Quarry Hill

Reviews of Quarry Hill

Assisted Living Reviews for Quarry Hill

October 14, 2016

By Virginia651765

I have been to Quarry Hill. I like it very much. I felt good that they have apartments of different sizes and different costs, although I wish they had more meals to offer. The location seems nice. It seems to be in a park-like setting, and I’m used to living out in the country, so for me, that’s the feeling. I like the friendliness that I found there.

June 19, 2012

By memoryof dottie

My mother had dementia and lived the last 6 years of her life in assisted living and final a nursing home. Quarry Hill in camden Maine, has an excptional assisted living facility. They were just fantastic with my Mother, who in the begining was kind of a handful to say the least. But they did a lot of one on one with her, the activities person would take my mother to deliver mail and newspaper throughout the facility. They even got a carpet sweeper for her so she could feel like she was being useful. These may seem like little things, but its these things are what made every day a happier one for my mother. My mothers dementia finally progressed and it was time to go to the next level of care. Knox Center in Rockland Maine was where she went. At first it was hard. The nursing home residents require more care, but with the same number of staf. This was a huge thing for me to get use to. I didnt like the nursing home at first, I didnt like the idea that she wasnt getting the attention I thought she deserved. Mom did fall and break her hip, normal for this type of nursing home. Unfortunatley this was the beginig of the end for my Mother. 2 years later she passed. During her passing the staff at Knox was very respectful of our privacy with our mother. All in all our experience at knox was ok. Id only give Knox 3 stars. I wish mom could have stayed at quarry hill, I would give them 6 out of 5 stars.

March 15, 2012

By cnl_120

The staff and services were great. Emergencies were always responded to. Maintenance was on the ball and the lawn/landscaping always looked sharp. There were sweeping fields of grass and the houses were placed far enough apart. The units themselves were fairly nice on the inside, with radiant heat flooring and decent kitchens. There was wall-too-wall carpet in each room that was thick, fluffy, and soft. Windows were spaced in a way that always let the warm daylight in, although the halls could get pretty dark. Interior construction was high quality, with thick walls and high ceilings, but the design provided hallways that were a bit too narrow. The provided lighting was a little gross looking because it was fluorescent, however the house was nice and cozy with table lamps turned on. The only real gripe I had was with the exterior--it was a bit tacky. The unit was painted an unnatural, gaudy yellow hue with white trim. The whole thing was vinyl sided which made gave it the appearance of being fake and cheap. The living experience at least was good though.

Services and Amenities of Quarry Hill

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

About Quarry Hill

Quarry Hill is a senior living provider in Camden, Maine that offers residents Assisted Living, Assisted Living, and Nursing Homes. Contact Quarry Hill for more details on services and rates.

Map of Quarry Hill