Albuquerque Grand Senior Living

Reviews of Albuquerque Grand Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Albuquerque Grand Senior Living

February 16, 2018

By Joanm111

Thank you for taking such good care of Marg. She loves her new apartment. I had tea with her a few days ago and was quite envious with the view she had. I think I could consider a life like this in my future.

April 25, 2017

By Shaba

I liked Albuquerque Grand Senior Living because it was in the city. It was a big building, but everything was locked and closed. The place was more for people who just wanted a nice, comfortable place to stay. The staff was very nice, but I wanted more activities. The food was very good, and the dining area was very nice. It wasn’t so open or lively to me.

March 27, 2017

By Leni616503

Albuquerque Grand was very rundown and very unprofessional feeling. For example, my wheelchairs wouldn’t go through the doors in the apartment. The staff was friendly, and she knew her facility. The dining area was just OK, nothing special. It just seemed very low on the totem pole as far as appearance, attitude, and upkeep. It was not a very nice place. I wouldn’t consider living there. They need to redo their building. They’ve got these doors that wheelchairs won’t go through, really narrow hallways, and a ramp that you have to go up and down in your wheelchair, which is almost impossible.

March 08, 2017

By Kirk102603

I took a tour at The Albuquerque Grand Senior Living for my mom. It was OK. I really like the person who operated the place -- she was fantastic -- but my mom said she did not felt it to be a home. It felt like a building. We really did not see activities on the place.

December 16, 2016

By anonymous522085

I chose Albuquerque Grand mainly for the price and activities; you name it, they have it. They do a good job of activities for the residents. We had a marvelous Thanksgiving dinner. A lot of groups come in for singing and dancing. However, the food is not good.

November 20, 2016

By Martha544155

I had a friend that was at The Albuquerque Grand Senior Living. I had a bad feeling about it. It wasn’t very clean, and I didn’t feel comfortable. It was a big place, but I didn’t think the staff wasn't friendly.

August 03, 2015

By pleasent to your face horrible after

The staff seems very pleasent to outside guests. We moved my grandpa in with the assumption they are pleasent and nice we paid for everything including cleaning of his room every week, laundry, help with bathing, and medicine. After about a month we noticed his pain pills dissapearing. He wasnt taking them but yet several each week were gone. They stopped helping him bathe and we noticed his overall heigene was getting worse. He would tell us stories of how most residents suffered from dementia or Alzheimers. If you had any mental capacity they treated you very poorly. If you tried explaing a problem or wanted to ask a question about meals they were rude and acted like your opinion didnt matter. We moved him out as soon as possible. We gave a $2,000 deposit and might see half of that back. When we turned the keys in they said they woukd do an inspection and get back to us. A week later I called and Tony was very rude right off the bat almost yelling at me about the condition of his room. I told him I cleaned it and took pictures and he told me "good im glad you did because so did we." They claim they charge a cleaning fee a sanitation fee and carpet cleaning. Im confused I thought someone was cleaning his room every week? Save your elderly the misery and go somewhere else. I would give a no star rating but I have to give 1 to leave comments.

February 10, 2015

By Daneen

The Albuquerque Grand was the one that I visited. The person there, Savana, has been very helpful, and she was willing to work with me, but it would still leave me like $600 a month, and I was not used to living that limited. It used to be a football dorm, so it was very large. The rooms used to be dorms, so they were not appealing to me. They had activities. I believed they had a pool table, a community room, and games. The halls were suffocating, hot, and miserable. I guessed that was to be expected with elderly people because they were cold, but I didn't like that. However, Savana was really helpful and friendly.

November 03, 2014

By markwallace

We came here to sing as volunteers. The residents first off enjoyed our singing but most importantly they seamed to be enjoying living at this community. They were all down in the dinning room and extremely grateful for our service. They all thanked us for coming out to provide entertainment to them. I did notice how clean an quaint the building is. I stepped into the office of the sales office and she was happy to take time to give me information for my friend who in fact may be in need of their service. The major indicator to myself that this was a great community was the activeness of the residents currently residing there.

August 16, 2014

By thanksag

The chef is amazing. I loved the meal last week I eat with dad. Dad had picked this place for my mom and himself a few years ago. My has since passed after her battle with breastfeeding cancer. I lived out of state at the time so I had no say in it. That made me nervous as I was not able to see it befor hand. Now I have been back for almost six months and can see he mad a good choice. They were all so great with my mom's passing and gave my dad the extra attention he needed. I'm glad they were there when I could not be.

