Chisholm Place

Reviews of Chisholm Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Chisholm Place

March 09, 2021

By Michael

Chisholm Place was the only place we toured. We would probably not send anybody there. They took my father-in-law in there, he lasted 12 hours in there, got agitated, he wasn't gonna stay there, and so we had to take him back. That wasn't the facility's fault, but they collected over $5000 from us for the first month's rent, and their activity fees and they weren't gonna reimburse any of that money. The rooms were clean, I don't have any complaints about the rooms, I wasn't involved in getting him in there, but I personally think that the staff did a poor job of evaluating him for being eligible to be in assisted living. The part where we were in was pretty good, and it didn't smell.

September 16, 2020

By CW

My mother is at Chisholm Place. Everything's good, they provide excellent care, and there's a caring staff. I have no problems with it. She's enjoying it. She said the food is great. They're feeding her too much, and it's good food. She's very active and goes to all the activities they can do during the shutdown. Her room is adequate, and it's big enough for her. It's about probably 400 to 500 square feet. Right now, everything's kind of slowed down because of COVID.

July 11, 2013

By Kim20

It was a smaller facility with 44 units, six one bedroom apartments and the rest were single rooms. I chose it because of the secure feature they had which was important because my mom had Alzheimer's. If she wandered or got upset, she would not be able to get out because of the secured lock-in. She had a courtyard just off her bedroom which she looked out over and walked around anytime she pleased. I loved the staff and my mom did too. Since it was a smaller unit, it was more one on one. She had access to staff members 24 hours a day. I liked that they got all the residents involved on the daily activities. They made sure they got involved if they wanted to. I would suggest they improve on the communication with the family. We had a couple of instances that were pretty important that I thought we should have had a heads up on. Though they handled it and did not do anything wrong, it would have been nice to know. Still, I would recommend this facility to others.

Questions about Chisholm Place

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Chisholm Place. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of residents in AL is 85. Women tend to outnumber men 3 to 1. Favorite activities include Bingo, cards, crafts and musical entertainment.

What programs or activities does Chisholm Place offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our intimate communities allow us to tailor programs to the interests and abilities of our individual residents.

What transportation services does Chisholm Place offer to assisted living residents?

Scheduled transportation is offered to AL residents.

What makes the chef or dining program at Chisholm Place exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We serve a variety of options at every meal, with table service for breakfast, lunch and dinner, seven days per week. Our menu is chef prepared and dietician supervised.

What safety features or security measures does Chisholm Place offer to assisted living residents?

Each of our communities has a secured front entrance and visitors must sign in and out each time they enter and exit the community.

How does Chisholm Place keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Each of our communities has a monthly newsletter which is shared with residents and their family members. Our dedicated staff is always available to visit with you about your loved ones.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Chisholm Place during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our staffing is based upon the individual care needs or our residents as well as the current number of residents. Staffing will vary based upon these ratios.

If Chisholm Place accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Our communities are pet-friendly with enclosed courtyards for our furry friends.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff receives monthly in-service trainings at the community level as well as mandatory monthly online training courses.

What safety features or security measures does Chisholm Place provide to protect residents who wander?

Out egress doors are alarm activated.

Costs for Chisholm Place

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

• Get Costs

About Chisholm Place

At Chisholm Place, our senior living community, we provide quality care through compassionate teamwork. We develop individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident, and a full-time registered nurse is available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. We welcome pets and encourage our residents flourish in mind and body by offering a variety of stimulating activities, such as yoga, church services, tai chi, bingo, arts and crafts, movie nights, and walking club. Contact us to learn more about our Abilene assisted living community today.

Map of Chisholm Place