Saugus Care and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Saugus Care and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Saugus Care and Rehabilitation Center

September 27, 2014

By carolem1961

Please look some where else...... The very first day was so bad that i started looking for a new home immediately. My mom has been in several rehabs and never complains, however the first day iii showed up she was\LAYING in her wheelchair in the dining room, then she had to go to the bathroom so 2 of the aids that were sitting just beside her as she was laying in her chair proceede to take her to the toilet, that didnt go well, they were too impatient to wait for her to shuffle her feet to reach the toilet so they proceede to the bed with bedpan, then wheeled her back into the Dining Room with her ankle section of her pants up to her crotch, I just couldnt believe it. Then she immediately told me that they dropped her and hurt her. It doesnt stop there. They never ordered her one of her medications for 7 days and when i was taking her to her new rehab they sent her there without all the documents that are needed and when i tried to sign out her clothes it wasnt her list of clothes in her file etc etc. Then i had to go back to this facility and pick up all her correct forms and was there till almost 12am. The only NICE thing about this facility is Jodie the head nurse.

March 28, 2012

By Erin H

I recently visited a resident at Saugus care and Rehabilitation center. In general, I thought Saugus care and Rehabilitation center was wonderful. The grounds of the facility are well kept. The center is located on a main road in Saugus, MA and is easily accessible by car. There is adequate parking available for visitors. There is a designated smoking area for residents' on the grounds. The common areas of the facility are well-maintained and often full of residents socializing. The shared residents' rooms are a bit small with unremarkable features. Placed around the center were flyers encouraging residents to attend upcoming events scheduled such as bingo, movies, and various arts and crafts activities. The staff and management of the facility are responsive. While I was there, I noticed that the social worker, RN, and other staff had developed a caring and friendly relationship with a resident who is known for being a little difficult. The facility staff demonstrated caring, patience, and positive re-direction to this resident on several occasions. I observed several caring interactions between residents and the staff whether it was a brief hello in the hallways or lending a helping hand to a resident who dropped something. The facility staff took the time to organize and attend a team meeting for this resident to help her advocate for herself. The facility staff was genuinely concerned that the resident would be happy and successful once she left the facility. One of the only frustrations I encountered with the facility occurred when calling the resident via the facility phone to speak with her. The facility line was either busy or rang for a lengthy time without anyone answering. Overall, Saugus care and Rehabilitation center is a great place, and I would recommend it to everyone, especially individuals that may have a difficult time developing relationships with others. On a scale from 1-5, I would give the facility a 4 out of 5.

About Saugus Care and Rehabilitation Center

Saugus Care and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Saugus, Massachusetts that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Saugus Care and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Saugus Care and Rehabilitation Center