The Chelsea at Brick

Reviews of The Chelsea at Brick

Assisted Living Reviews for The Chelsea at Brick

June 28, 2012

By mel4kz

I gave the facility 5 stars because my relative is happy with it which is so important. I am also happy with it. The people who work there are very loving and caring. The facility is clean and very well maintained. The employes seem to care and understand the needs of others. This is so important because the staff is who is always around the persons staying there. They need to be relied on. I have to say it is not inexpensive. All facilities cost money but I am happy with this one and it is worth the cost. Very caring and supportive. I was involved in making the decision for this facility and I personally only looked at one other facility close to home but this one seemed to be the best. It was important to pick a place that is not too far away. That makes it easier for friends and family to visit and makes the person at the facility seem closer to family and friends.

July 30, 2011

By Jen Anderson

My grandfather was a resident at the Worthington for about 5 years, and overall I feel he was well cared for. The facility was clean, and the staff was friendly. My main complaint is that there doesn't seem to be enough focus on keeping the residents active, and very often it seemed that my grandfather would go weeks without much physical activity. Of course this was mostly due to his age, but I felt the staff should have tried harder to keep him active. My grandfather always said he enjoyed being there, and it certainly felt like home for him, which is the most important thing. He always seemed to be well fed, which is also important as I have seen far to many elderly people become weak from lack of proper nutrition. I think the Worthington is a decent place to have a family member reside at, you hear so many horror stories about assisted living facilities, it's good to know that there are places out there that care.

June 02, 2011

By FilipChee

Friend or relative of resident

My grandmother ha been in The Worthington for a few years now. She has suffered from Alzheimer's and is very frogetful and has very many mood swings. My family and I were very skeptical at first due to hearing horror stories about other places like this, we decided to check it out. We walked in and it was beautiful. The inside was set up like a small village of sorts, various sitting rooms, cafe, hair salon, the list is endless. Another great feature was the staff, they were smiling, patient and seemed to really enjoy what they do. In the years we have been visiting her (weekly) , we have no complaints whats so ever.

Memory Care Reviews for The Chelsea at Brick

Costs for The Chelsea at Brick

Photos of The Chelsea at Brick

Services and Amenities of The Chelsea at Brick

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 65a007

About The Chelsea at Brick

The Chelsea at Brick offers assisted living and memory care options conveniently located in Brick, New Jersey. We believe that choosing our community should mark a new and exciting beginning of the “Golden Years”. During our daily activities, we help to foster new friendships, awaken past interests, and inspire new ones. We encourage our residents to remain independent by providing bus trips to local shopping centers, trips to the Ocean County Mall, opportunities to dine at local restaurants, and a visit to St. Dominic’s Church every Sunday. We host a monthly bus trip to Atlantic City for those looking to mingle with Lady Luck. When the weather is ideal, we also make several visits to Monmouth Park Racetrack to place our bets and to Brick Park Beach to enjoy the sand between our toes. If your loved one chooses to skip the bus trips and stay in, our activity program provides opportunities for education, with monthly guest speakers, special events that embrace our past, and art classes to keep our creative juices flowing.

Provide yourself with peace of mind, knowing that your family member is taken care by loving, dedicated staff. We have a nurse on-call 24/7, compassionate caregivers, and a thorough housekeeping and maintenance team that makes sure the community is kept in top shape. It is our goal to help your loved one thrive physically, socially, and personally.

Features & Amenities

• 24-hour professional trained staff
  • Full-time registered nurse (RN)
  • Health and wellness program
  • 24-hour emergency response system
  • Specialized 24-hour care for those with memory care needs
  • On-site physical, occupational and speech therapy
  • Restaurant-style dining room with delicious, nutritious menu choices
  • Private dining room for family meals and special events
  • Beauty/barber salon
  • Bright and airy sunroom
  • Spacious common areas
  • Covered porch with rocking chairs
  • Walking path
  • Daily scheduled activities
  • Scheduled transportation to shopping, local attractions, events, and more
  • Resident Computer
  • Free wireless internet for residents and guests
  • Spiritual services
  • Movie Theater
  • Daily Happy Hour

The Chelsea at Brick has the distinction of being an Advanced Standing community. This is bestowed upon an assisted living facility that successfully complies with all NJ state, federal and local regulations that pertain to licensed assisted living facilities and comprehensive personal care homes in the state of New Jersey. We are a home-like community with longevity of staff.

Map of The Chelsea at Brick