5 Assisted Living Facilities near Waynesburg, PA
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Waynesburg area, with 3 in Waynesburg and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Waynesburg is $2,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Waynesburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Waynesburg 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Monongahela with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Waynesburg, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Waynesburg, PA
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Waynesburg, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Waynesburg
The borough of Waynesburg is located in Greene County, Pennsylvania, and is home to several parks, including Monument Park, where seniors can view a 65-foot "Soldiers and Sailors" monument. The borough has roughly 4,000 residents, with about one in 10 being 65 or older.
There are five assisted living facilities in the Waynesburg area, including three in the city proper and two more in nearby Clarksville. In Pennsylvania, assisted living facilities may also be called assisted living residences or personal care homes, depending on the population they serve. Assisted living residences are licensed through the Department of Aging, and personal care homes are licensed through the Department of Public Welfare.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Waynesburg
- Waynesburg seniors do not pay state income tax on Social Security benefits or withdrawals from retirement accounts, and those who are 60 and over do not pay state income tax on pension income.
- The air quality in Waynesburg is fair, which may make the borough a good option for seniors with health conditions like COPD and heart disease. The American Lung Association gives Greene County a C for ozone pollution levels.
- On a 100-point crime index, safety in Waynesburg is rated 24, meaning that the borough is safer than 24% of cities of all sizes across the nation. Additionally, its crime rate is lower than 14% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes. When compared only to similarly sized communities in the nation, its overall crime rate is a little higher than average. Seniors may want to find an assisted living facility that uses security features like high-security locks and alarm systems.
- The Waynesburg area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Washington Health System Greene, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Summers in Waynesburg are warm and partly cloudy with July highs around 83 degrees. Winters are cold with January lows around 22 degrees. Waynesburg's climate may be well-suited for seniors who are sensitive to hot weather.
- The overall cost of living in Waynesburg is about 20% below the U.S. average, which may appeal to seniors living on fixed incomes. Although groceries cost about 7% more in this borough than in the nation as a whole, this may be offset by the relatively affordable healthcare, which comes in about 7% below the national average.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Waynesburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Waynesburg start around $2,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Waynesburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Waynesburg
Pennsylvania does not cover assisted living through the state Medicaid program or through any waivers, but low-income seniors in Waynesburg who qualify for Supplemental Security Income can use this benefit to cover for their care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Waynesburg
Waynesburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Waynesburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Waynesburg
Waynesburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Waynesburg, PA
Other Options in Waynesburg, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Waynesburg
Review of Personal Care at Evergreen, Inc
Personal Care at Evergreen was a smaller facility where there was some genuine care for each person without making it feel like they were in a dormitory. The first person that I spoke with showed m... Read more
Review of Personal Care at Evergreen, Inc
My first experience with Evergreen was in 2008 when my mother was declining and was unable to care for herself. We admitted her to Evergreen, sadly, against her wishes. The administrator and staff ... Read more
Review of Ewing Manor
I VISITED MY BROTHER IN THIS PLACE. HE IS ON A WALKER AND OXYGEN AND HE WAS PUT IN A PRIVATE ROOM UPSTAIRS WHERE HE HAS TO WALK UP TWO FLIGHTS OF STAIRS AND CARRY HIS WALKER WITH HIM.THERE IS SOMEO... Read more