St Joseph Nursing and Rehabilitation

Assisted Living Reviews for St Joseph Nursing and Rehabilitation

Nursing Home Reviews for St Joseph Nursing and Rehabilitation

April 05, 2021

By Zach Font

This is the first time I have had any experience with a nursing home. I oversee my aunt's care and had to place her in one before she could live alone in her home again. Overall I was pleasantly surprised at the great care and therapy she received. She was here 20 days, received a lot of therapy and nursing care and went home strong enough to live alone, with additional home health.

April 05, 2021

By Bryce Hebert

-Therapy was top notch -Housekeeping did a really good job cleaning the room daily -Activities staff the sweetest people who have an awesome impact on morale of the patients -C.N.A.s go above and beyond for the patients -Overall really good experience for my Dad

April 02, 2021

By Suzy West

Big hearts by the team here for my Mom. I am very grateful to have him home after therapy got him strong again.

April 01, 2021

By Judie Smithson

The ancillary staff from housekeeping to laundry to dietary do an awesome job. These employees go out of their way to see how my Father is doing daily. They are his favorite people.

April 01, 2021

By Lolita Dorand

I receive awesome care from a special team. I feel special when the staff cares for me. Thank you.

March 30, 2021

By Moses Fearman

Really, really , really good therapy. This team works miracles.

March 30, 2021

By Tom Crawford

MY Father was treated with a lot of love. The people that work here have giant hearts.

By Vincent Rob

My Aunt is pretty happy hear. She frequently tells me about the activities and quality of the food when I visit with her for visitations due to Covid.

By Carlos Burch

The hospice team and caring aides were wonderful. I felt like my Dad was surrounded by people that truly cared for him and brought him peace the final days of his life. Thank you.

By Pressly Walmer

The communication and constant desire to promote family involvement in the care of my Father is what I appreciate most about St. Joseph's. I commend the staff on the hard work they do.

March 25, 2021

By Prince Zeran

The staff really brought hope to my situation. I could not ambulate, stand, or go to the restroom on my own. I left on a walker able to do all of these things. Words cannot explain how grateful I am to the loving & caring staff.

March 19, 2021

By Rych101

My Loved one received good care. The CNA on the weekday went above and beyond praying with her. It really made a difference. The people here care.

March 12, 2021

By Yates 14

Thank you so much for caring for my father during this difficult pandemic- these are indeed trying times. He has been kept comfortable as he battles with dementia, and it gives me peace of mind.

March 10, 2021

By Princess!2021

The team was very good here to help my Mother get well. She would always talk about how the housekeeping team would greet her with a smile every morning and keep her room very clean

March 10, 2021

By Jovan Bleamanch

Watching my Father suffer from dementia has been one of the most difficult challenges I have ever faced. That being said, watching the care he receives from the staff brings comfort to me knowing that he is being cared for and treated with dignity and respect. Thank you to the staff.

March 08, 2021

By Chelsea Smith

The care and compassion shown to my Father here the final days of his life will stick with me for years to come. Thank you.

March 08, 2021

By Christian Clesi

The CNA on the Covid unit went above and beyond for my Mother. She would spend 5 minutes during her lunch breaks holding her hand and singing to her. The compassion helped my Mom get through this challenging time and back home with me. I am grateful for the care she received.

March 03, 2021

By brycekeller

I am grateful for the quality care and compassion my Father received at St. Joseph's. Thank you!

February 26, 2021

By Janice Prescott

I am extremely thankful to have my Father home after he received very good care here. Therapy really brought him to a better place where I will be able to help him live at home safely. Thank you!

February 25, 2021

By keyerabroussard

My Father has gotten stronger with daily therapy and should be able to make it home soon. The facility has done a really good job communicating with me through weekly phone calls and newsletters.

February 25, 2021

By Nancy19771

My best friend lived a fulfilling life here the last couple of years. The staff really did treat her special. She was very happy. I miss her.

February 22, 2021

By rharris19581

I was able to get a lot stronger and go home thanks to therapy and the people that cared for me. I was upset to be in a nursing home, but am grateful for them now that I see what they do.

February 22, 2021

By Ricky Plaisance

My Mother received the care I always wanted for her during her final days on hospice. The staff did everything they could to allow us to visit and spend time with her. The care takers truly showed love and compassion for my Mom, and that is what she needed most. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

May 01, 2019

By gatorkemp

ST. Joseph is totally unprofessional on every level! When my wife and I arrived the first thing we noticed that the place smelled bad, and that the staff did not address the needs of my father! A personal phone call was more important than a bed change! The staff has no patience for the Ederly and the infirm! The only reason I'm even giving it a star is because I have too ,to leave a comment! My advice to anyone is dont bring your love one here!

