Sumter Retirement Village

Reviews of Sumter Retirement Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Sumter Retirement Village

March 20, 2018

By Father was Resident

Sumter Retirement Village was highly recommended by many residents and residents' families. They run a very tight ship, with a the focus on the health and happiness of the residents. The staff are very genuine in their dedication to their residents and guests. The facility is very appealing and welcoming. A refreshing surprise as we visited several options before deciding on SRV!

October 05, 2012

By Robert11

My grandmother lived to be 96 years old. She was fiercely independent and lived on her on until her mid-90s. As her health declined, we looked for an assisted living facility where she would feel comfortable. My grandmother was a lifelong resident of Plains, Georgia, and liked being able to remain in her small town; the convenience of the location allowed her family and friends to visit easily.Sumter County Retirement Village offers private rooms with ensuite bathrooms. It has a dedicated staff who treat all of the clients respectfully. There is a large common area with televisions and project tables. There is also a dining hall which works to meet the particular dietary needs of the residents; it also meets their peculiar preferences. For example, they keep buttermilk for after supper -- my grandmother especially appreciated that. The home is situated in what used to be a field, so although the landscaping is good, it isn't yet mature. Many of the residents, including my grandmother, enjoy gardening and work in the flowerbeds themselves. For overnight, out-of-town visitors, the Retirement Village has very nice guest quarters. These have small kitchenettes, sitting areas and a bedroom. This feature made visiting my grandmother both comfortable and convenient. My grandmother happily spent her last years at Sumter County Retirement Village, and we appreciate all that they did to take good care of her.

Services and Amenities of Sumter Retirement Village

• Housing Extra: Capacity: 48

• Dining Extra: Snacks

• Features Extra: Courtyard,Individually Controlled Heat And Air, Emergency Call System,Pantry

• Personal Care Assistants
  • Range Of Services Extra: Yard Maintenance

Types of care

• Memory Care
  • Meal Preparation

About Sumter Retirement Village

Sumter Retirement Village is a senior living provider in Plains, Georgia that offers residents Assisted Living and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Sumter Retirement Village for more details on services and rates.

Map of Sumter Retirement Village