The Fountains at Millbrook

Reviews of The Fountains at Millbrook

Assisted Living Reviews for The Fountains at Millbrook

March 28, 2018

By John

We visited the Fountains at Millbrook, and it was excellent. It was a beautiful place, and I would move there myself. It's out in the country, in a beautiful set of buildings with nice landscaping. The staff members were very likeable. The rooms were very adequate, very nice, the food was good, and the restaurants were nice. They have cottages, and they were also nice. They have a lot of community trips, you can go shopping, and they take you to places you want to go. The staff was friendly, manageable, and they didn't push me. They just explained what was going on.

January 05, 2017

By Lorraine846377

The Fountains and its rooms were beautiful. I saw a two-bedroom apartment. The dining area was nice and big. The people were very nice. They had bingo and bowling.

November 14, 2016

By Concerned Daughter507755

I liked The Fountains at Millbrook. Everything was very good, and I think my father would like it. The food was good, and they had a restaurant-type of atmosphere. The rooms are very nice and spacious. They have a cord if you need help and you can't get up. The place is clean and well-kept. I didn't see any disgusting things.

Thanks for taking the time to review our community. I’m glad you liked the food and atmosphere and found the community to be a clean, spacious, nice place where your father would enjoy living. Please let us know if you have any questions and thanks again. Sincerely, Deb Slocum, Executive Director

August 03, 2016

By dalancing

We have friends that live here. The staff and the people are very nice. The main facilities are fine. The transportation options are very good. The food was delicious. The dining room lacks a bit of ambiance (the photos make it look much nicer with the plants on the tables and the red napkins) and the little cafe had chipped tables and chairs. There are 2 types of independent living arrangements. The apartments and the cottages. The independent living apartments are much more up to date than the cottages. We noticed chipped outside paint, cracks in the sidewalks, rust on the doors, mold and a virtually no landscaping around the cottages. The biggest surprise was the cottage shared laundry rooms. The appliances were mismatched and very outdated. The laundry rooms need to be painted and cleaned. The ones we saw were dirty and had dead bugs and cobwebs. There was no table to fold clothes. It was shocking how terrible the laundry rooms were. As far as activities go, there were a few indoor activities (pool table, a Wii bowling game, poker). The gym is very small. Despite having 200 acres, there are no nature trails for walking. The property is beautiful, it's out in the country surrounded by mountains and farmland. They don't have an indoor pool which was a disappointment as my mother enjoys water aerobics. There wasn't much to do outside on the property for someone that is active. If you aren't very active, and enjoy the country, I would recommend the independent living apartments but steer clear of the cottages.

November 30, 2015

The staff in The Fountains at Millbrook was excellent. They had an attentive and caring staff that gave excellent care to the residents and seemed to be personable and friendly, too. The surroundings and the environment were beautiful. Their apartments were adequate, clean, and had a good floor plan. I think the food was good. Their dining room was beautiful and felt more like a swanky restaurant. I observed people communicating and being friendly with each other in the dining area. No one was secluded, uneasy, or apprehensive or anything like that. It was a friendly and clean community.

August 30, 2015

The Fountains at Millbrook was within the 30-mile radius from my home, which is important. The staff and the management were friendly and cooperative. The place looked clean. There were a lot of activities. The rooms were nice and big. The two-bedroom apartments were very roomy and of a good size. From what I saw, and what I have researched, I really liked it.

August 13, 2015

By David111608950

The Fountains at Millbrook was in a rural setting. They had a regular building for assisted living plus cottages for people who can live on their own. It was very nice. They had a very large dining room and areas for people to walk about on the outside. It was a fairly large property, and it was fully staffed.

December 15, 2014

By NoNamePlease

If you have a family member here, please be VERY AWARE of what the staff THINKS they have authority over as far as making decisions for the resident, especially if you (the family) are actively involved and very capable of making YOU OWN decisions for the person who is residing there. There seems to be too much decision making on the part of the staff at The Fountains when decisions should be made by the FAMILY when possible. You don't just "hand your family member over the them" when they go there to live!!!!

