty friendly and helpfull with solving problems. also the staff takes c... Read more
Review of Pierpont Center at Fairmont Campus
My grnadmother has been staying at Wishing Well Assisted Living for five years now, and I can honestly say that our entire family has been delighted by the care she recieves. She has always been wi... Read more
Review of Fitzwaters Assisted Living & Personal Care
I have had the pleasure of visiting this facility on several occasions. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It is a very pleasant atmosphere for the residents living there. They treat the re... Read more