Rio Rancho Care and Rehabilitation Center

Rio Rancho Care and Rehabilitation Center (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Rio Rancho Care and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Rio Rancho Care and Rehabilitation Center

November 30, 2014

Mom was at Rio Rancho Nursing Center, and the staff was pretty good for the most part, but they didn’t encourage my mother. Like for example, if she did not want to take a shower, they would not insist. I would also go and find her swimming in urine in her chair because they did not check her. The social workers were good even though there were times that I would call them, and they wouldn’t call me back, but once I got them directly they were fine.

June 12, 2013

My father had a heart attack and he needs some rehab and needs to get his strength. Rio Rancho is wonderful for that. But as soon as he went for long term care, he just sits there with his head down. I took care of two or three of them myself at my table that we ate at because I ate every meal with my father. It's not an Alzheimer's place. Rehab was wonderful. The aides were wonderful. They just didn't have enough time. There's one aide for every eighteen to twenty people there. They need more aides. They do not have enough people to take care of the number of people they have there. The aides are sweet, every one of them, and they're running. At eating time, they have one person at a hall with thirty people. That's impossible, you can't do it! You only have two or three feet to get by a person's bed. There's no way you can walk straight. You have to walk sideways. They have this one bathroom for four people. They had very few activities. They have music once a month and every one of them crowded to that room when music came in. People gave money to have more things going on because they just sit and hang their heads and I cry when I walk by them. I take my dad to the park in a wheelchair but I can't take everybody with me because I couldn't handle them. What they have for residents as far as things to do is very poor. It's not the personnel. They just don't have a budget for it. For long term care and Alzheimer's patients, I'll never recommend this place. I had no problem with the food, the food was fine. But as far as activities especially for the ones with dementia, it's very poor.

Services and Amenities of Rio Rancho Care and Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Rio Rancho Care and Rehabilitation Center

Rio Rancho Care and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Rio Rancho, New Mexico that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Rio Rancho Care and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Rio Rancho Care and Rehabilitation Center