Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd

756 Neese Road, Woodstock, GA 30188
Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 159 days

Our Memory Care community is All-inclusive.

Reviews of Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd

Assisted Living Reviews for Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd

January 25, 2016

By Bridget6

I liked that there were varieties of things to do at Brookdale. It was clean and the staff seemed very engaged with the residents. They had some studios, and some had a small sitting room before you go into the regular apartment. I would say that the rooms were light and airy looking. They appeared well maintained.

December 28, 2015

By Daughter30

I visited Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock and didn’t like the place at all. I had an appointment, and when I walked in, they acted like they weren’t really prepared for me. I just didn’t like the whole feeling and didn’t feel like I would want to leave someone there.

We apologize that your tour of Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock did not meet all of your expectations. Our goal is to help individuals and families find customized senior living solutions, and we are very sorry if you felt disappointed during your visit. We would like very much for you to give us another opportunity to assist you and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

August 21, 2015

By Todd6

They were very nice and accommodating, and we liked Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock (Formerly Emeritus at Woodstock) a lot. My mother-in-law liked it so much, she put a deposit down on it and then changed her mind and asked for her money back because she didn't think her husband was ready to go yet. The staff was very helpful and followed up to make sure we understood everything, and I highly recommend them. They were very good.

August 08, 2015

By Theresa32

Brookdale Neese was an older facility. I had visited someone in there a number of years ago, and I liked it. However, the room that they showed me this time had a little entryway that could house two loveseats, and the bedroom was smaller. I wasn't too impressed with that living part of it, which made storage a very limited thing. It had a nice sized bathroom, but you had to put some extra shelving. It just didn't suit my vision of what I thought it was because I visited several years ago, and the person at that time had a sitting room bigger than what I saw this time -- a bigger bedroom -- and she had lots of larger furniture. They were busy; some volunteer had come in, and they were singing. They all looked pretty happy with that, and they do get to keep a pet. I would recommend it because it was upbeat. They had a big gathering area in the center of the place, and it's one level, which is much nicer for elderly. They can roll themselves right outside if they want to be.

July 28, 2015

I had a visit at Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock, and I can see that they are in some kind of transition. They didn’t have flyers or prices. Everything had to be handwritten because they didn’t have materials on hand. I believe at the time of my visit they were also short staffed. It is in a quiet area, and it appeared to be a nice facility. It was clean, and the rooms were adequate.

March 11, 2015

By John102954950

My mother is in Brookdale. It is very nice. She has a nice size bedroom, a nice size bathroom, and a little front room that allows her to put in a 50 inch TV and a rocking chair. She seems to like the food very much. They play bingo. They celebrate various occasions like Valentine's Day. They take them to grocery stores, K-mart, and doctor's appointments. They play mahjong. I moved her there because of its proximity to my house. It is only 10 minutes away, plus, they have the availability, and they had a special, which makes it cheaper.

December 02, 2014

I thought the Emeritus at Woodstock was not the same as when I knew it before under a different ownership, and I loved everything about it back then. Going in, to me, it was not the same décor as it was. It almost came more across like a nursing home kind of look and feel. I didn't like going in, I didn't get that homey feel, and it just wasn't nice. When we went in, there was nobody there that could help us that day. We met somebody -- who I think was a part-time employee -- and she really couldn't give us any information on pricing or anything like that, so we just left our name and number, and I don't believe anybody called us back.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts about our community. We deeply regret that we were unable to meet your expectations upon first impression. Please be assured we are committed to our residents and their family members. We hope you will keep us is mind and come back to visit again.

January 31, 2014

By Hopeful in GA

Emeritus at Woodstock was our second choice. It's a nice facility. The people were very nice, helpful, and informative.

August 27, 2013

By Just Visiting1

Emeritus at Woodstock was the one that I was very pleased with, especially the openness of the place. They had a nice outside patio area and a little walkway out to an area where you could sit and socialize with people when the weather is nice. They also had a larger room that might be available to have friends come over. It would be nice to be able to invite friends over. For early riser guests, they can go to this place and get cereals and coffee or juice and talk with other guests and that was good. With regards to staff, the person who showed us around gave us more information maybe because I asked a lot of questions and their manager was more impressive. Residents seemed happy, others were smiling and seemed relaxed. The only thing that I don't care for about this facility is the location. It was up the hillside and there was kind of a windy road when you go up there, so that was a little detrimental to me.

August 26, 2013

By Lyn5

I toured Emeritus at Woodstock and the staff was helpful. The residents waved and greeted the lady who showed me around. The facility was very nice. From the outside, it was smaller. However when I got inside, it was much bigger and spread out. The rooms were very nice. They had a calendar for their activities. They had exercises, movies and they took the residents to places. They had a small coffee shop as well; so, if the residents didn't want to go for the full breakfast, they could go there.