August 06, 2014

By mymomrocks

They have great staff at this place. My mom lives on the east side in the independent part of the building but lately she has needed help with her medication. When she needed this service, Tony got the staff to start immediately. It was an amazing weight off our shoulders. I have noticed a big positive change in her mental state since this has happened. I am very thankful for all of them. Good Job everyone John Vigil

August 04, 2014

By Beachwalk180

My aunt has lived in this community for over 5 years now and, while changes have occurred, the quality of staff, the care, and the services provided, as well as the commitment of management, has always been great and, if anything, has continued to improve and impress me. I visit my aunt at least 3 times a week, and am always warmly greeted. The staff knows every resident's name and there is a genuine sense of family and caring interaction. The owners, a husband and wife, are frequent visitors and they know their residents and I've watched them happily spend time talking with them. This is not a fancy corporate feeling place - instead it is clean, bright, uplifting place filled with very nice people. If you asked my Aunt about the place she'd say the same things about it. Like most her age she will complain if things don't meet her expectations, but the worst I've ever heard is that the food is a "little spicy." She likes that they keep the place neat and tidy, and that they clean her apartment as part of her rent. She loves that they also do her laundry because it's too hard for her to do it herself anymore. And she loves the exercise classes. Recently the owner completely refurnished the main patio and we now love sitting outside in the evenings with her friends. Having spend so much time here, I feel like I have a real sense of the place and am very happy to have my family member here. The staff knows their business, seem to take great pride in working with seniors, and it is clear that, for most of them, this work is a real passion. The place seems to always have work going on to keep it looking nice, and that's good - I want my Aunt to live in a place that has the same pride she does. Nice apartments, nice staff, nice place - great decision for my aunt to move here.

October 26, 2013

By barf

Very lousy facility. Management refuses to cooperate on certain issues, including a billing dispute. Management puts on a good show when you show interest and want to move in. Once you give them your money you see how ugly they really are. Steer clear of this place folks, do your research before you move your loved ones, and avoid this place. You'll save yourself a lot of hassle.

October 23, 2013

By Albuq

old facility, very ugly furnishings, bad food, health department always there with complaints, bed bug infestation. Owners do not know how to run facility. Employees treated real bad causing lots of turnover in management.

October 05, 2013

By Larry21

Albuquerque Grand was great when my mother went there but it's not that great now. I think it changed owners and some of it is not as good. Every room has a bathroom. Everybody goes down to a general area for meals. The staff are okay. They do laundry and there's a staff there all the time if some people need help.

April 17, 2012

By andstep4

The Albuquerque Grand Senior Living Facility is a great one because it has been around for so long. The staff is helpful and they have a genuine passion for the work they do. The facilities are kept clean and room sizes are okay. Compared to other places the meals are decent even though they don't provide a restaurant feel like some there places do. Their rates are competitive and they have nurses and trained professional on site. At Albuquerque Grand Senior Living there is a personable feeling that makes it feel like home. Parking can be a drag because of its proximity to the University of New Mexico and a busy cross street. There are activities and programs abundant for the residents at Albuquerque Grand Senior Living. Seems they have a pretty low turnover rate for employees. Some of the people I met had been working there for years and love what they do. I would recommend this place for one of my love ones.

Independent Living Reviews for Albuquerque Grand Senior Living

Questions about Albuquerque Grand Senior Living

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Albuquerque Grand Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our average age is 78 and enjoy Bingo, Outings, Craft & Art Classes and Dancing

What programs or activities does Albuquerque Grand Senior Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Exercise, Art, Outings to Museums, Plays, Music Venues, morning conversation, afternoon strolls. They also enjoy the variety of presentations that we present on health issues.

What places are near Albuquerque Grand Senior Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Duck Pond, University of New Mexico, The ART, Route 66 Diner and Parks. Centrally local near beautiful downtown Albuquerque.

What transportation services does Albuquerque Grand Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

Planned and scheduled transportation is included.

What makes the chef or dining program at Albuquerque Grand Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The Chef is culinary trained offering a variety of delicious dishes. Each meal is nutritionally balanced and scratch prepared . Meals are time for socializing and we ensure residents look forward to their dining experience with local and regional influences. We also have a baker on staff that prepares assorted desserts and breads.

What safety features or security measures does Albuquerque Grand Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

In additional to meeting all state and regional codes for fire, each resident has the security knowing that the building has cameras, door alarms, 24 hour staffing and resident security fobs.

How does Albuquerque Grand Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have semiannual care plan meetings for the resident families where we can update them on any changes that we may see or changes to their loved ones care. We also produce a monthly newsletter land social postings on building events.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Albuquerque Grand Senior Living during daytime and nighttime hours?

There are two Assisted Living Staff members per 15 residents

If Albuquerque Grand Senior Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pets are welcome in the residents' home. There are two gracious enclosed courtyards where all residents can enjoy their pets.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Annually a minimum of 12 hours of State approved training. Topics that are covered include: nutrition; hydration, skin care; life safety, and emergency preparedness.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Albuquerque Grand Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our Independent resident is 78 years old. We provide a robust monthly calendar of events that they can participate in or they can find solace with a great book in one of several nooks in the building. Group activities include exercise, BINGO, Outings, Arts & Crafts projects and Dancing.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

located in the heart of the city's art and cultural scene, historic Old Town and the area's finest medical facilities and services, our residents enjoy easy access to Duck Pond The ART, Route 66 Diner and Parks.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Albuquerque Grand Senior Living has organized?