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback. I have spoken with department heads and we would benefit from a bit more detail. Would you possibly be able to give me a call to discuss what took place? I would be grateful for the opportunity to improve our services for residents and families alike. If this is a matter regarding a Home Care associate, I will relay your concerns to the agency, so they can also provide a positive, extraordinary experience as well. I hope to hear from you at 845-677-8550. Thanks, Deb Slocum, Executive Director

December 06, 2014

By Angelina6

I liked the idea that they also had individual cottages at The Fountains at Millbrook It was very clean and really beautiful. The rooms were enormous, but it was really beyond our means, financially. They had nice activities, and they provide transportation to doctor's appointments. I didn't see any room for improvements. I would like to go back because I don't know how large the kitchen is, and I am interested in larger kitchens, so I would have to go back.

August 04, 2014

By Pat Martin

My mother has been a resident here for > 10 years and is currently in the Inn. When I was visiting a few weeks ago I met a lovely young girl who said she was a volunteer. She asked who I was visiting and when I pointed out my mom she lite up. She was so excited to tell me about things she had been doing with my mom, like working with clay with her in arts and crafts and things my mom does like the exercises in her wheelchair and "senior volleyball". I was so impressed with this young girl and her delight in working with elderly folks. Of course we have always been soooo happy with the love and care our mom has had the entire times she has been under your care, but I am always so impressed by the young people that are so kind and patient with the old folks and this young girl especially impressed me with her poise and caring attitude. Thank you for all you do.

June 30, 2014

By Eileen8978

At The Fountains at Millbrook, you can have independent, assisted living, and total care. It was very nice. They have things available there for my mom, such as getting her hair done, taking her to church, they have transportation, and what-not. However, these were all things you had to sign up for ahead of time. The rooms were very well maintained. You can have a one-bedroom apartment, a studio, or a two-bedroom apartment. They have full kitchen and full bath. They have railings and a call button in the bathroom. They are totally geared to senior living. They only give them one meal a day, which is included in their program, and then everything is a la carte. The staff was lovely. They were very nice. They were very knowledgeable, very attentive, and very personable.

March 28, 2014

By Carolyn41

I was very impressed with The Fountains at Millbrook. If we were going to bring my mother to my house, that's where she would have went. It was a beautiful facility. It was very clean. I have nothing bad to say about that place. The woman who worked there was unbelievably wonderful. She explained everything and showed me everything. The rooms were very comfortable. They were a very nice size. They also had art rooms and a lot of things going for their residents. They even felt like they were on a vacation. The dining room was exquisite. I mean, they had linen tablecloths. I told my son already, when I get older that's where I want to go. It was that wonderful. It was very, very good.

February 28, 2014

By Caring66820850

The Fountains at Millbrook is a very nice place, it's very clean, and they have very good food, but the one disadvantage is that it's out of the middle of nowhere and the road that you have to take to this place is not very well maintained. The people looked happy there and the staff. They did give me a brochure of their activities and it seemed to be pretty active.

August 27, 2013

By Lee5

I was hoping to move closer to my family and since The Fountains is in the Hudson Valley, I decided to take a look at this place. It is an older building and its age is showing in some of the facilities but it still looks nice. The Fountains seems very complete in terms of amenities. Their services are terrific too. They have a friendly, nice and helpful staff. Part of my reason to seek this kind of living facility was to be more with people my own age and the people that work there, even though they may not have been my age, are very patient and understanding of elderly people, I thought that's very nice. This community has cottages. This type of residences is most appealing to me. I like that in preference to a big dormitory-style or hotel-style residences. However, they are extremely expensive.

March 08, 2013

By Josh4

We wanted a place that's close, and The Fountains is just 11 miles from my house. The environment is very homey and it didn't have the "institutional feeling". We felt that it can provide maximum level of independence for mom, but still get good care. Her apartment is beautiful. It's one of the nicest place. I think the staff is excellent. They do have activities every day like arts and crafts although my mother doesn't participate in all of them as much as I would like. But they really reach out. They help arrange mahjong games, and she plays mahjong a couple of times a week. I'd like to see a little more provoking to get her out to doing things. I don't think they do bad, but maybe just a little more push to maximize the individual to participate.

