Paloma Landing Retirement Community

Paloma Landing Retirement Community (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Paloma Landing Retirement Community

Independent Living Reviews for Paloma Landing Retirement Community

February 27, 2014

I was at Paloma Landing for eight months. It was very nice, but they keep changing managers. I left because the manager was being so mean to the elderly and I'm one of the youngest people there, so it upset me. We first had temporary staff, Karen and David, and they were fantastic. They just went and cleaned up the place when it was all a mess. From what I heard though, they let them go. They also had a really good activity director, David, and he was excellent. With David, they had a lot of activities. However, they also fired him. Everyone was very sad then. Now they actually got someone from another facility, she's nice, but she's not David. With regards to accommodation, that was all really nice, but to be stressed out, it's better for me to be in an apartment where I'm not stressed. They also served very small portions of food and they wouldn't give you seconds. I had a lot of trouble there because I was allergic to tomatoes and they didn't have a lot of choices. They were not giving you a lot. What I want for them to improve on is to have very caring and compassionate managers. The facility was beautiful. It felt like a hotel. If they would get the right managers in there and maybe a little more food, then it would be okay.

January 31, 2014

I have been at Paloma Landing for a visit and the facility is very well groomed. It’s very elegant and the environment is very pleasant. They have three kinds of room; a studio, one bedroom, and a two bedroom. They have large rooms. People can get around if they have a little wheelchair. The layout is very organized. The staff are absolutely wonderful. They were able to invite me to eat there and the food is really nice. It's just that during my three-time visit I found out that they changed three mangers and that alarms me because some of the manager are pleasant, but some of them are still new and they don’t have a whole background about my finances or the facility in general.

January 14, 2014

By Cecilia4

My mom has been living in Paloma Landing for two years. It was cheaper and she's independent enough to handle it. The beauty of it is it's not huge, it's probably 150 people and it's easy to get around. They cleaned the rooms weekly and changed the sheets and towels. The place is secure; it's locked at night at 8:00. They allow small pets. They could improve on the meals though, as they'll serve big carrots sticks so they need to be more aware of the clientele that they have and the ability to be able to eat certain foods.

About Paloma Landing Retirement Community

Paloma Landing Retirement Community is a senior living provider in Albuquerque, New Mexico that offers residents Independent Living and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Paloma Landing Retirement Community for more details on services and rates.

Map of Paloma Landing Retirement Community