TidePointe, a Vi Community

Reviews of TidePointe, a Vi Community

Assisted Living Reviews for TidePointe, a Vi Community

May 27, 2014

By Nbrown1

I ate at TidePointe, and the food was good. One of the residents said he enjoyed the place. The dining facilities were very attractive, and the waiters were very helpful and civilly cheerful. They had a library and computer room, and they looked comfortable and good. The outdoor area was comfortable: they had a nice setting, and people were sitting outside, resting, and enjoying the weather. The residents looked well cared for. They had a bus that takes them to medical appointments and shopping.

September 19, 2012

By granddaughter29928

Tide Point is a very well kept community. All residents must declare that they are independent before being admitted. Support staff is available to help with cleaning and laundry in the apartments, so you can be assured that the residences are regularly checked-up on. The staff is certainly professional and warm and the apartments have beautiful views of the marsh.

April 20, 2012

By Marnie100

If this is an affordable option then it is the only place to be. My parents have lived there for six years and there has never been one problem. The nurse who is available 24/7 insisted on calling an ambulance when my mother was dizzy. My mother was going to lie down and take a nap for the dizziness. The nurse prevented a stroke from happening. The surroundings are beautiful and the staff are very kind professional people. Both of my parents have come from hospital to the on site aftercare unit until they go home again. The spouse has a convenient walk to the unit to dine with their spouse in a beautiful atmosphere, and believe it or not, a piano playing during dinner. It has a full bar as well as church services. My parents purchased their condo or their are homes as well. It has everything. Not to be obnoxious but is is for those who have had a background of financial success or their children can afford to provide this facility. Therefore there are other residents who have similiar interests. They are more likely to have intellectual activities. Each holiday is celebrated with a big party atmosphere of decorations and food appropriate for the occasion. It has been the greatest place for our family and worth the price.

June 10, 2011

By Kathy Deringer

Visited this facility

I have visited Tide Point twice. Once was before renovations, and the second was after. Each time, it was definitely the hallmark of Assisted Livings. You are greeted at the door by a very polished and professional Administrator, who not only impressed me with her elegance, but mainly with her genuine care. This is the place to be for the person that wants luxury in every detail. The tables are covered with fine linens, the decor is posh, and the grounds remind me of a resort I stayed at while in Disney World. While walking, the Chef interrupted us to offer me some freshly homemade ice cream he was carrying. Of course I said yes! It was delicious too. They have an abundance of activities, private dining salons, beauty salons, a very dark-wood and upscale lounge, etc. She let me know that they plan many social hours and events to keep everyone engaged and content. This is on the high end as far as price, but it is on the loveliest part of Hilton Head Island, where it seems to be the norm. I would personally move in here in a heartbeat!

Nursing Home Reviews for TidePointe, a Vi Community

September 28, 2017

By Lorraine B.

My mother was at Broad Creek for five weeks. The place was beautiful. Everything was fine. The food was good. My mother got good rehabilitation in there. The nursing care was wonderful. They were very good. I think they had some activities, but my mother didn't join in any of them. The rooms were nice, big, full private rooms.

September 18, 2016

By peggy and dick

I have seen Broad Creek also, and that was fine, but it was a little too dark for me as there were too many trees. It’s a pleasant place, I have been to meetings there, and they are very amenable to having groups in like women’s group. I visited people who are there, and I understand that they are enjoying the food very much. It’s very near the church, so it would be easier to get there.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for TidePointe, a Vi Community

December 20, 2015

By Sara22

The room I saw at TidePointe was very lovely and nice-sized. The people that I talked to were very pleasant and very helpful. They had cards, library, book clubs, and wine and cheese gatherings -- anything that you could ask for.

January 17, 2014

By Bob75900850

TidePointe is an excellent facility. It's not a huge community but it's extremely well run. I like best their ambience. The environment was very pleasant and everybody seemed to love it. Their dining room was lovely and the food was great. They have just absolutely wonderful food! There's nothing there that's any different than the other facility we visited but it is just more expensive. One thing they do have is that they have a very good evacuation set-up for hurricanes. If you have enough money, I would recommend them completely.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (4) See fewer reviews

Photos of TidePointe, a Vi Community

Services and Amenities of TidePointe, a Vi Community

• Housing Extra: Choice Of 1 Or 2 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, Verandas Or Cottage Homes

• Coffee Shop
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

About TidePointe, a Vi Community

Wake up every day to the coastal beauty Hilton Head has to offer. At Tidepointe, a Vi community, you’ll a enjoy a surplus of lifestyle activities and benefits that will you leave wondering, do you live in a retirement community or a resort?

Welcome to Tidepointe, a Vi community, a 63-acre assisted and independent living community (Also known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community) located in Hilton Head, South Carolina. Tidepointe, a Vi community, offers a wide variety of distinctive amenities and lifestyle activities to enhance the lifestyles of all senior residents. Our retirement community is committed to providing a quality living environment intertwined with exceptional services and programs to truly enrich the lives of older adults.

Some of the benefits and amenities Tidepointe offers and is not limited to:

• A wide range of active and entertaining social activities that tailor to your interests
  • Award winning service from our chefs, nursing, housekeeping, and more
  • Assisted living, Memory Support, and Skilled Nursing facilities on site
  • Scheduled maintenance and repairs for your home
  • Weekly light housekeeping of your home
  • Dining program provided by our culinary team, including seasonal menus and nightly specials
  • Scheduled transportation for shopping, outings, and appointments
  • Gatehouse staffed 24 hours a day to welcome residents and register guests
  • Wellness center staffed by a registered nurse available for immunizations and confidential health consultation
  • Fitness center stocked with treadmills, bicycles and weights for strength training and cardio fitness
  • Fitness instruction and classes
  • Heated pool for lap swimming, instructor-led aqua fitness classes, and relaxation
  • Pets allowed (up to 35 lbs.)

Whether you want to enjoy the amenities Tidepointe has to offer, or the environment surrounding the community, Tidepointe offers valet and shuttle services to enjoy your retirement inside and outside the community. Tour the exotic Forsyth park, sail at Pau Hana, view the diverse species of Oatland Island Wildlife Center, play 18 holes at nearby golf clubs as you enjoy the surrounding scenery of the coastline, experience the cultural music of The Jazz Corner, shop and dine in the nearby areas of Hilton Head, Bluffton, and much more.

Living at TidePointe means living life to the fullest. Whether you live in the South Carolina area or elsewhere, our retirement community has everything to offer to provide a unique, healthy and exciting senior living.

How it works

TidePointe, a Vi community, is an upscale continuing care retirement community located on Hilton Head Island. Our Care Center, Broad Creek, is located on our campus and offers a residential setting. The care center is staffed 24-hours a day, seven days a week by licensed nurses and dedicated care givers.

About Vi

For more than 30 years, Vi has been enriching the lives of seniors. The Vi family of companies includes 10 Life Plan Communities, also known as Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs), across the United States. Since 1987, Vi has owned and operated residential communities for older adults, we work toward providing quality environments, services and programs to enrich the lives of those we serve.

Map of TidePointe, a Vi Community