April 16, 2013

By Kathy21

We chose Emeritus for my father-in-law because of the homey atmosphere. The staff loved him and attended to his needs. I liked how well they treated him. There were also many activiities for the residents. His room was big and roomy. We also moved his furnitures to his room. The facility had a dining area complete with silverware. If possible, I would suggest to improve the way they deal with sick residents. Nonetheless, I would still recommend this place.

November 15, 2012

By warnellb

Emeritus at Woodstock was a very nice place for my father. They just need to improve the communication within the facility. On the other hand, staff has been really great and the food was good. He actually stayed there for while but when they re-evaluated him they suggested that he would really benefit more in the memory care. There was no vacancy at that time so we transferred him to another facility.

October 05, 2012

By Joan Huguley

My mother was a resident for approximately one year, and Emeritus at Woodstock was more like a true "home" for her than a facility. For us, every aspect felt like family. My mother was clearly not the easiest resident for the staff and yet she was endeared like everyone else and even given special attention and care. Emeritus' care did not end at the facility; while my mother was in the hospital, she had regular visits and calls from the Emeritus staff. My relationship with the kind people at Emeritus continues after my mother's passing - I stop by often to visit with an "adopted" resident and with the staff, many of whom have become good friends. I somewhat jokingly tell them to reserve a room for me for 20 years from now. I cannot imagine a better place. This Emeritus property is as good as it gets.

September 27, 2011

By LiveLife1

I enjoyed my stay here it felt like I was home and the co workers and other residents were my family and great friends. They always kept me entertained.

September 06, 2011

By july78

I visited this facility upon searching for a place for my mom and dad. The staff here were very helpful by showing me a tour of the kitchen, bedrooms, and activity areas which all happen to be very organized and clean. I saw many of the residents watching TV, karaoke and some inside planting.

August 02, 2011

By anonymous12345

Beautiful facility. I loved the staff that was on duty. When I was there the residents were in the dinning area and singing along with someone. The ones that were not singing, an employee would go up to them with a lot of positive energy and sing and dance with the residents. They finally started singing. If it was that easy for the staff to make them smile by singing I can only imagine how well they are taken care of outside of activities. When you walk in you feel at home and very welcomed by the staff and some of the residents

July 15, 2011

By Concerned Social Worker

Terrace at Woodstock is located a bit off the main road, with lots of churches nearby, which is attractive to many local residents. When you walk in, this feels like a nice and spacious place. But the problem is that visitors are left standing there without direction or greeting. There is usually no one at front desk"”which is not only offputting to visitors, it also signals the place may not be that safe or secure for the residents who live there. Staff members, once you find them, are not responsive to questions. There is a schedule of activities and good therapy sessions available. But other than that, the place is not distinctive. The rooms are an average size. The food is standard fare. The staff is not remarkable. And while the common area in the main assisted living part of the facility is clean, in the memory care unit, things go straight downhill. The memory care unit has a strong smell of urine"”and the caregivers there seem to take care of very basic needs, while providing no real stimulating activities or going any extra miles for the residents who live there.

As the Executive Director of the community for over eight years, I would like to respond to the prior comment made by a “concerned social worker”. We currently have a full-time concierge who covers our front desk from 9am to 5pm everyday. We have a weekend concierge who covers our front desk from 10 am to 4 pm. Our first impression/greeting our customers is very important to us. Our weekday and weekend concierge’s are also very attentive to our residents requests and/or needs so it is possible that there may be times that they step away from the desk momentarily to attend to those needs and/or requests. Emeritus at Woodstock is known for the longevity of it’s employees; they are trained to welcome, smile and greet everyone they come into contact with; if they don’t know the answer to a question, we train them to assist the customer in finding another staff member who can. We offer a nutritionally balanced menu for our residents with alternate choices and options; these menus are provided by a licensed nutritionists. The community is visited and evaluated by the nutritionist once each quarter to ensure compliance with the menus, food quality, portion sizes, etc. Our chef is a Servsafe certified Dietary Services Director working to his full ability to ensure that our residents have quality, satisfying and nutritionally balanced meals. Emeritus at Woodstock’s Memory Care community has been 100% occupied for over one year. Our staff in Memory care are hand picked due to their knowledge and love for working with our memory impaired residents; We pride ourselves with maintaining our Memory care community as a clean, odor free homelike environment that meets all of our residents basic needs but also their needs for companionship, stimulation, reminiscing about the past and everything in between. Our Memory care staff are chosen for this community because they do go “above and beyond” to ensure that our residents are safe, comfortable and at home when they choose our community as their home.

