5 Assisted Living Facilities near Waynesburg, PA
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Waynesburg area, with 3 in Waynesburg and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Waynesburg is $2,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Waynesburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Waynesburg 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Monongahela with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Waynesburg, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Waynesburg, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Waynesburg
Waynesburg, named for one of George Washington's top lieutenants in the Revolutionary War, is a borough in western Pennsylvania that's home to more than 4,000 people. Residents aged 65 and over make up 11.5% of this population. Daily assistance is available for some of these seniors at the three assisted living facilities located within the community and two additional facilities nearby.
These facilities in Waynesburg and other parts of Pennsylvania, officially recognized as assisted living residences (ALR), are licensed by the Department of Aging, Office of Long Term Living. Some ALRs have special care units (SCUs) to help residents with cognitive impairments.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Waynesburg
- Greene County, where Waynesburg is located, gets a grade of C for ozone pollution from the American Lung Association. Seniors may want to check the daily air quality as ozone can damage the circulatory and respiratory system.
- Seniors who enjoy going outdoors during sunny weather may not like that Waynesburg only gets 164 sunny days per year on average. This is 41 days less than the national average. Temperatures in winter can get very cold.
- Waynesburg hosts cultural events throughout the year that many seniors in the area enjoy. The Rain Day Festival is the borough's most popular event and has been going on for more than 100 years. There's also a Sheep and Fiber Festival and '50s Festival & Car Cruise.
- Families can expect to find affordable assisted living options in Waynesburg. The town has an overall cost of living rating that's 21 points lower than the national average and 31.3 points below the state average.
- For residents of Waynesburg aged 60 and over, there is no Pennsylvania state tax for any retirement income. This includes Social Security, retirement investments, and private and public pensions.
- The Waynesburg area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Washington Health System Greene, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Waynesburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Waynesburg start around $2,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Waynesburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Waynesburg
Financial aid may be available for some seniors in Waynesburg that need help paying for room and board at qualifying assisted living residences. This funding is delivered through Pennsylvania's Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Waynesburg
Waynesburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Waynesburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Waynesburg
Waynesburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Waynesburg, PA
Other Options in Waynesburg, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Waynesburg
Review of Personal Care at Evergreen, Inc
Personal Care at Evergreen was a smaller facility where there was some genuine care for each person without making it feel like they were in a dormitory. The first person that I spoke with showed m... Read more
Review of Personal Care at Evergreen, Inc
My first experience with Evergreen was in 2008 when my mother was declining and was unable to care for herself. We admitted her to Evergreen, sadly, against her wishes. The administrator and staff ... Read more
Review of Ewing Manor
I VISITED MY BROTHER IN THIS PLACE. HE IS ON A WALKER AND OXYGEN AND HE WAS PUT IN A PRIVATE ROOM UPSTAIRS WHERE HE HAS TO WALK UP TWO FLIGHTS OF STAIRS AND CARRY HIS WALKER WITH HIM.THERE IS SOMEO... Read more