October 12, 2012

By maxban

The staff seem tolerant and experienced. They handled the residents with respect and were gracious to me and my visting family members. The facilities were recently renovated and very well maintained . My grandmother's accommodations are spacious and receive plenty of light. She has been able to find some pleasant companionship with some of the other residents, including another family member at the same facility. The facility also houses a large dining room in which families can dine with their loved ones on holidays.

January 20, 2012

By crazygood

Fountains of Millbrook is great. This is exactly the kind of place my aunt needs and overall it has been a great experience. This retirement community has everything I could ask for in a place for my aunt to live. Now, thankfully, I do not need to worry about the care she is getting because Fountains of Millbrook does the worrying for me. Their staff is extremely friendly and courteous to all family members and friends of their residents. My aunt only has nice things to say about all the workers and frequently engages in conversation with them. The view at Millbrook is gorgeous as well. I am blown away every time I go there to visit. The view itself is well worth the money spent. One of the greatest parts about the facilities at Millbrook is its library. It has a pretty good library, great dining hall and many comfortable lounges. Because Millbrook sits on a large plot of land they have the flexibility to add some of these features (like a library or theatre) to their facility. It gives the place an open and independent aura yet also a community feel as well. In my opinion this is a great place to stay and is well worth the money spent.

Independent Living Reviews for The Fountains at Millbrook

March 28, 2014

By Socha

I thought The Fountains at Millbrook was superb. The scenery was beautiful, and the setting was exquisite. I tried to talk my mom into it, but she just wasn't willing, although she did admit that the setting was beautiful and the facility was wonderful. Their accommodations were spacious and well-maintained. Their location was convenient in terms of getting to the central facilities, such as the cafeteria. Everything was within walking distance if you can walk. They invited my mom to stay for free for a weekend, I believe, in one of the apartments that was shown to us. I don't remember specific activities, but they did have plenty of activities there. We did see the dining area, but we were not invited for a meal. Overall, I would give them a four, only because I felt they did not offer enough meals as part of the cost. It included one meal only in terms of the payment, and if you wanted more, it was extra, so I thought it was a little on the expensive side myself.

Photos of The Fountains at Millbrook

About The Fountains at Millbrook

The Fountains at Millbrook in Millbrook NY is a rental retirement community offering Independent Living and Assisted Living on 200 acres of forest and meadows with breathtaking views of the Hudson Valley and the Catskill Mountains. Choose from several bright and spacious one-bedroom and two-bedroom residences, some cottages with screened porches overlooking the sun splashed hills. Meals are enjoyed restaurant style, with optional wine service. We know that challenging our brains and getting in better physical shape has enormous benefits at every age, and The Fountains at Millbrook offers an ongoing course schedule of mind-expanding and body-toning classes through Watermark University. A Watermark retirement community.

Fountains of Millbrook Amenities

• Well-stocked library
  • Auditorium for performances, movies, and lectures
  • Elegant dining room
  • Lounge for cards, entertaining, and more
  • Arts Studios
  • Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
  • Interior bank ATM
  • Non-denominational chapel
  • Central mail area
  • Laundry room on each floor
  • Furnished guest apartment
  • Outdoor gardening area
  • Numerous paths and nature trails
  • Country Store
  • 200 acres of forest and meadows with breathtaking views of the Hudson Valley and the Catskill Mountains

Fountains of Millbrook Services:

• Choice of lunch or dinner each day, served restaurant-style in our dining room
  • Housekeeping of your apartment every other week
  • Weekly laundering of your flat linens
  • Variety of stimulating social, educational, cultural, recreational, and spiritual programs
  • 24-hour staffing
  • All utilities, except electric, telephone and cable TV
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Move-in coordination service
  • Fitness programs include regularly
  • scheduled exercise classes and nature trails
  • Preventative health screenings and fitness lectures
  • Access to a variety of health services in our wellness center
  • Complete apartment maintenance, including plumbing and major appliances
  • Building maintenance, groundskeeping and landscaping services

Map of The Fountains at Millbrook