Kimberly A. Taylor – Executive Director Mentor, Emeritus at Woodstock

June 05, 2011

By SunsetTann

Friend or relative of resident

My grandmother was a resident of this facility and she thoroughly enjoyed it. Every time I came to visit, she would tell me of how happy she was there and how wonderful the employees treated her. The service was great and the activities provided were enjoyable for her age group.

Memory Care Reviews for Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd

Questions about Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Legacy Ridge Employees who work in our Memory Care receive ongoing required training monthly.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Population at Legacy Ridge is average 85. We have many of our residents that still drive and are very active. They enjoy our live entertaiment on Fridays and BINGO is alway a hit.

What places are near Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Many restaurants and shopping centers are within walking distance. We are very close to downtown beautiful Historic Woodstock! Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd is in a great location to access Highway 575 and off 92.

What transportation services does Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd offer to assisted living residents?

Our residents utilize our Legacy Ridge Coach Bus for personal Doctor appointments and scheduled Life Enrichment Outings!

What makes the chef or dining program at Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our resident’s enjoy Home Cooked meals daily by our chef. We offer 2 alternatives at every meal.

What safety features or security measures does Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd offer to assisted living residents?

Residents are given a bracelet or neck pendant upon move in. This safety measure is FREE and in addition to Emergency pull cords in the bathroom and bedroom.

How does Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We keep great open communication with our families. They typically call in for updates but we email, text and have regular care conference meetings to address their loved ones concerns.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd during daytime and nighttime hours?

Staff ratios: 10:1 1st shift, 10:1 2nd and 3rd shift 12.5:1

If Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are VERY Pet friendly here. We have residents that currently have their pets living in their apartments with them. LR has a great pet walking area with a convenient clean up station.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

As Legacy Ridge employees we are required to complete monthly LMS scheduled training sessions. We attend training seminars and have outstanding periodic web training sessions from our Corporate office.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Staff ratios: 10:1 1st shift, 10:1 2nd and 3rd shift 12.5:1

What safety features or security measures does Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd provide to protect residents who wander?

To assist our residents who wander, we have an area on the first floor that is strictly for our Memory Care residents to protect them. It is locked and secured with a coded password to enter and exit.

What programs or activities does Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Memory Care residents are offered a full monthly activity calendar geared towards mental, social and physical enhancement.

Our Health and Wellness Director assesses each resident that is admitted, readmitted form the hospital and any resident who has a change in Medical condition in AL or MC.

How does Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Our management team prides themselves on keeping in close contact with family members regards and change in their loved one’s current condition.

Describe the neighborhood around Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located on a very low traffic, quiet street but still conveniently located near restaurants, shopping centers and easy access to the highways.

Is Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Our community is close to Northside Cherokee in Canton, Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta.

Costs for Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd

Photos of Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd

Services and Amenities of Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd

• Assisted Living Starting At: $2000/month

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites.

• Dining Extra: Microwaves And Refrigerators

• Licenses: PCH
  • State Licenses: PCH010006

About Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd

Welcome to Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd

“If you are looking for a warm, inviting and laid-back atmosphere, you’ll find it at Legacy Ridge Neese Road! Partake in unique activities, socialize with the most friendly residents and receive attentive service all under one roof.”

Residents frequently enjoy visiting locally-owned shops downtown with antiques, books, art, jewelry, clothing, and accessories, as well as evening concerts in the park. We are also located near fun day excursions such as Stone Mountain Park, Smith-Gilbert Gardens, and Zoo Atlanta with local shopping and dining nearby.

Personal Care Home Services

A personal care home can be an excellent option for seniors who may need daily assistance in a secure and intimate environment. As part of our services, we encourage you to pursue what you love doing, such as enjoying family and friends, shopping, or arts and crafts. We take care of everything from medication administration and care evaluations to weekly housekeeping all under one roof at Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd.

Our Services Include:

• Advanced assisted living services
  • Licensed nurse available 24/7
  • Associates on site 24/7
  • Emergency response system
  • Medication administration and management
  • Bathing, dressing, grooming, and toileting assistance

Memory Care Services

Every 67 seconds, someone in the United States is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease and with that diagnosis – or other forms of memory loss – comes uncertainty for the future. We place each resident’s individual needs at the center of everything we do, offering a unique approach that our residents and their families not only appreciate, but also deserve.

Our Services Include:

• 24/7 specially trained memory care associates
  • Brain fitness and memory enhancement programs
  • Emergency response system
  • Medication administration and management
  • Bathing, dressing, grooming, and toileting assistance
  • Assistance with transfers

Our warm and inviting one-level community has many cozy gathering spaces for our residents to enjoy. Our beautiful light-filled atrium helps to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.

Map of Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd