Chisholm Place

Reviews of Chisholm Place

Memory Care Reviews for Chisholm Place

March 20, 2015

By Lynda17

We placed my dad in Cypress Springs. We picked them because we are really impressed with the people that work there. It is not a really large facility, which we like. We like the room that my dad is placed in. It is fully furnished. The location is nice and close to where my brother and I live. We like the food that they serve. My dad actually chose it. This morning they played bingo, and today they have someone coming in who plays guitar. They have music activities. They have a person in charge of the activities. They do Frisbee, balloon toss, cooking, reminiscing, and bible study. They have something going on all the time. They served popcorn for them yesterday, and the smell of the popcorn gets my dad up and out of his room. They have a beautiful, open garden area that the patients can go out, walk, and sit in anytime they want. We have no problems with them. My dad went into a problem area last weekend. He keeps moving all of his stuff out of his room and packing them all up. He is determined that they will tell him that he can leave. I go and put everything away, and then he will pack it all up again. After the third time we decided to just leave it the way he has it. Then the day after he didn't like it that way anymore, he started unpacking it and put it away. Then we had a good week. They work with him so well. The rooms are furnished, and the furniture is really nice.

February 18, 2015

By John100397050

My wife is in memory care, and I am not really satisfied with it. It is a good facility, but with her condition, I just feel that she is not being taken care of as she could be or should be. I could be wrong. My wife is still there, and I don't intend on taking her out. The name is Cypress Springs. It is a square shaped building, and the hallways are really long. One of the problems with my wife is that she has started wandering like people do with dementia and going in other people's rooms, so they keep telling me, "Oh, we will watch her and keep her," but what I don't understand is some of the residents leave their doors open, and it is just an invitation for somebody with dementia. They don't know where they are, they just walk in, and then if they need clothes they all go into the closet and get clothes and take them. So the staff is not one-on-one because that is so expensive probably for anybody. The price was one reason why we chose it because it was one of the cheapest places. They did not have a full place when I went -- it was only about 50 percent when she moved in and it is filling up now -- but they gave me a good deal. It was a good deal compared with what I would have had to pay for a single room because they gave me a double room for one person, and then they gave me level 2 so that was a little cheaper. It is OK, but there is nothing good about the whole situation, and that is not really knocking down, it is just the situation that I am in financially and my wife is in mentally. They do have activities, but I find them a total waste of time for somebody at her level. When I took her to play bingo, half of the people present would go to sleep while that was going on. Another thing was the exercise program. I happened to be there one day when they were doing that, and the only one doing it was the director who would sit by one person, and they would try to do it, but as I looked around, again half of the tmem were sleeping and not paying attention at all. But that is not Cypress' faults. It is where these residents are in their lifetime. The rooms are really nice, and they furnish everything. You don't have to move furniture in and out, they will use their own furniture, and it is nice. The single room has a bathroom, a separate room, and a nice shower area that you can walk in and where you don't have to step over something -- just a plain walk-in -- so there is no tripping or anything.

January 17, 2015

By Richard100507150

We have mother-in-law is in Cypress Springs. It is entirely memory care, and it is about five miles from the house, so it is very convenient. The food is good, and she likes it. Her room is very pleasant. It has a nice central area where patients can walk outside. They have a great staff. They are always very pleasant. The patients are well taken care of. The food is excellent. They manage her medications properly. It is just a really top notch place.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: N087071

About Chisholm Place

Welcome to Chisholm Place

Located in Wichita, KS the Chisholm Place is a residential option for those seeking elder care solutions. As part of Anthem Memory Care Community family, Chisholm Place Wichita offers a compassionate and comprehensive, individualized senior care design, combining assisted living with one-on-one dementia and memory care. In addition, Chisholm Place offers respite care, serving families and caregivers throughout the region.

The Chisholm Place model incorporates each individual resident's unique life story into its care approach. Utilizing our distinctive "Meaningful Moments®" approach, the Chisholm Place team provides a warm and meaningful assisted living environment.

The partners in care relationship we encourage with resident families and friends is invaluable. Our unique approach benefits from this relationship as familiarity and appreciation of each resident's life experience and background provides a vital link in successful memory care management.

Memory Care in Wichita

Often the mental demands of those struggling with Alzheimer's disease can take over the emotional needs of this population. But at Chisholm Place in Wichita, KS we keep the emotional needs and feelings of your loved one at the very center of what we do.

Our exclusive Meaningful Moments® program is specifically designed to help meet the needs of those residents with memory loss. We begin by finding out the life story of each individual by finding out their preferences, likes, dislikes and cherished memories. By adding details and preferences from the residents' life stories into their day we can build comfort and a sense of meaning for each resident individually. The result is a familiar atmosphere for your loved one.

Our residents have access to a whole host of amenities and programming options to help keep them active and engaged in daily life.

There are excursions to restaurants and shopping, arts and crafts classes, movie nights and many chances for family and holiday celebrations. Our Meaningful Moments® program, paired with our active and engaged staff members, Chisholm Place brings together the very best Alzheimer's care in Wichita, KS.

• Pre-admission home visit and assessment
  • Specially trained staff to assist with all aspects of care while maximizing and encouraging independence
  • A fully supervised, success-oriented activities program
  • Regularly scheduled social events with family involvement welcomed
  • Three nutritious meals served daily, with snacks available throughout the day
  • Supervised outings to nearby points of interest Furnished linens and routine housekeeping
  • Comfortable, attractively decorated living rooms, activity rooms and private conversation areas
  • Cable TV and fireplace in living rooms
  • Beautifully landscaped secured courtyard with walking areas
  • Individualized service plans
  • Electronically monitored security system
  • TV and phone outlets in all resident rooms
  • Support groups, educational programs and referral services

Thank you for your interest at Chisholm Place. Please give us a call and we will be happy to assist you.

Map of Chisholm Place