July 20, 2017

By Fam,ily Member

The care at St. Joseph of Harahan is excellent! My relative was recently discharged after rehab and we can't be happier with the care he received there. The admission was really easy, the food was really good, (he loved the special one to one touch the dietary staff had with him and always worked hard to keep him happy.), the therapy was great and he is home now. There were lots of activities but he didn't take part very much. But he was always invited. The nursing staff were very nice and the directors spent time making sure he was happy and received the appropriate care. The place is clean and doesn't smell like we thought it would. We would very much recommend St. Joseph to everyone.

March 19, 2017

By Kbutler22

St. Joseph is an excellent facility. Rehab is awesome, Nursing care is personable, and food is delicious. My brother was there for rehab after he was in an incident resulting in a fractured hip. The different teams on a whole worked so well together to make my brother happy and healthy again. As in all of these sort of facilities, you will have to speak up if there is an issue, but it was always quickly addressed with the management staff at St. Joseph. Happy we chose St. Joseph for our loved one!

February 10, 2017

By Ochsnerpt

So sad to say that that my relative got the worse care imaginable. She was told to just pee in her diaper, It would take them ages to come in when you pressed the button. The nursing staff was rude and arrogant. I would never put a loved one in the skilled nursing facility every again!

December 28, 2016

By Fam,ily Member

Great Place! I was just there and visiting a family member, and she was so happy and obviously well cared for. The staff all knew her well and the food was very good. She is very happy there and that's all I can ask for. I looked at other homes in the area and could not believe how much nicer the Harahan home is than the others.

September 10, 2016

By Missy444

Greatly improved. Love the staff. They are compassionate and care about my mom who has been a resident for 6 years.

June 28, 2015

By jay1212

If I could rate 0 stars I would. I put my beloved mom in there and had to pull her out after 3 days. Care was HORRIBLE, they had no clue how to transfer her without dropping her. Never did get her medications straight! CNA'S were beyond rude and uncaring and the nursing care wasn't much better. In 3 days my mom went from being a very happy, alert 90 year old to a vacant eyed, unresponsive patient who I am convinced would not be with us today had we left her in that place. Thank God mom is now in a caring, loving nursing home. THIS PLACE IS NOT ONE! Please do not put a loved one in here.

June 15, 2015

By Marsie

My father stayed here twice for rehab and this is clearly the best facility he has stayed in. The staff (nursing, dietary, rehab, activity, social services, laundry, housekeeping, etc.) are always polite and friendly. They are awesome. The rehab staff had an excellent regimen and my daddy has significantly improved after his 3-week stay in the inpatient rehab department. He has received rehab at other facilities, but St. Joseph is the best of all. I highly recommend them. Thank you all for everything!

November 27, 2013

By RR Resident

Food cold, not very appetizing.Niursing care was terrible . CNA's carried a chip on their shoulders.Rooms were old much of the equipment did not work. Physician care was done mainly interns who accompanied 1 Doctor who did not get to see all the patients. Physical therapy department was adequate. Staff personnel when complained to about the CNA bad behavior ,said they talked to them but they did not change their attitude. Place understaffed, Patient family members had to help the patients who needed help, Administration did nothing to correct this problem but told us on application not to assist any other patient but to get an aide,WHAT a Joke ? Very disappointed Mother Ended up in Hospital due to lack of proper medical need attention.

May 19, 2012

By Visit 120

My overall experience with this facility was not positive. However there were some positives as well as negatives. The facilities were not spectacular or top-notch. They seemed to be regular run of the mill rooms. They were clean however there wasnt much space or decoration in them. The facilites were also on the basic side. There were common areas for entertainment and meals but many residents were just sitting outside of there room doors in wheelcharis. There was one nicer area with carpeting and a piano but it was empty when we were shown it. The staff I'm sure have nice workers but that day's workers were not engaging at all. The facility appeared severely understaffed. Those that were there were not gentle in nature with the residents. Many yelled rude things to them. A few residents appeared neglected. Some had bed sores and rashes from wet undergarments. I didn't observe meal times but residents in the common areas has basic snacks in front of them. These were juices, pudding, jellow, graham crackers. The most promising thing that I saw was the mass bingo game that some residents and staff participate in. Residents seem to be interacting with each other. The most distressing thing I was was the small number or staff and no therapy session were taking place.

Services and Amenities of St Joseph Nursing and Rehabilitation

• Overall:
  • Medicare Provider Number: 195374
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About St Joseph Nursing and Rehabilitation

St Joseph Nursing and Rehabilitation is a senior living provider in Harahan, Louisiana that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact St Joseph Nursing and Rehabilitation for more details on services and rates.

Map of St Joseph Nursing and Rehabilitation