Sugarbush House #1

Reviews of Sugarbush House #1

Assisted Living Reviews for Sugarbush House #1

July 29, 2011

By Meiho

I was desperate to find a high quality adult foster care/assisted living facility for my dad, from whom I lived 2,500 miles away. I found the Sugarbush House online (http://thesugarbushhouse.com/). It looked too good to be true. I asked some friends of my dad's to check it out for me and they immediately told me that he should move it. One of the homes was built by an associate of Frank Lloyd Wright. It is a Prairie Style home with 6,000 square feet for 6 residents. Some residents have not just a room (and bath) but a suite. The other house, right next door, looks like something out of House Beautiful. Jannine, the owner of the business, has incredible taste and makes sure that the homes are beautifully decorated all the time, but especially festive at holidays. My father moved in in June 2010. He was diabetic and had Alzheimer's. Jannine registered him with the home health agency that provides a visiting physician! Who knew that doctors make house calls these days? The agency also has portable x-ray equipment. This eliminated the need for my dad to run all over town to various doctors. Even the podiatrist came to the house. Meals were wonderful, served home style. Jannine served each resident's favorite meal on their birthday. My dad, whose 91st birthday would have been today, asked for turkey and all the fixings on his 90th birthday and Jannine made it. She invited some of his friends, and they had a birthday party, complete with gifts, a hat, etc. for my dad, his friends, and the other residents. She always made sure that my dad and all the residents were clean, had clean and stylish clothes, and had their hair done. The staff members could not be more gracious, caring, competent, and kind.They have video monitors in each room so that they can watch the residents at all hours. My father tried to get out of bed in the middle of the night, and when he did, he fell. Caregivers monitored his movements and were by his side before he had a chance to fall. During my dad's final days, caregivers took turns staying with him so that he wouldn't die alone. They kept me informed of his decreasing abilities. They made it possible for me to see and talk with him on Skype, which meant the world to me. My dad's memorial service was last week, and Jannine attended. I can't say enough good about her, the facilities, and her staff. They provided wonderful care to my father in his final year of life, much more than I could have done for him. They treated me so well, too! I'll never forget their kindness to my father and to me.

Costs for Sugarbush House #1

Photos of Sugarbush House #1

Services and Amenities of Sugarbush House #1

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: AS250306415

• Get Costs

About Sugarbush House #1

Where would you want to live if you needed daily assistance? In your home, of course. The Sugarbush Houses aim to be that home for six lucky full-time assisted living residents, offering skilled care in a respectful, self-sustaining community. On our beautiful modern 5 acre property in the gorgeous, up-scale Western Hills area of Flint Township, The Sugarbush Houses brings together innovative and alternative visions of the potential in our elderly family members' latest years. We have established a new kind of Elder Care model based on the idea that the elderly are fully-realized persons with ideas, thoughts and experiences that matter.

At The Sugarbush Houses, we promote the dignity and self-worth of all our residents and strive to give them excellent quality of life, as defined by the residents, individually and as a group.

At The Sugarbush Houses we seek to reassure families in everything we do that the choice to let us take care of their family member is a loving, kind and generous act.

We offer assisted living services at an inclusive price. Services include, dressing, bathing, medication monitoring, laundry service, room cleaning, three meals, snacks and beverages, plus much more.

At The Sugarbush Houses we see a different way of assisting our elderly members through a new stage in their lives. Acknowledging that where they live is their home. We have established a facility that meets their needs and nourishes their social connections, individual dignity and personal preferences. All of the bedrooms are extremely large some are to be shared. Each bedroom has its own bathroom with colorful tile and amenities. Comfortable chairs for sitting are available around the house. Common areas include an extremely large living room with floor to ceiling windows with a view of the blooming apple orchard. A ceiling-mounted projector T.V. can show their favorite movies. There is a central courtyard located in the middle of the home for even more natural light.

Map of Sugarbush House #1