The Perryman House Thomasville, NC

Reviews of The Perryman House

Assisted Living Reviews for The Perryman House

January 01, 2016

By Joanne V.

We have a close friend who lives at The Clinard House. He was so lucky to have his family find this home for him. He had become to much for his wife to handle at home. Let's be real here no one wants to have to put a family member in a home but sometimes there is no other choice. This place is so wonderful. The people that work here really really do care about the people they care for. You just can't fake it 24-7! There is true caring and love for the patients that live in these homes. The staff has learned what our friend's need's are. They are providing care for him at a very high level. This is the first place our friend has gone to so I can't compare to other places very well. I just know about stories I have heard! We are so glad he is where he is and in such good caring hands. The whole family is so relaxed with him there It's nice to be able to go online and see what he is doing almost anytime. Thank you Kathy and your entire stall! You are all so wonderful!

December 30, 2015

By Rose46

My mother had been in different assisted living and skilled nursing facilities. She had many experiences with hospital admissions because of her falls. She would be sitting in the hallway lined up and no one was acknowledging she was there. We read an article about Almost Home Group in the newspaper. We were interviewed by Kathy and we were so very impressed. I love that they have compassionate and caring caregivers. There was never a moment that somebody wasn’t there to take care of whatever the residents’ needs were. If a patient is crying, someone would respond immediately. Our experience with the previous facilities had been nothing like The Almost Home Group. I have peace of mind now. I can go to bed knowing that my mom is taken care of. If I just want to check in but don’t have time to go visit her, I can go online and check the webcam and observe how are they doing there . I always get a good response and they’re very informative if I ask questions about how my mom’s day was.

December 29, 2015

By Julie, NP

Staff is extremely accommodating and provides excellent reports about patient related issues. Administrator addresses any issues immediately to resolve them. Caregiver to patient ratio is the best around.

December 28, 2015

By Caring RN1

Staff provide excellent, loving care to all residents. Warm, friendly, caring atmosphere. After communicating with resident family members, it was clear how pleased they are with this wonderful facility.

September 20, 2015

By RachelV

The Almost Home Group is an exemplary model of care for individuals walking the path of dementia. My Dad is a resident and has 1:1 care, home cooked meals, stellar hygeine care, and uncomparable nursing support in a residential setting nestled in a pristine, historic neighborhood. The Almost Home Group is pioneering a model of dementia care that is uncomparable to any residential facility. We had my father at a very highly rated memory care assisted living facility that was not a good fit for him because it wasn't 'HOME' and further was not able to meet his behavior needs he confronted in the later stages of his Alzheimer's disease. Our family had to weather poor adjustment and an inpatient psychiatric admission prior to having the privilege to ultimately have my father reside at the Clinard House with the Almost Home Group. He has been able to gain back significant weight due to his dramatic increase in appetite, maintain his hygeine with the attention of both the NA's and Hospice care within the loving walls of a residential dementia home. Kathy Hatfield, the owner of the Almost Home Group has given our family the invaluable gift of peace of mind. I am a Nurse Practitioner and was paramount in our families journey to find care for my father, who has severe Alzheimer's disease. I have visited at least a dozen facilities, read numerous books, talked with endless admission directors and feel confident when I say there is not one residential facility that is delivering the level of dignified, personal and professional care as the Almost Home Group. Kathy's vision, perseverance and love for individuals with dementia is unmistakably her calling. I could scream from the rooftops in praise of Kathy, her husband and her staff.

July 03, 2014

We chose the Perryman House because there were a small number of residents per care giver, like two care givers for four ladies. They have double rooms, two persons in a room. It’s just like a home. The staff is excellent, very caring and loving, and they see to all of my mom’s needs. They have good meals, and snacks in between. There are a lot of memory stimulating games, they do puzzles, they read with them, and they have musical activities.

April 18, 2012

By Mom's Journey

The Almost Home Group agreed to care for my mother in her own home and I could not be more pleased with the quality of care and the quality of life my mother now has. Due to short-term memory issues that became evident followng a fall, Mom had lived for 2 years in an Assisted Living facility and we were living the all-too-common cycle of fall, go to the ER, stay in the hospital, go to rehab, return to the facility, fall again, etc. After thoroughly exploring options in the local area, and not finding any situation that was going to work very well for us (nothing was available with adequate supervision for folks with memory issues), we learned of The Almost Home Group. Having Mom in a situation where she has 24/7 one-on-one care in a nurturing environment has been such a blessing for our family. I (as the primary caregiver in the family) have actually been able to return to a somewhat normal lifestyle, because I know that my mother is content and safe. She has become physically stronger (no more trips to the ER - and it's been 3 months!), emotionally more stable, and although we still have the memory issues, she is finally in a happy place! I would highly recommend this group of caregivers and wholeheartedly support their mission to revolutionize the eldercare industry! I could not be more pleased!

Questions about The Perryman House

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Perryman House. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The Perryman House is a lovely brick ranch home in the prestigious Wallcliff Park neighborhood, just off Business 85 in Thomasville.

What programs or activities does The Perryman House offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Kathy Hatfield, the owner and Administrator of The Perryman House is also a NCCAP Nationally Certified Activity Director. There are also one full-time and one part time activity team members, as well as volunteers. Individual and group activities are available, commensurate with the needs of each specific resident and his or her preferences and abilities.

What places are near The Perryman House or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Wallcliff Park, equipped with a wheelchair path and picnic tables, is centrally located in the neighborhood with The Almost Home Group residences, including The Perryman House and The Lyman House.

What transportation services does The Perryman House offer to assisted living residents?

Private transportation is provided at no cost up to 30 miles one way. If a resident is wheelchair bound, local transportation is provided by a certified transport company for a nominal fee.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Perryman House exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The Perryman House provides three homemade meals and three (or more) snacks per day. We employ two local chefs, who specialize in delicious comfort food.

What safety features or security measures does The Perryman House offer to assisted living residents?

The Perryman House is equipped with a fire sprinkler system, a security alarm, motion detectors, floor alarms, and security cameras in all common areas of the home.

How does The Perryman House keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

The owner and Administrator lives within 600 feet of The Perryman House, and is available to residents' families by phone 24 hours per day, seven days per week.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Perryman House during daytime and nighttime hours?

The staff of The Perryman House is 2 dementia trained caregivers for a maximum of six residents, providing a 1:3 ratio around the clock.

If The Perryman House accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

The Perryman House has visiting dogs, cats, and pigs. Resident pets are allowed if approved by the Administrator before move-in.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Each caregiver is specifically trained to care for seniors with Alzheimer's and other types of dementia. Continuing Education is provided to each caregiver on a monthly basis.

Describe the neighborhood around The Perryman House. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The Perryman House is located in the lovely Wallcliff Park neighborhood, one of the most prestigious in town. The lawns are manicured, and the streets are lined with oak trees and crepe myrtles.

Costs for The Perryman House

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: NC Licensed Family Care Homes
  • State Licenses: FCL-029-009

About The Perryman House

Our homes are staffed by dementia-trained caregivers, with one (2) CNA or PCA for five (5) residents. Most caregivers are NC licensed Medication aides.

Inspired by my Dad's journey through Alzheimer's, I learned that exceptional care for this delicate population is essential.

Prices are all inclusive with the exception of co-pays, medication, and incontinence supplies. There are no LEVEL OF CARE price level increases... We treat our residents like our own family.

Private Pay or Long Term Care Insurance Only