Brandywine Living at Huntington Terrace

Reviews of Brandywine Living at Huntington Terrace

Assisted Living Reviews for Brandywine Living at Huntington Terrace

January 24, 2015

By Collene1

My mother has got Parkinson's, so we got her into an assisted living place called Brandywine, which is an absolutely beautiful place, but 10 days later she was put in their dementia unit called Reflections. It's very nice, and the people are nice, but it would be fine if she had unlimited money. If she could have stayed in assisted living, she would have enough funds to last for a year and a half or so in a semi-private apartment there. Now that she is in the dementia unit, it's about double the cost, so she is going to run out of money and we have to make some other arrangements because they don't take Medicare. She has been there since November. The staff is lovely. Every single one of them has a smile on their face, and they greet you. As far as the assisted living part went, they had a lot of nice activities. The dining room looks like a restaurant. It is absolutely beautiful. They order from a menu, and the food is excellent. It's just that in my mother's situation, she was really relying on the other residents, and that was making her look like she was a little bit less demented than she is. It looks like a very relatively new facility, very clean, very well taken care of, well maintained, and landscaped. They seemed to have adequate parking; it's just a little bit far away. I'm very happy with them.

September 01, 2014

By Mary94148950

Brandywine Senior Living is a very large facility. It is located in an area right off of the Long Island Express way so it is easy to get to. The rooms are very contemporary looking and very spacious. It looked like they had a lot of services available for the residents like transportation if they have doctor's appointments. The staff were very informative and able to explain the different situations and services that they provided. They also send me a monthly calendar with their activities.

August 25, 2014

By Sparkygirl

My family was so nervous about the transition from home to Assisted Living. We chose Brandywine because the residents seemed happy and the staff were involved with them each time we visited. The day before we moved mom in so many employees came to visit us and introduce themselves. The day of moms move in we couldn't believe how fast mom trusted the staff. From the moment she walked in she was treated like she was at a 5 star resort. We thought she would not leave our sides. Well, we were wrong. The care staff came to get her for lunch. She went to lunch and then all of the activities straight from there. We were shocked. They have given her (and us) the love and attention she needed to transition as smoothly as possible. Every picture they show us she has a big beautiful smile! And since we visit often we know she is happy and adjusting well. I recommend them to anyone who asks!

August 18, 2014

By happily satisfied daughter!

After looking at numerous Assisted Living facilities for dad we stumbled upon Brandywine! We finally felt like this was to be dad's new home. Everything was perfect. The building is beautiful and clean without feeling institutional. This was the only Assisted Living facility where the residents looked happy. The staff are extremely cordial, caring and welcoming at all times. The food and menu remind dad of being on a cruise! Dad and his room is always kept clean, as is his laundry. Brandywine is very attentive to dad's needs at ALL times. While this isn't the same as being back "home", it sure is the next best place! I have been relieved of the constant worry over dad living on his own and take comfort in the staff, service, care and happy residents surrounding my father!

July 02, 2014

We placed my mother at Brandywine because we needed a facility immediately. We needed some facilities to take care of her. We're not crazy about that place. The room was just plain. They're just four walls. My experience with Brandywine taking care of my mother, who was on oxygen, is not good. The service that they have is a 1, with 1 being the worst.

Independent Living Reviews for Brandywine Living at Huntington Terrace

Memory Care Reviews for Brandywine Living at Huntington Terrace

About Brandywine Living at Huntington Terrace

Brandywine Living at Huntington Terrace is a senior living provider in Melville, New York that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care. Contact Brandywine Living at Huntington Terrace for more details on services and rates.

Map of Brandywine Living at Huntington Terrace