10 Assisted Living Facilities near Bridgeport, WV
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bridgeport area, with 2 in Bridgeport and 8 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Bridgeport is $3,465 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Grafton with an average starting cost of $2,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 24 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bridgeport. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bridgeport 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Grafton with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bridgeport, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Bridgeport, WV
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bridgeport West
The town of Bridgeport is nestled in Harrison County, West Virginia and is home to a small residential population of 8,364. Almost half of the community is aged 45 and older. There is one local assisted living facility in Bridgeport, and nine others in nearby cities. The Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR), Office of Health Facilities Licensure and Certification (OHFLAC) oversees all licenses, renewals and regulatory compliances at each facility.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bridgeport West
- Bridgeport residents have a higher cost of living when compared to both the state and national averages, primarily due to housing costs. Seniors typically pay less than the national average for groceries, health care services, utilities and miscellaneous goods.
- The city of Bridgeport has crime rates that total higher than 88 percent of other cities in the state. However, the city's crime rate is still 1 percent lower than the national average, making it safer than 45 percent of the cities in the United States. This might allow seniors to rest easier at night.
- Seniors who live in Bridgeport experience warm, slightly muggy summer temperatures that average 54 degrees Fahrenheit to 83 degrees Fahrenheit between the end of May and mid-September. However, the winter season sees average temperatures between 24 degrees Fahrenheit and 49 degrees Fahrenheit, which may be difficult for seniors with conditions aggravated by cold weather.
- Locals who have respiratory or allergy problems find it easier to breathe in Bridgeport which, when compared to the national averages, has a better pollution index by 93 percent and air quality index by 31 percent.
- Seniors living on Social Security income with a supplement from a pension or retirement account may qualify for a tax deductible. However, those with significant retirement income may face higher income taxes living in the state.
- The Bridgeport area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the United Hospital Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bridgeport West
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in West Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Bridgeport start around $3,465 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bridgeport and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bridgeport West
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bridgeport West
Bridgeport West and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bridgeport West, please visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bridgeport West
Bridgeport West-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in West Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Bridgeport, WV
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bridgeport
Review of Elmcroft of Maplewood
My mother moved into Elmcroft of Maplewood. We chose it for the price. The staff seems very good, and she seems to like the food. They have bingo, a beauty parlor, and a manicure facility there. Ri... Read more
Review of Harmony at White Oaks
I toured Harmony at White Oaks. It's very nice, and we did a walk through on it. The room was pretty much the same as the other place. It's a brand new facility, and it's very nicely located. The p... Read more
Review of Elmcroft of Maplewood
My mom's experience at Elmcroft of Maplewood has been good. The place is clean. The staff is very pleasant and do a good job. My mom's room is clean and roomy. The food's pretty decent and the dini... Read more