Cedarhurst of Naperville/Woodridge

Reviews of Cedarhurst of Naperville/Woodridge

Assisted Living Reviews for Cedarhurst of Naperville/Woodridge

February 28, 2019

By Reviewer021319

My aunt was at Cedarhurst. It was very new and just opened in March, so everything was very clean and new. However, I think their nursing staff was inexperienced for critical care thinking. The first week, my aunt's room was cleaned, and then I noticed it wasn't getting cleaned. So I said something to the director, and that problem was cleared up and then it was cleaned every week. They vacuumed and cleaned the bathroom. The meals were great and they had restaurant-setting. They had waiters that would come out and take your order. The food was very good; it was prepared nicely. There was good presentation and good variety. They called the workers "resident assistants" instead of nurse aides. However, they did not know how to operate my aunt's oxygen when she first got there, which was surprising. That took me aback and I was very upset because my aunt is on oxygen 24/7. I wasn't too happy with that. The director was very good though. She trained everybody on oxygen right away. Once that was cleared up, it was fine. They're really good about social activities. It was the best value but I got a special deal because we signed on before the end of the year, and it was best price in the area that I was looking.

Memory Care Reviews for Cedarhurst of Naperville/Woodridge

April 14, 2019

By peachy824

Rooms are very nice and there are options to have a kitchenette or not. There are lots of amenities such as a movie theater, activity room, and community family room which is used often for Friday social hours with hired entertainment. There are two beautiful player pianos, although I wish they were in use a little more often. Staff is very friendly although there has been a great deal of turnover at all levels from kitchen staff, RAs, nursing including DON and ADONs. I am hopeful that they have staff that will stay in place at the moment. Precious is an AMAZING activities director for MemoryCare. Residents are always so busy and she keeps the families informed of the daily events through the CareMerge app. Samantha, who directs activities with the AL residents is also very dedicated and friendly. She even drove my loved one on the Cedauhurst bus to an appointment when I couldn't get her in my car (and it was almost time for her to go home.) Nurses Alice and Joyce are super friendly and keep me informed of my loved one's needs/issues. PT/OT and Speech is in-house, but contracted out through empowermewellness and I have been very happy with their services and the compassion they show my loved one. Although the PT/OT gym took 9 months longer to complete than initially planned, I am happy to see it in operation. There had been some issues with communication between the MemoryCare floor and food service, but I think they are addressing those issues. Food generally looks/tastes good and if they don't like the meal that is served they are allowed to order something off the a la carte menu. Thanks to many of the RAs that show compassion for and/or dedication toward caring for the NaperRidge residents including Marie, Charie, Theodora, Irma, Nikita, Gladys and more. Also, the current concierge staff is lovely and welcoming. It is always nice to be greeted by Anita, Judith and Doris. Lastly, the current Executive Director, Kendra, has been really great. She even acted as a contact person for me stay in contact with my loved one when I was away on vacation. Lastly, I'd like to add that the community has had several holiday celebrations where family is invited. These are very nice social opportunities for the residents, staff and family members.

April 04, 2019

By beakybird

My mom is very well taken care of. Precious is the best activity director. Theodora is a fantastic care giver, Joyce is an extremely conscientious nurse. Judith is a great smiling face at reception. Mom has no complaints.

March 06, 2019

By us

My mom receives wonderful care. The activity directors at this facility are fantastic. They plan a variety of activities each day and my mom truly enjoys doing them. The staff treat her like she is family!
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Questions about Cedarhurst of Naperville/Woodridge

What transportation services does Cedarhurst of Naperville/Woodridge offer to assisted living residents?

medical appts within 8 miles of the community and sched transportation

How does Cedarhurst of Naperville/Woodridge keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Caremerge a communication software program that allows us the email multiple family members and address questions.

Costs for Cedarhurst of Naperville/Woodridge

Photos of Cedarhurst of Naperville/Woodridge

Services and Amenities of Cedarhurst of Naperville/Woodridge

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

About Cedarhurst of Naperville/Woodridge

With 85 assisted living apartments and 24 residences equipped for memory care services, Cedarhurst of Naperville/Woodridge is specifically designed with the best interests of our residents in mind. Individualized care plans are created for each individual based on his or her needs. That way the value of your days spent in the Cedarhurst of Naperville/Woodridge community is as outstanding as possible.

Cedarhurst of Naperville/Woodridgeis more than just a place to live — it’s a thriving community. We have scheduled group and individual activities to foster fun, friendship, independence, and enjoyment among our residents, but also encourage people to make their own experiences based on their passions and dreams.

Assisted Living

Three home-cooked meals a day, maintenance and housekeeping staff at your disposal, private independent living in a gorgeous space, and as much enjoyment as you can handle, as well as expert care to complete daily tasks that may have become more challenging with age.

Memory Care

A completely customized experience for those who may be suffering from memory loss. From daily individual therapy and support to group activities and exercises, we have specifically designated memory care apartment spaces to meet your unique needs.

We also offer Respite Care and Adult Day Care.

Family Involvement

It’s up to our residents how much they’d like their family to be involved in their lives at Cedarhurst. All of our activities throughout the day are open to family members and friends. We welcome the feedback from a resident’s personal support network about what experiences would be most valuable for an individual and we are more than willing to partner with a family caregiver for certain services when it benefits our residents.

Every member of the Cedarhurst team cherishes the people they serve and the care they provide. Our work is approached with love.

Map of Cedarhurst of Naperville/Woodridge