The Heritage at Shalimar Gardens
Offers Assisted Living
Reviews of The Heritage at Shalimar Gardens
Assisted Living Reviews for The Heritage at Shalimar Gardens
November 01, 2016
I am a friend or relative of a current/past resident
October 23, 2015
I am a friend or relative of a resident
Services and Amenities of The Heritage at Shalimar Gardens
About The Heritage at Shalimar Gardens
There's something about the small town of Fremont, Nebraska. Everyone knows one another. Wants to stay there. The strength of this community is reflected in an ideal place for the area's seniors: Shalimar Gardens Assisted Living and Memory Support Community, in business almost ten years. "Lots of people at Shalimar Gardens grew up together because of the small town of Fremont," says senior living counselor Beth Fikensher. "So many people know each other and are pleasantly surprised to learn some of their old friends are at Shalimar Gardens."
Although a feeling of community comes naturally to Shalimar Gardens, the establishment has also vowed to uphold this value in principle, declaring to serve the community both within and outside their building walls. The responsibility extends to individuals, as well, with a resolution to consider each resident unique and cherished.
The community is run by a professional management staff, with complete maintenance of building and grounds, including trash and snow removal. Safety is key, with smoke detectors, sprinkler systems and a personal emergency alert system. Further, a registered nurse is on staff from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM daily along with 24-hour certified staffing.
Shalimar Gardens Assisted Living delivers six levels of care, according to individual needs, based on a plan drawn up by a registered nurse, the resident, family and physician. Third-party providers are allowed, such as home health workers and hospice care.
- Health monitoring and emergency services
- On-site healthcare
- Three meals a day served restaurant-style in an elegant dining room
- Regular maintenance and repair of apartments and furnished appliances
- Weekly apartment cleaning service
- Weekly flat linen laundry service
- Activity Coordinator of social, cultural and recreational events
- Transportation to scheduled appointments and shopping
- Close proximity to Omaha, while still retaining the small-town atmosphere of Fremont
- Less than Â½ mile from the nearest hospital and medical services
- High level of care compared to competition in the area
Folks are drawn to Fremont. Even those who left the area years ago will return to live their final days at Shalimar Gardens. If you don't initially come for the social aspect , but instead admire the care, safety and staff dedication, you will stay for the camaraderie and warmth of the people.