Heartland of Moline

Reviews of Heartland of Moline

Nursing Home Reviews for Heartland of Moline

April 07, 2018

By chichope

When our loved one was checked into this facility, it did NOT compare to any other facilities check in process. They did not seem to know much of the health problems that they were dealing with, didn’t take an inventory of her clothes, didn’t bring a wheelchair or walker into her room until we asked for it, as they thought she could get herself to the bathroom. Took them a long time to answer her call light when she put it on. Used the wrong size ostomy bag on her for almost two weeks. They were also putting her osteomy bag on the wrong way and her own Dr. was very upset when we took her to her first appt. with him. It would leak almost everynight and she would wake up in a wet bed. Didn’t show her how to fill out a dining menu, in fact we had to ask them about it after two days, as she wasn’t getting one to fill out. We wrote on it that she didn’t eat PORK other than ham and bacon, and she was served it several times even after letting them know. When the facility Dr. evaluated her for the first and only time all he did was look at her feet and said, you’re good. He didn’t even listen to her heart, lungs or look at her ostomy. We would not recommend this facility after the lack of care she got! The nurse’s aide....Maria and her sister Patricia were awesome and really seemed to care. So was Cindy from central supply. Not a very satisfying stay.....period. Check out was basically very lax also.
We are sorry that you had a negative experience with your loved one's care and some of the staff at our center. Although we cannot discuss any specific issues on this site due to patient privacy, we would like to talk with you about your concerns. Please contact our Care Line.

October 31, 2017

By Margie

My father was in Heartland. They took care of him as much as they could. His room was clean. The food was good but he didn't eat much. The staff that we interacted with was very friendly. He was only there for a week. The facility was clean.
Thank you for sharing Margie! We are proud to have cared for your father and assist in his rehabilitation. We wish him the best!

June 01, 2017

By victoria154373

We visited Heartland, but I wasn't impressed with the care. It was clean; it was OK, but it was more clinical. It seemed that people were just left in their wheelchairs, and they seemed bored.
Victoria, we are sorry that you had a negative experience during your visit to our center. If you had any concerns you'd like to discuss, please contact our Care Line.

December 03, 2016

By Sharon130612

Heartland was OK and clean, but sometimes it smelled like a nursing home. Sometimes they have an odor to them, but it was clean, and the staff was doing their job; it’s just wasn’t as nice. The only thing I didn’t like was a lot of the time they would make them get up and sit in the wheelchair for half an hour before they took them to eat in the cafeteria. But they did have things for the patients to do and a library.

October 23, 2015

By imsopissed

In their mad rush to eject my mother from their facility when her insurance ran out, they lost her glasses. Now I either have to pay to get new ones or she goes without until Christmas waiting for Medicare to approve payment. They should pay more attention to caring for the people in their charge and less on their ratings. I'm glad she's not in their anymore.

September 29, 2015

Heartland Health Care Center in Moline was the place I found for my dad. The staff has good attitude towards taking care of him. The rooms and apartments were spacious. Their food and dining rooms were very good too. They have 3 dining rooms -- one for each level of people that need assistance. What impressed me most with this place was its location and recommendations from other people. It's a good experience overall.

March 23, 2015

They were outstanding, and Heartland is a five-star. The staff was very well-trained, and they were not understaffed. They were just on top of any condition that mom had, and they were trained to help with Alzheimer's. There were activities. She did go to some of the musical things, they had like nail polish day, it was varied, and it was just really nice. The grounds were very small, but they had a very big patio or porch-like area. They did take whoever wanted to go out, out. So it wasn't left to the residents to make their own way there. At that time, she was in a private room. It was light, she had a big window, and it was airy. The curtains were light colored; it was just much more cheerful. She stayed there for exactly 100 days, and that was when Medicare had run out.

About Heartland of Moline

Heartland of Moline is a senior living provider in Moline, Illinois that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact Heartland of Moline for more details on services and rates.

Map of Heartland of Moline