Elant at Fishkill Beacon, NY

Reviews of Elant at Fishkill

Nursing Home Reviews for Elant at Fishkill

May 20, 2014

By gurlzone

This review is based on 10 visits of about 4 hours each with my elderly mother in the rehab unit. My mother was put in a shared room. It was very small for two people. The bathroom was tiny, not ventilated and always stank of urine. The walls of the room needed repair and painting, giving it a dingy appearance. After I told staff that my mother had accidentally urinated onto the cushion of a chair in a shared living space, no one cleaned the chair for the remaining few hours I was there. I wonder if anyone ever cleans these accidents, because the smell of urine wafts throughout the facility. But the worst thing I witnessed over and over again was bedridden residents using their call bell and staff rarely coming to find out what the resident needed in less then 10 minutes and sometimes as long as 30 minutes. In fact, the resident rooms and common areas were often without any visible staff for extended periods of time. (Someone with a life-threatening emergency would die before staff arrived.) I even heard patients yelling, "Help!" I checked in on them because no one else was. Most of the patients I spoke with rang their call bell because they needed staff to help to get to a commode/bathroom. If the need was urgent, some of them just gave up and urinated and/or defecated in their diaper/clothes/bed. Whenever I asked staff about these long delays, they told me that there was not enough staff to take care of everyone. I heard one staff loudly scolding a resident who was for asking her for assistance, telling the resident that there were other people to take care of besides her. I believe that if reasonable resident needs are going unmet (which I witnessed repeatedly), the answer is not to blame/scold the residents for requesting help. The answer is to hire enough staff so that patient needs are met. In sum, this is a glum environment with many unhappy residents and insufficient staff.

April 02, 2012

By Kimberley B

My Mother was placed in Elant Beacon after medication management in another Facility Senior Behavioral in Sharon CT. My Mom had been diagnosed with Dementia at age 69.I was concerned about the diagnosis at such a young age as well as the level of care she would receive. I found Elant to be a wonderful and safe environment where my Mom was treated with respect and dignity. The staff was pleasant. and very willing to address my questions and concerns. The Social workers returned phone calls and made themselves accessible. I was impressed with the CNAs and there dedication to the residents as well as the short term rehabilitation patients. My Mother who has always been somewhat shy and anxious was put at ease by the nurses and staff. I know that unfortunately my Mom will eventually will not be able to remain home,however it's good to know that she will have a place to go that is close to home and a safe and comfortable environment for my her. I highly recommend Elant of Beacon.

November 30, 2011

Staff is truly caring. Great rehab facility & staff. Food is less than desirable, though. I stayed there, personally, for 3 weeks after a catastrophic illness. I was treated very well.

About Elant at Fishkill

Elant at Fishkill is a senior living provider in Beacon, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Elant at Fishkill for more details on services and rates.

Map of Elant at Fishkill