We want our residents to have the ability to enjoy the city, outings have included fine dining, the Zoo, Cultural Centers and many of our residents participate in volunteering for organizations.

What transportation services does Albuquerque Grand Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

Planned and scheduled outings are available

What makes the chef or dining program at Albuquerque Grand Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

The Community offers a TV Room, Art Center, Conference Room, Living Room, 2 gracious courtyards, Library, Puzzle Room and Billiard Room.

What safety features or security measures does Albuquerque Grand Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

Does Albuquerque Grand Senior Living work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

This building also has a licensed assisted living area.

What safety features or security measures does Albuquerque Grand Senior Living provide to protect residents who wander?

This is not a lock-down community. Residents have the freedom to roam throughout the building or in the secure courtyards.

Costs for Albuquerque Grand Senior Living

Photos of Albuquerque Grand Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Albuquerque Grand Senior Living

About Albuquerque Grand Senior Living

There was a time when retirement meant settling into an easy chair and letting other people take care of you. That was then. This is now.

Today’s seniors are sharper, fitter, and more active than ever. They enjoy a robust social life, entertainment and cultural activities. They exercise regularly, eat healthy, take care of their bodies and minds. For today’s seniors, that easy chair might gather a lot of dust … at least at Albuquerque Grand Senior Living. As we believe your retirement years should be the best years of your life.

Retirement should mean freedom. Freedom from the demands of home ownership and maintenance, from the obligation to cook and clean…and worry. Freedom to truly make your retirement years your very best. Maybe you’ll choose Independent Living, where you’ll enjoy the best of both worlds … the privacy and independence of living in your own homey apartment, with all the security and convenience of round-the-clock staffing. If you need a little more assistance, choose the Assisted Living option, and get the extra help you need, so you can experience the quality of life you want.

Independent Living

It’s your life. Live it to the fullest. At Albuquerque Grand Senior Living, you’ll enjoy all the independence, privacy and freedom of living in your own home, but without all the worries that come with it…like home maintenance, extra costs, and personal security. Embrace your freedom.

Albuquerque Grand is located in a beautiful historic neighborhood near downtown Albuquerque, just minutes away from world class medical facilities and physicians’ offices–which should make you feel even better about us if your an adult son or daughter. We’re close to entertainment and shopping, too. In fact, you really couldn’t ask for a more convenient, central location.

Think you’ll be sitting around a lot? Think again. Not a day goes by here without social, cultural and recreational opportunities. You can take advantage of daily walks and a regular exercise program. You’ll make new friends in our beautiful dining room, where we serve three delicious, healthy meals, as well as tasty snacks, every day. There’s even an on-site beauty and barber shop. And you’ll enjoy the little extra conveniences that make life here good…

• Weekly housekeeping services
  • Available on-site washer & dryer
  • Laundry service
  • Free underground parking
  • Regularly scheduled transportation

Finally, you’ll feel secure–and so will your kids–thanks to an emergency call system and 24-hour professional staffing, with personal care available at additional cost.

Sound like your style? Come see for yourself…find out why we don’t call it Albuquerque Grand for nothing!

Assisted Living

Just because you need a little help doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your freedom. That’s what Assisted Living at Albuquerque Grand is all about — making sure you get the help and support you need, so you can enjoy the quality of life you expect.

Our Assisted Living is fully licensed, and offers a complete range of services to assist you or your family member with virtually every aspect of the activities of daily living (often referred to as ADLs). Caregivers on duty 24/7. Maybe you could use a little help bathing, dressing, or with personal care, or extra help with laundry or housekeeping. You might need help eating or with your medications. And sometimes, a little companionship is just what the doctor ordered. Our regularly-scheduled caregivers can accompany the resident to meals, social events, and recreational activities.

And of course you’ll have access to all the benefits and activities that all our independent living residents enjoy, like …

• Full service, fine dining that includes three healthy, delicious meals daily, plus snacks
  • Regular exercise program
  • Emergency call system within each apt
  • Front desk staffed 24/7
  • Daily cultural, social, recreational & entertainment activities
  • Free underground parking
  • Housekeeping and linen services

ALSO OFFERING …

• On-site beauty / barber shop
  • Scheduled transportation for shopping & medical appointments

Come pay us a visit at Albuquerque Grand Senior Living and find out all you need to know about our Assisted Living apartments and services.

Offering both independent and assisted living, Albuquerque Grand is dedicated to providing an active, vibrant senior lifestyle with a wide variety of activities to ensure that our guests flourish physically, emotionally,and socially…backed by a commitment to excellence in service by caring professionals at all levels. We place a high value on hands-on, friendly care, as well as providing well-rounded, complete nutrition in an elegant dining environment. We love our guests…and we love their families.

Map of Albuquerque Grand Senior Living